Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  Google 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Reply
Author

Google

(Read 3334 times)
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Google « Reply #15 on: December 18, 2007, 02:10 PM »

Google doesn't seem to fail at anything so give it 2-3 years and most TV ads will be organised online via Google. It's a good move for us viewers - it means more relevant ads.

http://www.google.com/adwords/tvads/index.html
[ Last edit by Mark February 04, 2009, 01:58 PM ] IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Google « Reply #16 on: September 03, 2008, 10:21 AM »

Google have just released their Internet browser which is great news as they excel in every project they do but it's a sad day for Firefox as they will be the big loser in this. One thing that stands out to me is the program's loading time - it's astonishingly fast! Anyway, download it here.

Google's Chrome in a word: revolutionary

In short: it's a revolutionary browser. It has the potential to blow Firefox out of the water, if it gains traction with developers and gets the same third party add-ons and extensions ecosystem as Firefox, over time.

Despite being a beta, our initial impression is very positive. It's nice to see a beta browser that doesn't totally suck. Eight beers due to all the innovation and overall pleasing experience.

If you get stuck by a given incompatibility with your favourite site and its Javascript engine, your own score will surely be lower.

[ Last edit by Mark September 03, 2008, 10:29 AM ] IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Google « Reply #17 on: September 03, 2008, 11:21 AM »

I'll wait until the add-ons are released, sounds promising though.

A quick question, I'm aware that browsers can be faster than others (after years of using Firefox, I see the difference when I use IE almost immediately), but how is this possible, as it utilises the same connection as the other?  Think
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Re: Google « Reply #18 on: September 03, 2008, 11:42 AM »

Meh, Firefox's Mario theme is irreplaceable so I'm sticking thanks :P

A quick question, I'm aware that browsers can be faster than others (after years of using Firefox, I see the difference when I use IE almost immediately), but how is this possible, as it utilises the same connection as the other?  Think

Found this:

- firefox avoids database trips for content it already has. Example, on a shopping site, with several pages for the same products, when you click page 2, only the additional products are fetched anew. All the balance data (including database data) on the page will remain constant.

- On clicking page 2, ie will keep non-database objects constant, but will fetch all database date anew

I thought it had something to do with the amount of security measures that are attached on to IE. AS ICT sucks yay
[ Last edit by top_spin September 03, 2008, 11:51 AM ] IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Google « Reply #19 on: September 03, 2008, 12:07 PM »

It doesn't make sense to switch from Firefox to Chrome now because there are no extensions for it but developers will be working like crazy to make their Firefox extensions work with this so it shouldn't be too long.
IP Logged
TCK
Challenger Level

A Miserable Little Pile Of BULL ****!

Re: Google « Reply #20 on: September 04, 2008, 01:34 AM »

No matter how responsive it is, how quickly it loads pages or how quickly it starts up, a lot of these things are measured in milliseconds.  As such, a few tests haven't proven it to be noticeably faster to me. The concept of separate processes for separate tabs/renderings sounds, well, sound, but it remains to be seen whether it's the sort of thing that shows noticeable benefit to the user. I'd be interested to see how it performs on less powerful hardware such as the EeePC compared to Firefox.

And the UI. Major minus points for me. I prefer browsers to look as if it's part of the operating system, not completely separate from it.

I can't see it being for me without significant changes. That's not a knock on Chrome, I'm just not their target demographic. I'd be interested to see how it fares with IE users.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Google « Reply #21 on: September 04, 2008, 08:51 AM »

I've used it and webpages load as fast as Firefox if not faster but the thing that really stands out is how fast that actual application loads up and operates, it's very impressive.

I really like the GUI as well, I'm a fan now and can't wait for the extensions. But then again, I am a Google fan and last night I went out to the shops proudly wearing my black Google t-shirt. lol
[ Last edit by Mark September 04, 2008, 09:14 AM ] IP Logged
Coldmarek
Top Seed

Andy Murray is better than you.

Re: Google « Reply #22 on: February 02, 2009, 04:39 PM »

Opera is fair enough for me,not thinking about changing
IP Logged
TCK
Challenger Level

A Miserable Little Pile Of BULL ****!

Re: Google « Reply #23 on: February 02, 2009, 09:23 PM »

Thread necromancy!

EDIT: To contribute, my opinion hasn't changed.
IP Logged
bestofbarry
Seed

Re: Google « Reply #24 on: February 02, 2009, 09:51 PM »

Its not available to Macs so no opinion from me.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Google « Reply #25 on: February 04, 2009, 02:00 PM »

Google releases spy application

FOR MOST OF US our exact location is something we’d like to keep under wraps, yet for those who want to share it with the world, Google has come up with an added extra for Google Maps.

Google Latitude is the latest initiative from the internet search giant and is a new feature of the Google Maps application for use on your mobile device to track the whereabouts of friends, family and even enemies - he's behind you.

By using GPS tracking, your mobile device can send out a signal to let others know exactly where you are at any given time. There are, of course, some security options.

If, let’s say, you don’t wish for your spouse to know that you’re going for a quiet drink with that attractive lady in accounts after work, you can simply set your location to elsewhere.

Yet this application is not just aiding sneaky maneuvers, it is designed to let the user know if a friend is in town, or if a plane has landed safely, or even if your partner is stuck in bad traffic on the way home.

Awesome but a little scary Very Happy
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Google « Reply #26 on: February 13, 2009, 09:12 PM »

I just learnt that whatever your gmail address, you automatically own all the variations of that email with 'dots' in them.

So if I registered [email protected], I also own [email protected]
IP Logged
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: Google « Reply #27 on: February 13, 2009, 09:23 PM »

I just learnt that whatever your gmail address, you automatically own all the variations of that email with 'dots' in them.

So if I registered [email protected], I also own [email protected]

really?! Awesome!
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Google « Reply #28 on: February 13, 2009, 09:27 PM »

Yeah, it's pretty cool because people always read my email address as "Ms Anger" when it's "M Sanger", so now I can put a dot after the M Very Happy
IP Logged
Scottie
World No 1

Re: Google « Reply #29 on: February 13, 2009, 09:32 PM »

Aww poor little Miss Anger!!!!!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »