Andy Murray vs Vasek Pospisil, Wednesday, Time - 1:00pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld  >  Chit Chat  >  How to cope with having Aspergers... any advice?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Reply

How to cope with having Aspergers... any advice?

My best friends aren't my internet friends you fu.ck.ing fu.ck nugget.

I did not say they were.
IP Logged

get gone
IP Logged

Peace ... peacedove
IP Logged

And I with yours Caz (and with Aileen's).   Hope us older women can be of some help Joe!

And me!
IP Logged

Cheers for the advise ladies.
IP Logged

^ And a Bosie (Scottish cuddle) from me!  hug
IP Logged

Frown
IP Logged

Lol life is ****
IP Logged

Hey Joe, just picked up on this thread - I think I may know someone with Aspergers, but I don't think he'd talk about it, or go near a diagnosis, but he can be very difficult to communicate with, never initiates conversation, talks in monosyllables etc. Also no social life to speak of - works in a job way below his potential etc. He's clever ( Honours degree) and meticulous but as slow as hell in doing the simplest things. Also a bit of a hoarding issue - any ideas on how to get on his wavelength without seeming patronising?
IP Logged

Hi mate. Well I think some people have it worse than others. I am on the spectrum but I notice others (from going to aspgers help groups) are worse off than me.

I would say just show an interest in what they do as  most  people with aspergers have a set interest/obsession in something, for me it is probably Tennis. So if they have someone talking to them about that interest it is good.  Also try and make them feel comfortable when talking to them, take it slowly etc. Also ask scotnadian for some advise as her son has been diagnosed and I reckon as a  Mother she will know more than me just as my Mum probably know more than me.
IP Logged

Hi mate. Well I think some people have it worse than others. I am on the spectrum but I notice others (from going to aspgers help groups) are worse off than me.

I would say just show an interest in what they do as  most  people with aspergers have a set interest/obsession in something, for me it is probably Tennis. So if they have someone talking to them about that interest it is good.  Also try and make them feel comfortable when talking to them, take it slowly etc. Also ask scotnadian for some advise as her son has been diagnosed and I reckon as a  Mother she will know more than me just as my Mum probably know more than me.
   Thanks, that's helpful. I'll let you know how things go.
IP Logged

I've felt really low this week Frown.
IP Logged

I've felt really low this week Frown.

Keep yer chin up mate. Look ahead to the good things coming up this year..wimby quarters and semis and remember im taking you to nandos as well
  w00t
IP Logged

What's nandos?
IP Logged

What's nandos?

Its a fetish club
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Reply