MurraysWorld  >  Chit Chat  >  Holidays - where are you going?
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] Reply

Holidays - where are you going?

We use PMs for that sh*t.

Mark loves that ****. He reads erotic PMs.
IP Logged

Get to enjoy this week's heatwave and then off to Majorca for a week Smile

How is this thread not active? Think
IP Logged

Majorca is AMAZING.
IP Logged

Majorca is AMAZING.
How so? I literally have no idea.
IP Logged

There are so many great places to visit, Palma, Soller, Andratx. It's also always boiling hot and its covered in beaches.
IP Logged

Which part are you going?
IP Logged

It's also always boiling hot and its covered in beaches.
I haven't gone swimming in the sea for years Very Happy

Which part are you going?
Palma
[ Last edit by Mark July 14, 2014, 05:22 PM ] IP Logged

Have just booked annual leave and flights to LA for August. Arriving 17th, leaving 31st. Planning to spend much of the first week in LA, then divide the second between Las Vegas and Anaheim. Might try and fit in a couple of days in San Diego too if possible. I've been before but my partner hasn't (she hasn't been further than Australia) so a chance for her to experience lifelong dreams like Disneyland etc. Time difference makes it quite funny as we depart at 6.30am here and arrive at 6.30am on the same day so lose no time at all. On the way home though we leave on Monday but arrive home on Wednesday.

Anyone got any tips for somewhere reasonable and not too expensive to stay in LA? Stayed with my Aunt before but she is sadly no longer with us and my cousins who are still there live in shoebox apartments so couldn't accommodate 2 guests.
IP Logged

Youngest daughter currently in the area you're going to later this year but she's stopping with family - American branch Wink

She's currently in San Diego, after visiting Mexico for the day on Tuesday - bit of a culture shock that was!

Been to Sea World in San Diego and going to the zoo/wildlife park today.
IP Logged

Cool. Hadn't thought much about San Diego originally when planning/booking. Was only after booking that we seriously thought about Sea World and had thought it might be a possible day trip from LA but didn't realise quite how far away it was. Then we see the Zoo is supposed to be one of the best in the world and there's also a separate safari park so it's really going to need 2 or 3 nights there! Have changed return flight to a day later (thankfully same price so only cost $100 change fee, wouldn't have done it if it cost a lot more) and got an extra day of leave approved to give us slightly more time but still going to be tight.

Currently thinking Las Vegas for 3 nights from 23rd, then San Diego either 2 or 3 from 26th, then Anaheim for 3 from either 28th or 29th, then back to LA on 1st Sept for the flight back. Original idea was Las Vegas then Anaheim then back to LA for last couple of days. Figure it's best to do Anaheim after San Diego as although our flight back isn't until 10pm, if we're getting back to LA on the day it makes more sense to be going from Anaheim.

Also other half has just renewed her NZ passport online. Supposed to take 10 working days but we did it on Tuesday night and it arrived Thursday morning. Must have been processed immediately. Impressive!
[ Last edit by invisibleman18 March 12, 2015, 11:29 PM ] IP Logged

Sea World has more rides than animals she says and she has posted some pictures - I'll see about sending you them on FB Very Happy  The pass she has is valid for a year, so they might have another visit later in the year.  It was $89 USD.  Not sure how the wildlife park is going but she's has her camera with her and will no doubt see the pictures later.

They didn't really spend much time in LA though what she saw, she was unimpressed with but then she didn't go to Disneyland Very Happy

You flying air new zealand?  They are good for flight changes. Very Happy

They are then off to the UK/Ireland on Tuesday for a month.

I have heard of Anaheim as one of our staff is there at the moment but that's for some big trade expo or something.  So will have to google  that one.

Wow, I thought my just over 2 weeks was impressive for my UK passport but your 2 days beats me hands down! lol
IP Logged

Anaheim is where Disneyland is. Will just stay in one of the surrounding motels, maybe the same one I stayed at last time as it was decent enough. Will go for a 2 day pass this time as I rushed around in 1 day last time and it wasn't enough time.

Flying Qantas as the price difference was ridiculous. Takes about 3-4 hours longer as it's via Sydney rather than Auckland, but was $1800 cheaper than Air NZ, almost half the price.

My UK passport expires April next year so will deal with the renewal after we come back.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] Reply