Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  How to cope with having Aspergers... any advice? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Down Reply
Author

How to cope with having Aspergers... any advice?

(Read 3995 times)
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: How to cope with having Aspergers... any advice? « Reply #60 on: December 15, 2013, 04:35 PM »

My best friends aren't my internet friends you fu.ck.ing fu.ck nugget.

I did not say they were.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: How to cope with having Aspergers... any advice? « Reply #61 on: December 15, 2013, 04:56 PM »

get gone
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: How to cope with having Aspergers... any advice? « Reply #62 on: December 15, 2013, 05:14 PM »

Peace ... peacedove
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
Seed

Re: How to cope with having Aspergers... any advice? « Reply #63 on: December 15, 2013, 05:35 PM »

And I with yours Caz (and with Aileen's).   Hope us older women can be of some help Joe!

And me!
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: How to cope with having Aspergers... any advice? « Reply #64 on: December 15, 2013, 06:04 PM »

Cheers for the advise ladies.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: How to cope with having Aspergers... any advice? « Reply #65 on: December 15, 2013, 06:59 PM »

^ And a Bosie (Scottish cuddle) from me!  hug
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: How to cope with having Aspergers... any advice? « Reply #66 on: December 24, 2013, 07:45 PM »

Frown
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: How to cope with having Aspergers... any advice? « Reply #67 on: February 22, 2014, 06:17 PM »

Lol life is ****
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: How to cope with having Aspergers... any advice? « Reply #68 on: February 22, 2014, 07:19 PM »

Hey Joe, just picked up on this thread - I think I may know someone with Aspergers, but I don't think he'd talk about it, or go near a diagnosis, but he can be very difficult to communicate with, never initiates conversation, talks in monosyllables etc. Also no social life to speak of - works in a job way below his potential etc. He's clever ( Honours degree) and meticulous but as slow as hell in doing the simplest things. Also a bit of a hoarding issue - any ideas on how to get on his wavelength without seeming patronising?
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: How to cope with having Aspergers... any advice? « Reply #69 on: February 22, 2014, 09:07 PM »

Hi mate. Well I think some people have it worse than others. I am on the spectrum but I notice others (from going to aspgers help groups) are worse off than me.

I would say just show an interest in what they do as  most  people with aspergers have a set interest/obsession in something, for me it is probably Tennis. So if they have someone talking to them about that interest it is good.  Also try and make them feel comfortable when talking to them, take it slowly etc. Also ask scotnadian for some advise as her son has been diagnosed and I reckon as a  Mother she will know more than me just as my Mum probably know more than me.
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: How to cope with having Aspergers... any advice? « Reply #70 on: February 22, 2014, 09:32 PM »

Hi mate. Well I think some people have it worse than others. I am on the spectrum but I notice others (from going to aspgers help groups) are worse off than me.

I would say just show an interest in what they do as  most  people with aspergers have a set interest/obsession in something, for me it is probably Tennis. So if they have someone talking to them about that interest it is good.  Also try and make them feel comfortable when talking to them, take it slowly etc. Also ask scotnadian for some advise as her son has been diagnosed and I reckon as a  Mother she will know more than me just as my Mum probably know more than me.
   Thanks, that's helpful. I'll let you know how things go.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: How to cope with having Aspergers... any advice? « Reply #71 on: March 13, 2014, 08:10 PM »

I've felt really low this week Frown.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: How to cope with having Aspergers... any advice? « Reply #72 on: March 13, 2014, 08:19 PM »

I've felt really low this week Frown.

Keep yer chin up mate. Look ahead to the good things coming up this year..wimby quarters and semis and remember im taking you to nandos as well
  w00t
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Give me your JMac, Henman, Cash & 2 balls.

Re: How to cope with having Aspergers... any advice? « Reply #73 on: March 13, 2014, 08:22 PM »

What's nandos?
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: How to cope with having Aspergers... any advice? « Reply #74 on: March 13, 2014, 08:26 PM »

What's nandos?

Its a fetish club
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »