Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  Gaming Talk 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 118 [119] 120 121 122 ... 132 Go Down Reply
Author

Gaming Talk

(Read 50494 times)
invisibleman18
World No 1

MW 2006 Fantasy WC & Prediction League Champion

Re: Gaming Talk « Reply #1770 on: September 21, 2012, 12:40 PM »

I don't get it - just had a go at the demo and I don't get to make the shots. I can move the player about but the computer actually plays the shots automatically. Where is the setting to change for complete control?
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Gaming Talk « Reply #1771 on: September 21, 2012, 01:02 PM »

I don't get it - just had a go at the demo and I don't get to make the shots. I can move the player about but the computer actually plays the shots automatically. Where is the setting to change for complete control?

The computer does hit shots, but weak ones and only if you don't hit the button. You need to hold the button down through the shot.
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Gaming Talk « Reply #1772 on: September 21, 2012, 01:04 PM »

Guessing you just use the XBox wired controller for this one James?
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Gaming Talk « Reply #1773 on: September 21, 2012, 01:17 PM »

Guessing you just use the XBox wired controller for this one James?

Yep. I use Xpadder along with it, though.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Gaming Talk « Reply #1774 on: September 21, 2012, 04:32 PM »

So I know you have to hold down the buttons and use the arrow pad to direct where they go. But why does the green circle swerve all over the place? How do I stop my shots from constantly going wide? Is it all down to timing?
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Gaming Talk « Reply #1775 on: September 21, 2012, 08:44 PM »

So I know you have to hold down the buttons and use the arrow pad to direct where they go. But why does the green circle swerve all over the place? How do I stop my shots from constantly going wide? Is it all down to timing?

Timing and positioning.
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

MW 2006 Fantasy WC & Prediction League Champion

Re: Gaming Talk « Reply #1776 on: September 22, 2012, 12:21 PM »

The computer does hit shots, but weak ones and only if you don't hit the button. You need to hold the button down through the shot.

Thanks. I get it now. Holding the button takes a bit of getting used when you usually need to release to hit the ball.
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Gaming Talk « Reply #1777 on: September 24, 2012, 09:38 AM »

Downloaded Tennis Elbow 2011, paid for the full version and had to download the patches overnight. (26 kb/s was the most I could get from the hosting website!)

I've still to copy the patch over and whatnot, will do so when I get home (chances are I might be needing your help on that one James, may be underestimating myself)

First impressions - great tennis sim, excellent mechanics, only gripe is the player movement, feels a bit robotic and slow, but the depth is incredible on the World Tour mode. Doubt I'll ever play Top Spin 4 again.
[ Last edit by Sir Panda September 24, 2012, 09:59 AM ] IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Gaming Talk « Reply #1778 on: September 24, 2012, 04:43 PM »

Downloaded Tennis Elbow 2011, paid for the full version and had to download the patches overnight. (26 kb/s was the most I could get from the hosting website!)

I've still to copy the patch over and whatnot, will do so when I get home (chances are I might be needing your help on that one James, may be underestimating myself)

First impressions - great tennis sim, excellent mechanics, only gripe is the player movement, feels a bit robotic and slow, but the depth is incredible on the World Tour mode. Doubt I'll ever play Top Spin 4 again.

Yeah the movement is definitely the worst part.

Still seems to be something missing from that patch, though. A lot of the players don't have the correct audio. Bunch of the top male players have female grunts instead of the accurate grunts they make. Might be missing something.
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Gaming Talk « Reply #1779 on: September 25, 2012, 10:44 AM »

Patched it last night, your step-by-step guide was spot on James.

I went hardcore and started off ranked 1000, properly hooked on this game at the moment! Played my first Futures and insisted on full length matches so only played one tournament.
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Gaming Talk « Reply #1780 on: September 25, 2012, 05:20 PM »

Patched it last night, your step-by-step guide was spot on James.

I went hardcore and started off ranked 1000, properly hooked on this game at the moment! Played my first Futures and insisted on full length matches so only played one tournament.

Full length? lmao

You're playing it like a proper sim. What difficulty do you have it on? You can use the sub level to adjust it if it's too easy or too hard.

I'm currently ranked 15th. Reached the semis of the French, then got straight setted by Nadal; then won Halle; now in the 2nd round of Wimbledon after dismissing Jamie Baker in the opening round.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Gaming Talk « Reply #1781 on: September 25, 2012, 05:33 PM »

Anyone beat the current USO champ yet?
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Gaming Talk « Reply #1782 on: September 25, 2012, 05:38 PM »

Probably......but only in their dreams!  Whistle
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Gaming Talk « Reply #1783 on: September 25, 2012, 06:29 PM »

Was seeded to face him at the French, but Korolev (who has obscene stats) somehow managed to beat him in the round before we were scheduled to meet. I was gutted.
IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: Gaming Talk « Reply #1784 on: September 25, 2012, 07:06 PM »

Was seeded to face him at the French, but Korolev (who has obscene stats) somehow managed to beat him in the round before we were scheduled to meet. I was gutted.

goodman
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 118 [119] 120 121 122 ... 132 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »