Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  Gardening 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Reply
Author

Gardening

(Read 2274 times)
Mark
Murraymaniac

Gardening « on: February 24, 2013, 10:04 PM »

I was actually a little surprised to not find a thread on this considering the diversity on this website. So here it is...

I'm just getting into this on a fairly mild level and hope to learn from some of you.

Any enthusiastic gardeners out there?
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Gardening « Reply #1 on: February 24, 2013, 10:05 PM »

I like to screw over plants (not sexually) by stamping on them. Perfect for nagging weeds.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Gardening « Reply #2 on: February 24, 2013, 10:06 PM »

I was actually a little surprised to not find a thread on this considering the diversity on this website. So here it is...

I'm just getting into this on a fairly mild level and hope to learn from some of you.

To be honest - no.  That's my concise and totally useless response. 
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Give me your JMac, Henman, Cash & 2 balls.

Re: Gardening « Reply #3 on: February 24, 2013, 10:22 PM »

I do a bit, Mark.
Can't talk now, but post what you want advice on and I'll reply later.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Gardening « Reply #4 on: February 24, 2013, 10:25 PM »

Nothing specific right now... just think there should be a thread for discussion.

What does everything think is the most beautiful outdoor all season plant?
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: Gardening « Reply #5 on: February 24, 2013, 11:26 PM »

Oh yes.    I now only have a tiny garden but I love it.    I go into the garden and the world goes away.

[ Last edit by Iluvandy February 24, 2013, 11:33 PM ] IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: Gardening « Reply #6 on: February 24, 2013, 11:36 PM »

I have a very small but lovly garden.Not easy creating an English  cottage garden in florida but I do ok.At the  moment i stll have pansies blooming .I don't much like the tropical plants which grow easier but it's the little flowers that i love.I do have a really magnifient Bougonvillea,one in a Salmon color and one in Fushia.Daisy and I talk flowers all the time.Cold weather plants like daffodils and tulips do not survive this heat and humidity.
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: Gardening « Reply #7 on: February 24, 2013, 11:38 PM »

quote author=Mark link=topic=25052.msg843968#msg843968 date=1361744741]
Nothing specific right now... just think there should be a thread for discussion.

What does everything think is the most beautiful outdoor all season plant?
[/quote]

That is very difficult.    It will have to be evergreen so maybe a  rhododendron or  a camellia- depends on your soil though.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Gardening « Reply #8 on: February 25, 2013, 06:12 AM »

My mom LOVES gardening.....she just cant resist filling our house with indoor plants and taking the best care of our small garden outside....they look good but not very interested in gardening, personally.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Gardening « Reply #9 on: February 25, 2013, 07:19 AM »

Love gardening thumb up or rather growing flowers and veggies, am eating home grown brocclli at the mo., yum Smile
Best all rounder would have to be a small tree which has lovely flowers, gorgeous foliage then lovely fruits that birdies love, a crab apple perhaps? In a small garden plants that give good value are a must eg repeat flowering rose.
@amabritt
cottage gardens are my favourite too, you are going to be envious but have daffs, violets and primroses out at the mo and crocuses trying. Smile But love Bourganvilia - such showy, gorgeous flowers. Have seen them growing outside on the I. of Wight, the climate is so mild.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Gardening « Reply #10 on: February 25, 2013, 09:18 AM »

I'm doing something that is apparently frowned upon in the gardening circles which is growing trees in containers such as the Norway Spruce and Fraser Fir which are meant to grow huge.

I wanted a small privacy wall 2-3 meters high that could handle strong winds, and saw those trees reduced from £30 to £2.50 each so bought a few for that purpose.
[ Last edit by Mark February 25, 2013, 09:22 AM ] IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Gardening « Reply #11 on: February 25, 2013, 09:44 AM »

I always wanted Alan Titchmarsh to do a makeover on my garden. Don't have the time here to potter in the garden as much as I did in the uk. Have a few veg growing in our garden at mo - no greenhouse - cucumber, tomatoes, pumpkins, melons, capsicums. Love fushias and have 2 growing in the garden. Also have something called snow in summer growing here too to remind me of my rockeries in the uk - took a bit to source those.

Be careful with your trees Mark, they can get huge but you need to lob the top off when desired height reached.

Spring is one of my favourite times of the year - promises new beginnings flowers
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: Gardening « Reply #12 on: February 25, 2013, 11:16 AM »

I too love gardening and can't wait till it warms up and I can get out there. When the weather is good I will be out pottering from 10.am till 6pm, with breaks in between of course.   Very Happy
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Gardening « Reply #13 on: February 25, 2013, 11:18 AM »

Gardening? Come on, Andy, get back on court.

Foxgloves for me. Beautiful but deadly.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Gardening « Reply #14 on: February 25, 2013, 11:34 AM »

When the weather is good I will be out pottering from 10.am till 6pm, with breaks in between of course.   Very Happy
What exactly do you do that takes that much time?

Just takes me a second to water some stuff and I'm done lol
IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »