Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  Happy New Year Thread! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Linked Events
  • New Years Eve!: December 31, 2010
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 Go Down Reply
Author

Happy New Year Thread!

(Read 15729 times)
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Happy New Year Thread! « Reply #315 on: December 31, 2013, 07:08 AM »

What is all this?  confused
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Happy New Year Thread! « Reply #316 on: December 31, 2013, 08:45 AM »

Have a great 2014

* IMG_89245277183160.jpeg (15.92 KB, 380x400 - viewed 58 times.)
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Happy New Year Thread! « Reply #317 on: December 31, 2013, 08:46 AM »

Mark......once you've sobered up, can you move this conversation to a more appropriate place please? i.e..... down the lav.....followed by a good dollop of bleach?  Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Happy New Year Thread! « Reply #318 on: December 31, 2013, 08:48 AM »

Have a great 2014

Same to you Angie......Awrabest hen!  hug
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Re: Happy New Year Thread! « Reply #319 on: December 31, 2013, 08:48 AM »

Mark......once you've sobered up, can you move this conversation to a more appropriate place please? i.e..... down the lav.....followed by a good dollop of bleach?  Rolling Eyes

I think hes been kidnapped Caz  wthell
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Happy New Year Thread! « Reply #320 on: December 31, 2013, 08:52 AM »

I think hes been kidnapped Caz  wthell
Aye......You could well be right!  confused
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Re: Happy New Year Thread! « Reply #321 on: December 31, 2013, 08:56 AM »

Hes gonna freak right out when he finally surfaces and sees this  Very Happy too much of this  2 man down toast maybe?
IP Logged
benniebone
ATP Level

Re: Happy New Year Thread! « Reply #322 on: December 31, 2013, 09:32 AM »

It is'nt a Happy New year and as I don't know where to put this I'm adding it here
 For years people have said that if a Brit won Wimbledon they'd get a knighthood but Andy did and Andy has'nt
It is a kick in the teeth for tennis   The reason seems to be that you can't have two honours without a space of 5 years It just shows that there should be a different system of honours in the UK
Any comments?
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Happy New Year Thread! « Reply #323 on: December 31, 2013, 09:36 AM »

Hes gonna freak right out when he finally surfaces and sees this  Very Happy too much of this  2 man down toast maybe?
  yes He might have to ban himself!   w00t
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Re: Happy New Year Thread! « Reply #324 on: December 31, 2013, 09:36 AM »

Why isnt it a happy new year. Just coz andy didnt get a knighthood? ?
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Happy New Year Thread! « Reply #325 on: December 31, 2013, 10:10 AM »

It is'nt a Happy New year and as I don't know where to put this I'm adding it here
 For years people have said that if a Brit won Wimbledon they'd get a knighthood but Andy did and Andy has'nt
It is a kick in the teeth for tennis   The reason seems to be that you can't have two honours without a space of 5 years It just shows that there should be a different system of honours in the UK
Any comments?

Don't panic. Andy Murray will get his knighthood, I am 100% certain of that. Now is not the right time. It didn't even enter my head that he would we awarded it this time round. Getting it now would make him look an idiot like it does Wiggins.  The important one at the moment was Sports Personality - I really do think he really wanted that one. The sign that the British Public have really taken him to their heart. I suspect that the aknowledgement that the public themselves have awarded him an honour means a great deal to him, particularly given the landslide by which he won it. There were more votes from people other than us on here and our multiple voting,  that got him it.  The first British winner of Wimbledon for almost 80 years has got a knighthood in the bag. Now is just not the right time. We all would want him to savour it. At the moment he is still focussed on winning tennis tournaments, and getting aclaim in the form of trophies and his name on a different type of honour board, which is how it should be.  I am rabidly in favour of him getting a knighthood and every award going, but at the moment it would embarrass him and detract from the important stuff.
IP Logged
janscribe
Veteran

Let's Go!!!

Re: Happy New Year Thread! « Reply #326 on: December 31, 2013, 10:32 AM »

A Very Happy New Year to everybody and hopefully the next twelve months will see Andy climb to new levels of success. But why all the fuss because he didn't get a knighthood? David Beckham has done a great deal for British morale, the olympics etc etc, is older and wiser than our Andy and he didn't get one. There's plenty of time, folks, how much better it would be to award such an honour when he has had the chance to get a few more Grand Slams, win a couple more Wimbledons and for his fame and standing to benefit perhaps tennis itself or a community concern he feels strongly about. 
Let common sense prevail, he's young and there's plenty of time for him to become even more of a Sports Personality than he is at present. He's a special guy, let him grow and when he's older then give him another gong. first second third Bagpipes old
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Happy New Year Thread! « Reply #327 on: December 31, 2013, 10:39 AM »

Don't panic. Andy Murray will get his knighthood, I am 100% certain of that. Now is not the right time. It didn't even enter my head that he would we awarded it this time round. Getting it now would make him look an idiot like it does Wiggins.  The important one at the moment was Sports Personality - I really do think he really wanted that one. The sign that the British Public have really taken him to their heart. I suspect that the aknowledgement that the public themselves have awarded him an honour means a great deal to him, particularly given the landslide by which he won it. There were more votes from people other than us on here and our multiple voting,  that got him it.  The first British winner of Wimbledon for almost 80 years has got a knighthood in the bag. Now is just not the right time. We all would want him to savour it. At the moment he is still focussed on winning tennis tournaments, and getting aclaim in the form of trophies and his name on a different type of honour board, which is how it should be.  I am rabidly in favour of him getting a knighthood and every award going, but at the moment it would embarrass him and detract from the important stuff.
I agree Masaka and it might be worth bearing in mind that David Beckham hasn't got one yet either!  Whistle
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Happy New Year Thread! « Reply #328 on: December 31, 2013, 11:00 AM »

I agree Masaka and it might be worth bearing in mind that David Beckham hasn't got one yet either!  Whistle

I might be being mean spirited, but I really can't see what Beckham has achieved that warrants one. He seems focussed on his own self aggrandisement and own self publicity to me?

I hasten to add I am quite prepared to be corrected on this.
IP Logged
caroline
ATP Level

Re: Happy New Year Thread! « Reply #329 on: December 31, 2013, 11:26 AM »

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE. toast
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »