Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  Jade Goody to die from terminal cancer 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] Go Down Reply
Author

Jade Goody to die from terminal cancer

(Read 3299 times)
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Jade Goody to die from terminal cancer « Reply #165 on: April 09, 2009, 11:19 AM »

However, the national mourning for Diana was probably justified however that is not so for Jade.

No, it wasn't. Diana was clearly a very nice woman, but 99% of the people crying their eyes out didn't even know her. There are people who die in obscurity who deserve that level of mourning as much as, if not more than Diana.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Jade Goody to die from terminal cancer « Reply #166 on: April 09, 2009, 11:20 AM »

Oh right, I didn't mean to say crying your eyes out for her was justified, that is over the top. However, I do think it's understandable to feel upset that someone who tried to do so much good in the world died at such a young age.
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Jade Goody to die from terminal cancer « Reply #167 on: April 09, 2009, 11:23 AM »

I am on my way to a funeral, so death is uppermost in my mind - no-one gets out alive.  We are all going to die sooner or later  So, you eat a hamburger and wash it down with a glass of wine or bottle of beer - how much time is docked from your allowance?  A week, a month, a year?  Does it actually matter? For the ordinary person (which is most of us) I suspect not much.
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Jade Goody to die from terminal cancer « Reply #168 on: April 09, 2009, 11:25 AM »

Oh right, I didn't mean to say crying your eyes out for her was justified, that is over the top. However, I do think it's understandable to feel upset that someone who tried to do so much good in the world died at such a young age.

Like I said, there are a lot of people who do just as much, if not more good. They die in obscurity and don't receive that kind of attention. I think it's nonsense, just as I thought the publicity circus surrounding the Madeleine McCann case was a disgrace. It's as though everyone forgot about the countless other kids who are missing. She wasn't the only one.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Jade Goody to die from terminal cancer « Reply #169 on: April 09, 2009, 11:26 AM »

Like I said, there are a lot of people who do just as much, if not more good. They die in obscurity and don't receive that kind of attention.
Yup and I'm sure the people who were upset about Diana would also be upset about the people who die in obscurity if they knew just as much about them and their activities.
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Jade Goody to die from terminal cancer « Reply #170 on: April 09, 2009, 11:33 AM »

Yup and I'm sure the people who were upset about Diana would also be upset about the people who die in obscurity if they knew just as much about them and their activities.

I sort of doubt it. She wasn't mourned purely for her charity work (which she had the luxury of being able to do so much of, since that was essentially her fulltime job). She was also popular because of the whole Charles-Camilla thing and how she handled that with dignity.

Put it this way, do you have any idea how much Bill Gates has given to charity? He won't be mourned like that. lol The fact is that Diana was deified by the British public. I liked Diana and was obviously sad that she died, but the level of mourning that followed by people who didn't know her was absurd.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Jade Goody to die from terminal cancer « Reply #171 on: April 09, 2009, 11:34 AM »

Yeah, the degree of mourning didn't seem rational but that's emotions for you.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Jade Goody to die from terminal cancer « Reply #172 on: April 10, 2009, 02:05 AM »

I think Diana's death was a great shock, due to the circumstances in which she died.  She was a very popular 'royal' and was very much 'in our face' due to the media, so I guess the public at large felt that they did know her when in fact they'd only read about her in newspapers and magazines.  Jade chose to publicise her death, which I felt was bad, but she says she had reasons for doing this, and it was her choice.

I am on my way to a funeral, so death is uppermost in my mind - no-one gets out alive.  We are all going to die sooner or later  So, you eat a hamburger and wash it down with a glass of wine or bottle of beer - how much time is docked from your allowance?  A week, a month, a year?  Does it actually matter? For the ordinary person (which is most of us) I suspect not much.

I think the moto here is to live each day like it was your last and never regret anything!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »