Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  Valentines Day (poll included) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Do you like Valentines Day?
Yes. (male voter) - 1 (4.8%)
Yes. (female voter) - 6 (28.6%)
No. (male voter) - 6 (28.6%)
No. (female voter) - 8 (38.1%)
Total Voters: 20

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 Go Down Reply
Author

Valentines Day (poll included)

(Read 4492 times)
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Valentines Day (poll included) « Reply #225 on: February 14, 2011, 12:59 PM »

Got the most beautiful bouquet of flowers complete with ribbons and a gorgeous red heart ... wub
How unoriginal, how expected, how unromantic.
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Valentines Day (poll included) « Reply #226 on: February 14, 2011, 01:05 PM »

So cliché. Very Happy
How unoriginal, how expected, how unromantic.

But soooooooooooo delightful !! Heart
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Valentines Day (poll included) « Reply #227 on: February 14, 2011, 01:10 PM »

And I assume you have or will be doing something special for him today?
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Valentines Day (poll included) « Reply #228 on: February 14, 2011, 01:22 PM »

Roses are red.
Violets are blue.
I've got a knife.
So get in the van.
That's not a knife.......This is a knife.....so hand over the keys to the van!
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Valentines Day (poll included) « Reply #229 on: February 14, 2011, 01:44 PM »

I think most men see today just as a chance to get laid. Sex and love are too easily confused. It reminds me of that joke.

A psychologist is giving a lecture, and claims that the more sex couples have, the happier they are. To prove it, he asks the people who have sex every night to raise their hands, and they're all smiling and laughing. Then he asks the people who have sex once a week to raise their hands, and they're smiling.

The people who have sex once a month are sitting quietly, but there's one fellow in the back who is squirming with excitement and grinning and laughing. The psychologist asks him how often he has sex, and he says, "Once a year." "Then why are you so happy?" the psychologist asks.

The man in the back leaps up and shouts, "Because tonight's the night!"
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Valentines Day (poll included) « Reply #230 on: February 14, 2011, 01:52 PM »

And I assume you have or will be doing something special for him today?

I do special things for him all the time, just like he does for me wub ...
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Valentines Day (poll included) « Reply #231 on: February 14, 2011, 01:53 PM »

I think most men see today just as a chance to get laid. Sex and love are too easily confused. It reminds me of that joke.

A psychologist is giving a lecture, and claims that the more sex couples have, the happier they are. To prove it, he asks the people who have sex every night to raise their hands, and they're all smiling and laughing. Then he asks the people who have sex once a week to raise their hands, and they're smiling.

The people who have sex once a month are sitting quietly, but there's one fellow in the back who is squirming with excitement and grinning and laughing. The psychologist asks him how often he has sex, and he says, "Once a year." "Then why are you so happy?" the psychologist asks.

The man in the back leaps up and shouts, "Because tonight's the night!"

lmao

IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Valentines Day (poll included) « Reply #232 on: February 14, 2011, 02:27 PM »

Anybody can be prince charming one day a year, with the dinner and the flowers and all that. But you know what impresses me? When a guy can do that no days a year.
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Valentines Day (poll included) « Reply #233 on: February 14, 2011, 02:29 PM »

Anybody can be prince charming one day a year, with the dinner and the flowers and all that. But you know what impresses me? When a guy can do that no days a year.

Awhhh ....  bigarmhug
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Valentines Day (poll included) « Reply #234 on: February 15, 2011, 06:45 AM »

This question was posed to a group of 4 to 8 year olds. What does love mean? The answers they got were broader and deeper than anyone could have imagined.

1. When my grandma got arthritis, she couldn't bend over and paint her toenails anymore. So my grandpa does it for her now all the time, even when his hands got arthritis too. That's love.
Rebecca- age 8

2. When someone loves you, the way they say your name is different. You just know that your name is safe in their mouths.
Billy- age 4

3. Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving Cologne and they go out and smell each other.
Kari- age 5

4. Love is when you go out to eat and give somebody most of your French fries without making them give you any of theirs.
Chrissy- age 6

5. Love is what makes you smile when you're tired.
Terri- age 4

6. Love is when my mommy makes coffee for my daddy and she takes a sip before giving it to him, to make sure the taste is OK.
Danny- age 7

7. Love is when you kiss all the time. Then when you get tired of kissing, you still want to be together and you talk more. My mommy and my daddy are like that. They look gross when they kiss.
Emily- age 8

8. Love is what's in the room with you at Christmas if you stop opening presents and listen.
Bobby- age 7

9. If you want to learn to love better, you should start with a friend who you hate.
Nikka- age 6

10. Love is when you tell a guy you like his shirt, then he wears it everyday.
Noelle- age 7

11. Love is like a little old woman and a little old man who are still friends even after they know each other so well.
Tommy- age 6

12 During my piano recital, I was on stage and I was scared. I looked at all the people watching me and saw my daddy waving and smiling. He was the only one doing that. I wasn't scared anymore.
Cindy- age 8

13. My mommy loves me more than anybody. You don't see anyone else kissing me to sleep at night.
Clare- age 6 (gotta love her)

14. Love is when mommy gives daddy the best piece of chicken.
Elaney-age 5

15. Love is when mommy sees daddy smelly and sweaty and still says he is handsomer than Robert Redford.
Chris- age 7

16. Love is when your puppy licks your face even after you left him alone all day.
Mary Ann- age 4

17. When you love somebody, your eyelashes go up and down and little stars come out of you.
Karen- age 7

18 Love is when mommy sees daddy on the toilet and doesn't think it's gross.
Mark- age 6

19. You really shouldn't say I LOVE YOU unless you mean it. But if you mean it, you should say it a lot. People forget.
Jessica- age 8 (priceless)

And the winner was ****

A 4 year old child whose next door neighbor was an elderly man who had just lost his wife. When the child saw the man cry, the little boy went over into the man's yard and climbed on top of the man's lap and just sat there. When the boy's mother asked him what he'd said to the neighbor, the little boy said, "Nothing, I just helped him cry."
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Valentines Day (poll included) « Reply #235 on: February 15, 2011, 06:48 AM »

lol

Back on topic ...

Got the most beautiful bouquet of flowers complete with ribbons and a gorgeous red heart ... wub

Lovely.

IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Valentines Day (poll included) « Reply #236 on: February 15, 2011, 07:43 AM »

This question was posed to a group of 4 to 8 year olds. What does love mean? The answers they got were broader and deeper than anyone could have imagined.

1. When my grandma got arthritis, she couldn't bend over and paint her toenails anymore. So my grandpa does it for her now all the time, even when his hands got arthritis too. That's love.
Rebecca- age 8

These are all so cute .... wub
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Valentines Day (poll included) « Reply #237 on: February 15, 2011, 05:55 PM »

Cute, but almost certainly completely made up.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Valentines Day (poll included) « Reply #238 on: February 16, 2011, 08:59 AM »

Cute, but almost certainly completely made up.

Were you ever a child and said cute things?
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Valentines Day (poll included) « Reply #239 on: February 16, 2011, 09:09 AM »

Were you ever a child and said cute things?

Sure. I just don't believe for a second that children said those things when asked what love is. It doesn't ring true.

People often post these little things and pretend they're real so that they make a bigger impact. I'm not trying to be a dick. I just get annoyed when something so clearly contrived is made out to be genuine (talking about the original author, not you).
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »