Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  Gaming Talk 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 131 [132] Go Down Reply
Author

Gaming Talk

(Read 51415 times)
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Gaming Talk « Reply #1965 on: September 20, 2013, 11:17 PM »

None, I wiped it clean out. I had to reset my PS3 to install the game so I have no idea what it deleted to find the extra space.
Bloody hell  Think...anyone else having probs out there?
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

MW 2006 Fantasy WC & Prediction League Champion

Re: Gaming Talk « Reply #1966 on: December 15, 2013, 11:31 PM »

Just won a PS4! Daily Sony competition to enter with any purchase s I bought some batteries 2 weeks ago and just got an email to say I won that day's draw. Also, My ISP gave me a free 12 month sub to PS+ last week so won't even have to pay for online play! cmon yeah
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

Re: Gaming Talk « Reply #1967 on: January 15, 2014, 12:28 AM »

Apparently the PS4 should arrive on Friday or early next week! I'm away until the 28th though.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Gaming Talk « Reply #1968 on: January 15, 2014, 05:51 PM »

Luke, you'll appreciate how tough this loss was. Two hours and six minutes in my first major final, at the French Open.

Nadal retired early in the tournament, so felt I was in with a chance. Got Ferrer in the final.

I made so many errors trying to finish the point early because my guy doesn't have enough stamina to outlast Ferrer. Thought I might be able to hang on after taking the 3rd set tiebreak, but my stamina was a huge issue for the last two sets.

Only just seen this. Ouch.

I'm still slowly making my way through my save on TE11. Downloaded 13 but can't really be bothered to edit all the players as they should be and the updated roster excludes almost all players outside the top 150. In 2015 I think (skipped through to 2013 - so in season 3) and best result was Aussie Open QFs after the draw opened up, only to lose to Murray in 4 (who then lost to Stebe...). Currently in Wimbledon 4th round (same year) and a set up against Gulbis. I play roughly a match a month on average probably.
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Gaming Talk « Reply #1969 on: January 16, 2014, 11:09 AM »

Only just seen this. Ouch.

I'm still slowly making my way through my save on TE11. Downloaded 13 but can't really be bothered to edit all the players as they should be and the updated roster excludes almost all players outside the top 150. In 2015 I think (skipped through to 2013 - so in season 3) and best result was Aussie Open QFs after the draw opened up, only to lose to Murray in 4 (who then lost to Stebe...). Currently in Wimbledon 4th round (same year) and a set up against Gulbis. I play roughly a match a month on average probably.

I don't like playing Wimbledon. The camera angle is off-putting to me. Very low angle and grass courts have such a low bounce. Not enjoyable.

One match per month? You'll finish your career by the time you hit the retirement age at that rate.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Gaming Talk « Reply #1970 on: January 22, 2014, 09:28 PM »

Yeah I can't stand the bounce. Some players whack the ball right to the baseline, but if you start to play deep they'll just play really short balls that you struggle to get to.

Queens is impossible to play as well, just can't see the ball at all. Really need to strain. Going to play Halle in future I think, see if that's any better.

Sorry - I meant one match on the game per month real time. What with work and other social commitments and hobbies I rarely get around to playing it.

Really hard to improve my player here really as he just deteriorates so much between tournaments. FH and serve stats in the 70s, BH in the 60s, Speed and Stamina in the 80s, rest of stats about 40s I think.
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

Re: Gaming Talk « Reply #1971 on: January 28, 2014, 11:33 PM »

Back to work this morning and my free PS4 was waiting for me on my desk. Smile
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Gaming Talk « Reply #1972 on: March 25, 2014, 11:01 PM »

So Oculus VR just got bought by Facebook for $2billion. And to think I desperately wanted to buy shares in them a year ago but simply couldn't with them being a private company.

Well, this now truly means we will all be experiencing virtual reality as part of ordinary life in the very near future. Smile

http://www.theverge.com/2014/3/25/5547456/facebook-buying-oculus-for-2-billion
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

Re: Gaming Talk « Reply #1973 on: March 25, 2014, 11:50 PM »

Just seen that. Be interesting to see what they do with it now. I can't imagine Farmville making full use of its capability!

Am excited about the PS4 VR project too.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Gaming Talk « Reply #1974 on: March 26, 2014, 09:49 AM »

The hope is things will continue as planned with many more resources behind it. Then once the gaming aspect is complete, Facebook will try and guide development into other areas such as social interaction.

That's the hope, of course. Most of the community have reacted as if this acquisition has killed the project.
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

Re: Gaming Talk « Reply #1975 on: June 03, 2014, 01:06 AM »

Had my first go with an Oculus Rift yesterday. Only a quick 2 minute demo of a roller coaster ride but it was pretty amazing. Really does feel like you're actually there with 360 degree views. I turned my body completely around and was actually looking behind me. Then as the roller coaster got to the top of one of those almost vertical drops I got that feeling you get when you're on one for real and just about to drop. Didn't feel dizzy or anything while I had it on, but then taking it off I did feel a bit funny adjusting back to the real world again. Some people may not find it very pleasant.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Gaming Talk « Reply #1976 on: June 08, 2014, 02:42 AM »

Just downloaded Tennis Elbow 2013 full version onto my Mac and I'm addicted. Downloaded a megapatch called Sam's Megapatch 2013, which gives you most ATP and WTA pros as well as every tournament on both calendars and you can go through career mode with a pro. I've gone with Murray, and have already started off strong winning Brisbane, beating Serra in the final 6-4. Now into the second round of the Aussie Open, having beaten Ramirez Hidalgo in the first round 6-1 6-2. Next play Volandri.

EDIT: Beaten Volandri 3&4 in 45 minutes, tough match, lots of errors (22 from me to be precise). Only 6 winners as well. Next play Nalbandian in the third round.
[ Last edit by Connor June 08, 2014, 03:27 AM ] IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 131 [132] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »