Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  Free will 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 ... 44 Go Down Reply
Author

Free will

(Read 9328 times)
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Free will « Reply #510 on: March 10, 2013, 01:49 AM »

The capacity of my imagination shouldn't really take away from why a full understanding is a requirement for me to consider this theory fact. Before I consider anything fact, I want each notable factor involved to be fully understood.

But we didn't choose anything related to our consciousness. I don't see how it's relevant. Even if it isn't a product of the brain, it doesn't change anything about the debate.

Where would choice come into any revelation about consciousness? What you're saying doesn't really make sense.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Give me your JMac, Henman, Cash & 2 balls.

Re: Free will « Reply #511 on: March 10, 2013, 01:50 AM »

Stop talking Deeprah and address my post.

IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Free will « Reply #512 on: March 10, 2013, 01:53 AM »

I fail to see any points in your post that need to be addressed? Or did you simply want us to react to your story?
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Free will « Reply #513 on: March 10, 2013, 01:53 AM »

The last one? Were you asking if you could have done something to prevent your son's cognitive disorder?
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: Free will « Reply #514 on: March 10, 2013, 01:58 AM »

I fail to see any points in your post that need to be addressed? Or did you simply want us to react to your story?
No, no reaction required. But thanks for your response.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: Free will « Reply #515 on: March 10, 2013, 02:00 AM »

The last one? Were you asking if you could have done something to prevent your son's cognitive disorder?
No.. more about me than him. How come if my environment was so blazingly different from my comfort level I've turned out the way I am?
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Free will « Reply #516 on: March 10, 2013, 02:00 AM »

No, no reaction required. But thanks for your response.
Sorry. But I wasn't really too sure what things you were quoting other people saying and what things you were actually saying yourself. 
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: Free will « Reply #517 on: March 10, 2013, 02:03 AM »

Sorry. But I wasn't really too sure what things you were quoting other people saying and what things you were actually saying yourself. 
That was a raw post from me. I'm not clever, just interested. hug
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Free will « Reply #518 on: March 10, 2013, 02:05 AM »

No.. more about me than him. How come if my environment was so blazingly different from my comfort level I've turned out the way I am?
If you're wondering how you managed to become open-minded and not indoctrinated into religion like so many others put in your position are then I guess that just simply a testament to your natural intelligence and logical reasoning skills in combination to the education you received at school.
[ Last edit by laundry March 10, 2013, 02:09 AM ] IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Free will « Reply #519 on: March 10, 2013, 02:08 AM »

I wish I knew why some people don't obviously reflect their upbringing. I don't even know why exactly I never responded positively to my religious upbringing.

I suppose you could argue that certain people are, for lack of a better term, more genetic than environmental. In other words, their nature reflects their biology more than it reflects their environment.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: Free will « Reply #520 on: March 10, 2013, 02:08 AM »

Where did my natural intelligence and logical reasoning skills come from? - because my schooling was ghetto.

My religious schooling was far beyond my 'educational schooling.'

IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: Free will « Reply #521 on: March 10, 2013, 02:11 AM »

I don't even know why exactly I never responded positively to my religious upbringing.
What was your religious upbringing, and why do you believe you never responded to it, Clydey?
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Free will « Reply #522 on: March 10, 2013, 02:11 AM »

Where did my natural intelligence and logical reasoning skills come from? - because my schooling was ghetto.

Your born with it, well to put it better your born with a mind that has the capacity to acquire it.

Many, many, many different influences shape your thought processes when you are growing up and learning and every mind will have a natural disposition to react to these influences in different ways.
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Free will « Reply #523 on: March 10, 2013, 02:12 AM »

Your natural intelligence would be just that: mostly natural. Like most aspects of you, though, it's probably a combination of both genetic and environmental factors, with a heavier emphasis on the genetic.
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Free will « Reply #524 on: March 10, 2013, 02:17 AM »

What was your religious upbringing, and why do you believe you never responded to it, Clydey?

Catholic.

My mother isn't insanely religious, but she was pretty devout. I really don't know why I didn't take to it. In all honesty, I don't think I ever really believed in any of it, even when I was an altar boy.

A lot of things about the brain aren't fully understood, particularly intelligence. Heck, intelligence hasn't even really been defined.

I should probably have responded to your post tomorrow, since it's past 2am and my brain is knackered.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 ... 44 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »