Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  Gaming Talk 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 127 [128] 129 130 131 132 Go Down Reply
Author

Gaming Talk

(Read 51735 times)
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Gaming Talk « Reply #1905 on: February 20, 2013, 11:56 PM »

A lot of the social stuff - uploading videos straight away, streaming and interactive with friends gameplay etc just won't be possible in NZ. Same with predictive background downloading. Going to kill our bandwidth/data caps.

Yeah just seen it. More social then gaming by the sounds of it.
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

MW 2006 Fantasy WC & Prediction League Champion

Re: Gaming Talk « Reply #1906 on: February 20, 2013, 11:57 PM »

Also ****** if I'm lettting someone take over my game!
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Gaming Talk « Reply #1907 on: February 20, 2013, 11:58 PM »

Also f*cked if I'm lettting someone take over my game!

I thought it was stupid of Sony to allow that.
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

Re: Gaming Talk « Reply #1908 on: February 21, 2013, 12:14 AM »

Wonder how this predictive download thing will work. They keep note of what you play and buy so just download games automatically assuming you want them. Presumably you then get the option to either pay for them or delete them - perhaps get a chance to have a demo play first? Surely they can't just download them and charge you without your consent?

Also I hope there's an option in the settings to turn it off or at least make it ask you if you want something downloaded. Otherwise people in countries with restrictive data caps like NZ will be very unhappy when suddenly their monthly data allowance is gone in the first week of the month!
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Gaming Talk « Reply #1909 on: February 21, 2013, 07:38 AM »

What an anticlimax.

Xbox launch will be much better I think.
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

Re: Gaming Talk « Reply #1910 on: February 21, 2013, 08:24 PM »

They didn't even show the console itself. Although it's to be expected that most of the announcement will be made at E3. They must have just wanted to make a jump on Microsoft and announce first.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Gaming Talk « Reply #1911 on: February 21, 2013, 11:35 PM »

Andy's got a new toy. (posted on am.com today)

Has just arrived, nice touch...

IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Gaming Talk « Reply #1912 on: February 22, 2013, 03:31 PM »

This is hilarious

IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Gaming Talk « Reply #1913 on: March 06, 2013, 05:39 PM »

Back on Tennis Elbow (the 2011 version).

Skipped through to 2013 and started on Pro 5 with really, really low stats. Took ages to get anywhere (partly because I was constantly drawing too many top unranked players - Beck, Carreno, Riba, Devvarman (coming back from injury) as well as top youngsters) but after finally qualifying for a few Futures and winning matches here and there, I finally won one in India. Got a WC into Nottingham CH and made the final, then followed that up with Queens and Wimby WCs (lost in first round to Leo Mayer and Jeremy Chardy).

Decided to play Atlanta and managed to fight through qualifying before drawing Mardy Fish. Recorded the best result of my career with a 4-6, 6-4, 6-3 win (first three setter as well, bar the Wimbledon match). Currently playing my 2nd round match and just had the most bizarre set I've ever played/witnessed. The guy I'm facing is ranked lower than me (328 - I'm 300), but has pretty good stats and great speed/stamina. He's a counter. I'm a puncher.

Went 5-0 down (triple break). Just couldn't find a way to hit through him. He served for the set at 5-0 and I finally managed to win a game, breaking back to 15. Next game I had to save three set points, but fought through and held serve for the first time. Then fought all the way back to 5-5, breaking him back three times serving for the set, saving four set points. Crazy stuff. All momentum with me now right? Apparently not, suddenly he breaks back again. So he gets a fourth chance to serve it out. He gets to 40-30. Double faults. Double faults again. Aces. Another set point. I saved again and then break back. That's six set points saved.

I took the tie-break 7-3 (with him double faulting again on set point). From 0-5, three breaks and six set points down.

Edit: Won 7-6 (3), 6-4. Raced 4-1 up w/ double break in 2nd set, before he suddenly went all superman and started hitting winners from all over the court that belied his abilities. He levelled it at 4-4 before I was able to break again, and finally managed to serve it out. Into first ATP QF. Baghdatis. Going to get my arse handed to me.
[ Last edit by TheMadHatter March 06, 2013, 05:57 PM ] IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Gaming Talk « Reply #1914 on: March 19, 2013, 11:16 PM »

I've pre-ordered the Oculus Rift development kit. I feel so guilty because it's not even the consumer version but I simply cannot wait another year for this.

I'm having to read a constant flow of hugely exciting news on this device and I can only tolerate it so much.

IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

Re: Gaming Talk « Reply #1915 on: March 20, 2013, 09:00 PM »

Awesome. How much is that costing you? Very interested to hear your thoughts once you have tried it out.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Gaming Talk « Reply #1916 on: March 20, 2013, 09:17 PM »

It's $300 add on some import tax at probably around $25.

Even though it's just a developement kit, Team Fortress 2 now has official support for it with many games to follow. Valve and ID are fully behind it. Apparently the Frostbite engine (Battlefield games) is likely to add support as well.

I'm particularly interested in trying some racing and flight simulators. It would surely feel amazing to look around the cockpit with your head Smile
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Gaming Talk « Reply #1917 on: April 16, 2013, 01:42 PM »

LolQuerrey.

3 of the MPs were on his own 140mph serve. The little graphical generated figure genuinely choked them all away when I had all but given up.

First time I've ever won/lost a set from MP down/up. Nearly did it against Berlocq a few tournaments previous (he moonballs like crazy, completely ruined my usual game, had to moonball back and every flat power shot was a gamble). Third set, 4-5 down, serving to stay in it, I saved 4 MPs and had 3 game points before finally getting broken.

OMFG.

2-6, 4-5, 0-40 down. Saved 4MPs in the tie-break. Came back to win. Had 6MPs on his serve, he had several game points. Crazy game. 7MPs saved. Wow.

[ Last edit by TheMadHatter April 16, 2013, 02:25 PM ] IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Gaming Talk « Reply #1918 on: June 05, 2013, 08:45 PM »

IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Gaming Talk « Reply #1919 on: June 07, 2013, 05:15 PM »

^^It does look amazing, although will inevitably suffer from the hype. I'm getting a PS3 mainly for this game, although getting Heavy Rain, Uncharted and Ni No Kuni as well to make it worth my while.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 127 [128] 129 130 131 132 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »