Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  Gaming Talk 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 129 [130] 131 132 Go Down Reply
Author

Gaming Talk

(Read 54448 times)
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Gaming Talk « Reply #1935 on: June 20, 2013, 12:25 AM »

PS4 is still a better console, doesn't dictate what you do with the game, doesn't force the freaking Kinect on you and still £75 cheaper.

Hell, Microsoft could take back all the **** with the used games, remove the Kinect and lower their price, and the PS4 would still be the better console.

The only thing the Xbox has on the PS is the controller, although the PS4's looks bigger than the current gen one.

Microsoft's desperate attempts to slander the PS and backtrack on their cock-ups are funny to watch though. Utter shambles.

..and this is coming from someone who has played an Xbox 360 for the last four years. I just don't understand fanboys/brand loyalty (in this situation) whatsoever. I couldn't care less about Microsoft or Sony. I doubt either of them remotely gives a **** about the consumer. Microsoft have just been a whole lot more blatant with it. I just want a console I can play games on without various restrictions and limitations. And right now, the PS4 is still well ahead in that regards.

Edit: Just seen that Microsoft have also backtracked on the used games shite. Still less powerful and more expensive than the PS4.
[ Last edit by TheMadHatter June 20, 2013, 12:52 AM ] IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Gaming Talk « Reply #1936 on: June 24, 2013, 07:49 PM »

After several months of waiting....

You're receiving this email because your Oculus order will be advancing to "Processing" status in the next 24 to 48 hours.

IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: Gaming Talk « Reply #1937 on: June 29, 2013, 11:58 PM »

I'm not a gamer by any means but this is ****** up.

https://twitter.com/XboxSupport1/status/345774848653524992

That basically means you don't own any of the games you buy or something?
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Gaming Talk « Reply #1938 on: June 30, 2013, 12:22 AM »

You buy the license to the game, effectively. Which they can retract at any time. They were originally trying to impose further restrictions on what you could and couldn't do with the game, but have since gone back on that after public outcry.
IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: Gaming Talk « Reply #1939 on: June 30, 2013, 12:26 AM »

You buy the license to the game, effectively. Which they can retract at any time. They were originally trying to impose further restrictions on what you could and couldn't do with the game, but have since gone back on that after public outcry.

Still seems shitty, tbh.

I only play Mario Kart so this doesn't affect me at all. Shrug
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Gaming Talk « Reply #1940 on: July 01, 2013, 06:30 PM »

I finally got the Oculus Rift.

Once properly configured for your eyes, it is quite a special experience to take your gun out in 3D and play Half Life 2. It felt like I was in an action movie.

Downside is I'm recovering from travel sickness now but apparently that becomes less of an issue as you use it more.
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Gaming Talk « Reply #1941 on: July 01, 2013, 06:38 PM »

I finally got the Oculus Rift.

Once properly configured for your eyes, it is quite a special experience to take your gun out in 3D and play Half Life 2. It felt like I was in an action movie.

Downside is I'm recovering from travel sickness now but apparently that becomes less of an issue as you use it more.
You shouldn't be driving and gaming at the same time Mark naughty
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Gaming Talk « Reply #1942 on: July 01, 2013, 06:42 PM »

Talking about driving.. apparently playing Drift 2 with the Oculus is really good. So will try and get that working soon.
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Re: Gaming Talk « Reply #1943 on: July 01, 2013, 06:43 PM »

How much did oculus cost.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Gaming Talk « Reply #1944 on: July 01, 2013, 06:47 PM »

It's $300 and shipping was $57.

It's the development kit though, consumer version is probably a year away. And if you did order the dev kit, you'd be waiting months.
[ Last edit by Mark July 01, 2013, 07:10 PM ] IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Re: Gaming Talk « Reply #1945 on: July 01, 2013, 06:50 PM »

Not if you send it to me for a shot. Whistle.....
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Gaming Talk « Reply #1946 on: July 02, 2013, 11:26 PM »

The Last Of Us' graphics are incredible. It's almost lifelike. Easily best I've seen.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Gaming Talk « Reply #1947 on: July 03, 2013, 12:12 AM »

The Last Of Us' graphics are incredible. It's almost lifelike. Easily best I've seen.
For a console I take it? I doubt it comes close to a PC running Crysis 3 on highest settings Very Happy
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Gaming Talk « Reply #1948 on: July 03, 2013, 01:12 AM »

Just finished Last Of Us. One of the best games I've played.

Veronica had to endure me playing while she tried to sleep.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Gaming Talk « Reply #1949 on: July 03, 2013, 04:49 PM »

The morning after I got the Oculus Rift... I was still suffering travel sick. But I'm building a tolerance now and eventually it won't be an issue at all.

The showcase Titans of Space where you get a quick tour of the universe is actually a spiritual event. It is pure escapism as you feel what it would be like if there was a God and he showed you around his crib before deciding if you are worthy of heaven.

Resolution is still an issue though and with the HD version prototype already in existence, I am considering selling on eBay for a £100+ profit but don't think I can bring myself to it. I've just waited too long.
[ Last edit by Mark July 03, 2013, 04:53 PM ] IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 129 [130] 131 132 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »