Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  Eyjafjallajökull volcano causes travel chaos 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 Go Down Reply
Author

Eyjafjallajökull volcano causes travel chaos

(Read 6093 times)
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Eyjafjallajökull volcano causes travel chaos « Reply #405 on: April 21, 2010, 01:09 AM »

^ Yes... I see words, but my eyes hurt.  Please explain, Phil....
IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: Eyjafjallajökull volcano causes travel chaos « Reply #406 on: April 21, 2010, 03:16 AM »

Found the best MW drinking game.

blenderjunkie (10:15:11 PM): and seriously, i think pronouncing the volcano's name while hammered should be a legit game.

For everytime you mispronounce the volcano's name, you take a shot.
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Eyjafjallajökull volcano causes travel chaos « Reply #407 on: April 21, 2010, 03:19 AM »

Found the best MW drinking game.

blenderjunkie (10:15:11 PM): and seriously, i think pronouncing the volcano's name while hammered should be a legit game.

For everytime you mispronounce the volcano's name, you take a shot.

Who the hell is blenderjunkie? Think
IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: Eyjafjallajökull volcano causes travel chaos « Reply #408 on: April 21, 2010, 03:22 AM »

Who the hell is blenderjunkie? Think

Oh. That's Pasha's screenname.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Eyjafjallajökull volcano causes travel chaos « Reply #409 on: April 21, 2010, 03:27 AM »

I liked this comment I read on the Beeb's letters page:

"Politicians are like babies' nappies.  They ought to be changed regularly, and for the same reason"
IP Logged
Quackers
Murraymaniac

Re: Eyjafjallajökull volcano causes travel chaos « Reply #410 on: April 21, 2010, 09:08 AM »

Priority is probably with people travelling back to Britain. Think

I saw on the news a bunch of kids on a fencing trip to Hong Kong (alright for some!) who were do to come back after 10 days of being over there and they've been told it'll be 3 weeks at least until they can come back.  Thats tough for kids I think Think
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: Eyjafjallajökull volcano causes travel chaos « Reply #411 on: April 21, 2010, 12:47 PM »

http://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/Article.aspx/1699303
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Eyjafjallajökull volcano causes travel chaos « Reply #412 on: April 21, 2010, 01:04 PM »

A little worrying that it caught them by surprise, if that can happen to them, I wonder if it can happen to our commercial airlines.
IP Logged
Quackers
Murraymaniac

Re: Eyjafjallajökull volcano causes travel chaos « Reply #413 on: April 21, 2010, 01:13 PM »

Thats weird, I thought the ash was really far up, how high do helicopters fly?
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: Eyjafjallajökull volcano causes travel chaos « Reply #414 on: April 21, 2010, 01:28 PM »

A little worrying that it caught them by surprise, if that can happen to them, I wonder if it can happen to our commercial airlines.
I know, that's what I thought.  I'd not like to be flying anywhere at the moment.  no
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Eyjafjallajökull volcano causes travel chaos « Reply #415 on: April 21, 2010, 01:30 PM »

I know, that's what I thought.  I'd not like to be flying anywhere at the moment.  no
Well, I'm really looking forward to flying next month with BA for the first time and I'm not nervous about it. I also have a lot of trust in the skills of their pilots so if anything did happen with the engines, I think they'd still manage to recover like the other incident.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: Eyjafjallajökull volcano causes travel chaos « Reply #416 on: April 21, 2010, 01:33 PM »

Well, I'm really looking forward to flying next month with BA for the first time and I'm not nervous about it. I also have a lot of trust in the skills of their pilots so if anything did happen with the engines, I think they'd still manage to recover like the other incident.
I'm sure it'll all be fine by the time you are due to go.  BA are great to fly with. Smile
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Eyjafjallajökull volcano causes travel chaos « Reply #417 on: April 21, 2010, 04:19 PM »

Backlog for airlines expected to take 3-4 weeks according to one expert on the BBC.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: Eyjafjallajökull volcano causes travel chaos « Reply #418 on: April 21, 2010, 04:41 PM »

Planes flying overhead now.  My house is on the flightpath.  Good stuff! Smile
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Eyjafjallajökull volcano causes travel chaos « Reply #419 on: April 21, 2010, 04:46 PM »

Planes flying overhead now.  My house is on the flightpath.  Good stuff! Smile
Enjoy your sleep tonight Wink
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »