Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  Explosions at Boston marathon 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 Go Down Reply
Author

Explosions at Boston marathon

(Read 2925 times)
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Explosions at Boston marathon « Reply #210 on: April 19, 2013, 08:05 AM »

All going down it seems.

One of the suspects is the guy in the white cap:

'The suspect - which the police scanner described very specifically as a 5'11" 200lb "dark skinned white male" wearing a black top making a getaway "on foot in unknown direction" - shot a police officer, who is reportedly being transported to hospital.'

Police officer killed.

'Cambridge police feed reports that multiple shots have been fired and explosives have been detonated in Watertown.'

http://livewire.wcvb.com/Event/117th_Running_of_Boston_Marathon

'gunfight and explosives'

'Boston Globe reporting that one in custody, the other on the loose. says they are the 'marathon suspects'. not sure if thats an assumption or not but it seems there is a lot of circumstantial evidence linking the bombers to MIT to the MIT shooting to this, especially as there were explosions in Watertown.

Still explosions going on apparently. Apparently they have suspect #1 and its the #2 dude with the curly hair and big snozz who is on the rampage now '

'WATERTOWN POLICE SCANNER: "suspect that is still outstanding is suspect with white hat ID'd in photos"'

All a bit surreal.
[ Last edit by TheMadHatter April 19, 2013, 01:46 PM ] IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Explosions at Boston marathon « Reply #211 on: April 19, 2013, 02:13 PM »

A close up picture of the suspect still at large:

So unfortunate that these brothers would take such a route. Apparently been living in the States for a decade now.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Explosions at Boston marathon « Reply #212 on: April 19, 2013, 04:46 PM »

I am finding this story so hard to follow. This 19 year old is now a subject of a serious manhunt. He’s 19 – 3 years older that our Gangsta. What does a 19 year old know about life anyway? He could have been my brother. I get so dizzy when I think about it.  On one hand, I can’t even in my wildest dream support an act of violence; on the other hand, it’s so hard to see that this boy is now basically running on his last lifeline. What must be the parents are going through right now. This is why I am never a big fan of religions, the idea of separate countries…anything that divides us. At the very basic level, we are all human beings and that should always come first. I wish things were simpler than this but somehow our own selfish needs are so much bigger than a good cause. Human beings can be such a terrible bunch.  They are infected with this idea of division as soon as they are born. What a sad world we live in.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Explosions at Boston marathon « Reply #213 on: April 19, 2013, 05:01 PM »

I am finding this story so hard to follow. This 19 year old is now a subject of a serious manhunt. He’s 19 – 3 years older that our Gangsta. What does a 19 year old know about life anyway? He could have been my brother. I get so dizzy when I think about it.  On one hand, I can’t even in my wildest dream support an act of violence; on the other hand, it’s so hard to see that this boy is now basically running on his last lifeline. What must be the parents are going through right now. This is why I am never a big fan of religions, the idea of separate countries…anything that divides us. At the very basic level, we are all human beings and that should always come first. I wish things were simpler than this but somehow our own selfish needs are so much bigger than a good cause. Human beings can be such a terrible bunch.  They are infected with this idea of division as soon as they are born. What a sad world we live in.

Society is done for Emma, how old was Mr Adam lanza who shot those children in Colorado last December, he too was not much older than me.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Explosions at Boston marathon « Reply #214 on: April 19, 2013, 05:10 PM »

Society is done for Emma, how old was Mr Adam lanza who shot those children in Colorado last December, he too was not much older than me.

I know but it still doesn't comfort me. It turns out Adam Lanza was obsessed with other mass murderers according to CNN source. That is definitely a product of our dysfunctional society.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Explosions at Boston marathon « Reply #215 on: April 19, 2013, 06:37 PM »

An autopsy photo of the 20yo brother has been leaked. How on earth does that even happen?

Still searching for the 19yo.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Explosions at Boston marathon « Reply #216 on: April 19, 2013, 07:24 PM »

I've been watching the coverage. Unbelievable.

The aunt (who lives in Toronto  Rolling Eyes) is vocally denying they could have anything to do with this, and that she wants to see proof. She thinks the photos of them leaving the scene are fake.
btw.. she hasn't seen them since 2005.

Our border security has been heightened.
IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: Explosions at Boston marathon « Reply #217 on: April 19, 2013, 07:34 PM »

I'm trying to remind people that they've been living in the USA since what, 2001? The whole push about Chechnya is distant, but I realize the media wants to make them as foreign as possible.

I've gotten in touch with everyone I needed to last night. They have security guards trying to bring food to all our dorms (the cafeterias are outside for some of the buildings) which is really nice. Luckily, they closed all transportation routes an hour before I was off to Boston or else I'd be stranded.

IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: Explosions at Boston marathon « Reply #218 on: April 19, 2013, 07:35 PM »

The aunt (who lives in Toronto  Rolling Eyes) is vocally denying they could have anything to do with this, and that she wants to see proof. She thinks the photos of them leaving the scene are fake.

I'm trying not to think about the family right now (except the uncle) because if they're innocent (the family, not the brothers), they must be going through a complete shock coupled with suffocating media.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: Explosions at Boston marathon « Reply #219 on: April 19, 2013, 07:40 PM »

Good to hear you're okay.
It's unbelievable.

I think the most chilling thing was when a couple of his buddies were interviewed and went through school with him. Hung out every day at lunch, spoke about him being a volunteer for kids with special needs, a wrestling coach..
You just never know about people.
Ironic he got his US citizenship last year on Sept 11.
IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: Explosions at Boston marathon « Reply #220 on: April 19, 2013, 08:11 PM »

"There are 1.6 Billion-with-a-B Muslims in the world. Less than 100 have successfully carried out an attack that killed US civilians. Even at the most generous estimate, there are less than 25,000 active members of Al-Quaeda. That’s 0.00000015% of the Muslim population. There are rogue ideologies, savage ideas floating around the world, easily accessible, and yet how many people have actually gone on to apply those ideas to kill others?

Here’s another fact: 1.7 million ethnic Chechens, only 2 of them have attacked the US. And those 2 were born and raised in Kyrgyzstan, as were their entire family for one generation, having been deported from Chechnya in 1944, and never lived in Chechnya during the conflicts there. Their family moved to Dagestan for less than a year in 2001, after which they became residents of the US at the ages of 8 and 15. They lived here for 11 years, studied here, wrestled and boxed here, graduated from school here, and one of them, Tamerlan, married a Christian woman and had a child HERE, according to his Aunt, who was interviewed on NPR. Whatever part of their lives inspired them to take this action, and WE DON’T KNOW if it had anything to do with their reading of Islam, they got those ideas HERE, in the US, on US soil, as US residents.

Would you characterize Timothy McVeigh, Terry Nichols, and the militia movement they were associated with as being “at war” with the US? If anything, those men can be said to have been “at war” with EVERYONE, including the 19 children and hundreds of others that they murdered. These men and their ilk are murderers, not soldiers, and what they have done doesn’t deserve the dignity of cloaking it as some part of a larger ideological struggle. They killed because they could. Because they wanted to. And they are enemies of all humanity."

---------

Agree with it or not, I think it's a fair assessment.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Explosions at Boston marathon « Reply #221 on: April 19, 2013, 09:12 PM »

An autopsy photo of the 20yo brother has been leaked. How on earth does that even happen?

Still searching for the 19yo.
It seems it's possible to leak just about anything these days.

I can't say I blame the aunt.  Who wouldn't be in denial that members of their own family could do anything so horrendous?

Good to hear you're okay.
It's unbelievable.

I think the most chilling thing was when a couple of his buddies were interviewed and went through school with him. Hung out every day at lunch, spoke about him being a volunteer for kids with special needs, a wrestling coach..
You just never know about people.
Ironic he got his US citizenship last year on Sept 11.
Look at Thomas Hamilton who murdered those 16 kiddies in Dunblane.  He ran a local youth club that Andy attended and was even given lifts home in Judy's car, and from all accounts at the time he seemed a normal, decent sort of guy.  Then one morning he goes off and does this and to this day nobody knows why, and will never know either because like so many of these nutters he killed himself as well.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: Explosions at Boston marathon « Reply #222 on: April 19, 2013, 09:23 PM »

Anderson Cooper just spoke on the phone with his wrestling coach who (like everyone else) is completely shocked and can't believe he has done this. Said he has known and loved him for years.
He's also stunned because he himself, and his son, also ran the marathon. His son was very close to the blast and he was 2 blocks away.

He has pleaded with him to turn himself in.

I keep hearing the same thing over and over again about how normal and kind he was, and how no-one can believe it.

That to me is the scariest thing.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Explosions at Boston marathon « Reply #223 on: April 19, 2013, 09:50 PM »

It is to me too Linda.  It's incomprehensible that people who are so outwardly caring and normal can have such evil dark thoughts going on inside their heads, and yet it's happened time and time again.  Many of the IRA members who set off bombs in crowded public places were described by their neighbours as being quiet, friendly souls - but of course they were unobstrusive because they didn't want to do anything that would bring them unwanted attention whilst many of their so-called 'safe houses' were either bomb factories or places where weapons could be stored.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Explosions at Boston marathon « Reply #224 on: April 19, 2013, 09:54 PM »

Apparently the older brother had a 24 year old wife and a 3 year old daughter.Those poor,poor people.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »