Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  Eyjafjallajökull volcano causes travel chaos 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 Go Down Reply
Author

Eyjafjallajökull volcano causes travel chaos

(Read 5540 times)
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Eyjafjallajökull volcano causes travel chaos « Reply #420 on: April 21, 2010, 04:47 PM »

Enjoy your sleep tonight Wink
He he.  It's not that disturbing.  You just get used to it. 
IP Logged
Quackers
Murraymaniac

Re: Eyjafjallajökull volcano causes travel chaos « Reply #421 on: April 21, 2010, 04:59 PM »

Planes flying overhead now.  My house is on the flightpath.  Good stuff! Smile

I bet its been weird for you the last few days then lol
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: Eyjafjallajökull volcano causes travel chaos « Reply #422 on: April 21, 2010, 05:03 PM »

I bet its been weird for you the last few days then lol
To be honest, I hadn't really noticed.  I'm pretty unobservant. Smile  Double glazing shuts it all out, and I don't tend to notice unless I'm out in the back garden.  It's a nicer day here, and was out making an effort on some weeds when I heard the noise overhead. 
IP Logged
Yamor
Top Seed

Re: Eyjafjallajökull volcano causes travel chaos « Reply #423 on: April 21, 2010, 10:18 PM »

http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1983547,00.html?xid=rss-topstories&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+time%2Ftopstories+%28TIME%3A+Top+Stories%29&utm_content=Google+Reader#ixzz0llaooMVE
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Eyjafjallajökull volcano causes travel chaos « Reply #424 on: April 22, 2010, 11:37 AM »

Ryanair broke EU legislation yesterday by capping compensation to the price of the ticket, today they have done a complete U-turn and will now offer full compensation.

Michael seems a bit of a twat and dealt with this completely wrong, however he makes a very good point that airlines shouldn't have to pay all this as the system was never designed for more than 1-2 days accommodation and food. Ferries and coaches do not have to offer this sort of compensation, so why should airlines.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Eyjafjallajökull volcano causes travel chaos « Reply #425 on: April 22, 2010, 11:40 AM »

Got 2 friends delayed by the 'Ashes Crisis' - 1 flies back Friday (only 5 days late) and the other flies back Monday (about 10 days late but a family of 5 to seat).  Luckily all were staying with friends or family, so no need to rely on hotels.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Eyjafjallajökull volcano causes travel chaos « Reply #426 on: April 22, 2010, 11:43 AM »

by the 'Ashes Crisis'
Sounds like you're talking about our cricket team.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Eyjafjallajökull volcano causes travel chaos « Reply #427 on: April 22, 2010, 11:43 AM »

I'm a bit disgusted by companies ripping off stranded passengers wanting to get home by charging way above normal prices for things - do they think that everyone is made of money?  What if the supermarkets did that with food?  'Oh, there's only 1 loaf of bread left, I'll charge £10 for that!'  Shame on you naughty
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Eyjafjallajökull volcano causes travel chaos « Reply #428 on: April 22, 2010, 11:44 AM »

Sounds like you're talking about our cricket team.

I know but that's how I keep hearing it referred to. Very Happy
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Boo hoo hoooooooo :'(

Re: Eyjafjallajökull volcano causes travel chaos « Reply #429 on: April 22, 2010, 11:59 AM »

I love the irony of Easyjet bleating about the 'unfair' legislation on all this that has put them out of pocket.

As they don't give a toss if a passenger falls foul of one of their many rules, why should anyone care if they fall foul of legislation that they've already agreed to comply with? :rotfl:
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Eyjafjallajökull volcano causes travel chaos « Reply #430 on: April 22, 2010, 12:01 PM »

I fully agree with what the airlines are saying and they need to do something about it via the courts. However, until that happens, they should keep supporting those who are stranded.
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Eyjafjallajökull volcano causes travel chaos « Reply #431 on: April 22, 2010, 01:28 PM »

Oh meant to say clap BMI I've already got my full refund yay now can book trains Whistle
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: Eyjafjallajökull volcano causes travel chaos « Reply #432 on: April 22, 2010, 01:37 PM »

Oh meant to say clap BMI I've already got my full refund yay now can book trains Whistle
'Tis must pantage.  Everyone, will you pray that my mother gets to fly on Saturday, or my life won't be worth living.....  pray
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Eyjafjallajökull volcano causes travel chaos « Reply #433 on: April 22, 2010, 01:40 PM »

Ryanair CEO Michael O'Leary might not be the nicest guy around but I love how he says what he thinks.

"We recognise our mistake. We hold up our hands. We have not caved in to pressure from some idiot politician."
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Eyjafjallajökull volcano causes travel chaos « Reply #434 on: April 22, 2010, 01:52 PM »

'Tis must pantage.  Everyone, will you pray that my mother gets to fly on Saturday, or my life won't be worth living.....  pray

Top of my list...annoyed mothers are no ones idea of fun Smile
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »