Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  Explosions at Boston marathon 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: Explosions at Boston marathon  (Read 2630 times)
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Explosions at Boston marathon « Reply #240 on: April 20, 2013, 01:47 AM »

Yes, he's been captured alive Smile
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Explosions at Boston marathon « Reply #241 on: April 20, 2013, 01:57 AM »

I see the false-flag conspiracy theorists are already out in force, led by David Icke.

That vile libertarian **** Alex Jones started with that nonsense almost as soon as the explosions happened.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Explosions at Boston marathon « Reply #242 on: April 20, 2013, 01:59 AM »

Yes, he's been captured alive Smile
So I've just read.  Well that's positive news.  Not that it'll do the victims much good but at least we might find out in due course what the motive was behind these attacks.  He's certainly going to have a tough time of it because he's going to be have to be kept constantly isolated from other prisoners, just as the Lockerbie Bomber was, in order to protect his own life for as long as he lives.  I don't know much about American law, which seems to vary from state to state anyway, but is it possible that he could be sentenced to death by lethal injection or whatever?  That though would seem to be too good a punishment for a mass murderer.
[ Last edit by Aileen April 20, 2013, 02:13 AM ] IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: Explosions at Boston marathon « Reply #243 on: April 20, 2013, 02:12 AM »

I've sort of fallen off the bandwagon here.

Is the surviving one the US citizen? If so, they can't possibly put him in G-Bay, right?
IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: Explosions at Boston marathon « Reply #244 on: April 20, 2013, 02:20 AM »

So I've just read.  Well that's positive news.  Not that it'll do the victims much good but at least we might find out in due course what the motive was behind these attacks.  He's certainly going to have a tough time of it because he's going to be have to be kept constantly isolated from other prisoners, just as the Lockerbie Bomber was, in order to protect his own life for as long as he lives.  I don't know much about American law, which seems to vary from state to state anyway, but is it possible that he could be sentenced to death by lethal injection or whatever?  That though would seem to be too good a punishment for a mass murderer.

Massachusetts doesn't have the death penalty.
IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: Explosions at Boston marathon « Reply #245 on: April 20, 2013, 02:21 AM »

I've sort of fallen off the bandwagon here.

Is the surviving one the US citizen? If so, they can't possibly put him in G-Bay, right?

Obama answered my own question when he said they would not treat him as an enemy combatant. Never mind.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Explosions at Boston marathon « Reply #246 on: April 20, 2013, 02:25 AM »

Massachusetts doesn't have the death penalty.
Thanks.  I knew some states still have it but didn't know which ones.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Explosions at Boston marathon « Reply #247 on: April 20, 2013, 04:13 AM »

I've been peeled to CNN all day, exhausting and emotional stuff. Can't imagine how you feel, Veronica. I'm very glad you and your friends are safe.

The power of the cell-phone with its media capabilities was a huge factor today.

Obama was quite subdued in his speech. Good that he didn't forget about the people of the town of West, Texas suffering from the fall-out of the fertilizer plant explosion.

I'm glad he was caught alive, but hope he survives his injuries. I want to know why a seemingly normal, funny, kind, intelligent 20 year old could have fooled so many people (and perhaps even himself) and carried out such atrocities.

I see no Miranda rights were given to this US citizen.

Let the legal circus begin..

IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: Explosions at Boston marathon « Reply #248 on: April 20, 2013, 04:18 AM »

Hold on, I have the explanation for the Miranda rights somewhere.

"I looked up the Miranda Supreme Court case just to refresh my memory and I can’t believe I’d blanked on this. They’re going to read him his Miranda rights, the media’s wording is off. They don’t have to read him his rights until their line of questioning could be used to incriminate him and formally charge him with a crime. Miranda rights don’t have to be read when public safety concerns are present. For instance, the police don’t know if there are bombs still out there, so they’re allowed to question him without reading him his Miranda warnings to protect the public."

Obama had said he wouldn't be treated as an enemy combatant so it'll be by the book.

This whole ordeal has made me even more wary of news media.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Explosions at Boston marathon « Reply #249 on: April 20, 2013, 08:10 AM »

Just heard that Obama thanked Putin for his "co-operation" over terrorism.
Disappointing, diplomacy at work obviously.
What Russia did in Chechnia was state terrorism on a massive scale.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Explosions at Boston marathon « Reply #250 on: April 20, 2013, 11:34 AM »

Suspect coming out of the boat and being apprehended

And then receiving first aid

[ Last edit by Mark April 20, 2013, 11:39 AM ] IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Explosions at Boston marathon « Reply #251 on: April 20, 2013, 07:42 PM »

Good to hear you're okay.
It's unbelievable.

I think the most chilling thing was when a couple of his buddies were interviewed and went through school with him. Hung out every day at lunch, spoke about him being a volunteer for kids with special needs, a wrestling coach..
You just never know about people.
Ironic he got his US citizenship last year on Sept 11.

I find it far more chilling when husbands plot murders against their wives of many years. I've seen so many of them over the years. Real cold blooded murderers and complete adults too.  

I also understand their Aunt's point. She'd seen them 5 years ago when they were 21 and 14. Rest assured that 14 year old wasn't plotting anything like this back then. You have a couple of students living in your basement and judging by your comments from time to time, it seems you all have a very good relationship going on. So what if they move out now and 5 years from now, they commit something similar? I am sure you'd find it very hard to believe.
[ Last edit by Emma Jean April 20, 2013, 07:53 PM ] IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Explosions at Boston marathon « Reply #252 on: April 20, 2013, 07:52 PM »

There was something very odd and Hollywoody about this whole bombing incident. From FBI posting pictures of suspects as a 'last resort' to gun fighting to heroic ending. It was all very public. A bit too public maybe. Was amazed how quickly they got hold of the suspects within 48 hours in fact. Pictures that should have never released were available all over the Internet right away. Very strange.

So the younger one who's in custody right now and in fact, in the hospital being treated as his conditions are quite critical due to blood loss, had received  scholarship to Boston U and was intending to become a brain surgeon in the future. And that was probably only a year ago. How do you go from there to here? Mind boggling stuff.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Explosions at Boston marathon « Reply #253 on: April 20, 2013, 07:53 PM »

The father of the men is now claiming that the younger brother was heavily under the influence of his older sibling and that he would never have done something like this of his own free will.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Explosions at Boston marathon « Reply #254 on: April 20, 2013, 07:59 PM »

The father of the men is now claiming that the younger brother was heavily under the influence of his older sibling and that he would never have done something like this of his own free will.

I completely buy it. The older sibling seemed to have lost the plot after the divorce and the brothers were probably very close. He must have had a lot of influence on the younger one. In any case, I won't be very surprised if there's a bigger agenda behind it and if the older one was approached by a third party - whoever that maybe. He should have been alive but I doubt the truth would have ever come out.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »