Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  Jade Goody to die from terminal cancer 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 12 Go Down Reply
Author

Jade Goody to die from terminal cancer

(Read 3366 times)
hulahoop
Seed

Home is where the heart is!

Jade Goody to die from terminal cancer « on: February 14, 2009, 08:36 PM »

Mod NoticeMoved posts from thread in Feedback/Support board and created new thread.

This is getting stupid now, actually it got stupid quite some time ago lol

Very Happy Very Happy LOL Mark, I realised that some years ago. One of the reasons I would never, ever put myself in an Admin position ever again. It's the little things that build up and make you think "I'm doing all this out of the goodness of my heart. Why?"

FWIW and although this may sound terribly creepy, it isn't, just a genuine observation, you run one of the best and fairest sites around. Well done you.

( I'm a little more appreciative than usual as I've been reading a site with some unbearably vile posts about Jade Goody. While I dont know herand her death isn't going to have any impact on my life, there are certain standards that we, as humans, should adhere to. As my beloved Mum always said in her lifetime " if you cant say anything constructive then keep your mouth still"

( Embarassed Sorry, gone completely O/T) Apologies. I am just so mad about that and realise that on here, we have an excellent site that strikes just the right balance.

Smile Creeping over now!!
[ Last edit by Mark February 15, 2009, 10:31 PM ] IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Jade Goody and her terminal cancer « Reply #1 on: February 14, 2009, 08:52 PM »

Thanks for the nice comments hug

I really enjoy working on this website so the "Why do I do this?" thought has never crossed my mind Very Happy
[ Last edit by Mark February 14, 2009, 08:58 PM ] IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Jade Goody and her terminal cancer « Reply #2 on: February 14, 2009, 09:09 PM »

Why did Amy want to leave? I missed all this.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Jade Goody and her terminal cancer « Reply #3 on: February 14, 2009, 09:12 PM »

I think it was a heat of the moment thing, she is unable to give us a reason.
IP Logged
Quackers
Murraymaniac

Re: Jade Goody and her terminal cancer « Reply #4 on: February 14, 2009, 09:13 PM »

**** heat of the moment Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Jade Goody and her terminal cancer « Reply #5 on: February 14, 2009, 09:13 PM »

Very Happy Very Happy LOL Mark, I realised that some years ago. One of the reasons I would never, ever put myself in an Admin position ever again. It's the little things that build up and make you think "I'm doing all this out of the goodness of my heart. Why?"

FWIW and although this may sound terribly creepy, it isn't, just a genuine observation, you run one of the best and fairest sites around. Well done you.

( I'm a little more appreciative than usual as I've been reading a site with some unbearably vile posts about Jade Goody. While I dont know herand her death isn't going to have any impact on my life, there are certain standards that we, as humans, should adhere to. As my beloved Mum always said in her lifetime " if you cant say anything constructive then keep your mouth still"

( Embarassed Sorry, gone completely O/T) Apologies. I am just so mad about that and realise that on here, we have an excellent site that strikes just the right balance.

Smile Creeping over now!!

I'm actually quite disturbed by the whole Jade Goody thing. It must be terrifying to be given a death sentence. She has been told that she has months to live and is getting her will in order. How scary is that? Knowing that you are going to be dead very soon.

It pisses me off that people are so utterly ******* short-sighted and heartless as to make fun of her. They don't realise that they will be in that position one day and how it would feel if someone was basically kicking them when they are down. Personally, I'd take great pleasure in kicking the **** out of someone who is mocking her. It's a real shame, not only for her but for her kids.
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Jade Goody and her terminal cancer « Reply #6 on: February 14, 2009, 09:14 PM »

F**k heat of the moment Rolling Eyes

I was just curious. Shrug

I thought someone had offended you.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Jade Goody and her terminal cancer « Reply #7 on: February 14, 2009, 09:15 PM »

You shouldn't make fun of her but it's understandable to lack sympathy for someone who has shown themselves to be quite a horrible person.
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Jade Goody and her terminal cancer « Reply #8 on: February 14, 2009, 09:17 PM »

You shouldn't make fun of her but it's understandable to lack sympathy for someone who has proven herself to be quite a vile person.

It's not a case of shouldn't. I wouldn't tell anyone what they should or shouldn't say. That doesn't mean I don't want to punch someone who does mock her plight, though.

And I don't agree that she has shown herself to be a vile person. She got crucified for something she said on tv. I've said much worse and I'd wager you have too. It doesn't make us vile.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Jade Goody and her terminal cancer « Reply #9 on: February 14, 2009, 09:18 PM »

Oh no, I'm not referring to the racism... I don't automatically consider a racist as a horrible person. But from watching her for many days on BB, you can get an accurate idea of what type of person she is.
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Jade Goody and her terminal cancer « Reply #10 on: February 14, 2009, 09:20 PM »

Oh no, I'm not referring to the racism... I don't automatically consider a racist as a horrible person. But from watching her for many days on BB, you can get an accurate idea of what type of person she is.

"Vile" is Hitler. She may not be to everyone's taste, but she's hardly a horrible person.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Jade Goody and her terminal cancer « Reply #11 on: February 14, 2009, 09:25 PM »

Yeah, before you posted your reply to me, I actually edited "vile" to "horrible"... I agree it is too strong a work. You may also think "horrible" is still too strong but after watching her on BB, I think it's fairly appropriate. That's simply us differeing on opinion though.
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Jade Goody and her terminal cancer « Reply #12 on: February 14, 2009, 09:28 PM »

Yeah, before you posted your reply to me, I actually edited "vile" to "horrible".. I agree it was too strong. I suppose you might now argue "horrible" is still too strong but after watching her on BB, I think it's fairly appropriate.

Not really. It's way over the top. It would take far more than not liking someone on BB for me to not sympathise with someone who has been given a death sentence and is leaving young kids behind.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Jade Goody and her terminal cancer « Reply #13 on: February 14, 2009, 09:32 PM »

I didn't mean to say you can understand someone having no sympathy but it's understandable to have much less sympathy of her situation over that of anyone else when you have witness the type of person she is. It's easy to forget how horrible she was as it was quite a long time ago.
IP Logged
hulahoop
Seed

Home is where the heart is!

Re: Jade Goody and her terminal cancer « Reply #14 on: February 14, 2009, 09:33 PM »

I'm actually quite disturbed by the whole Jade Goody thing. It must be terrifying to be given a death sentence. She has been told that she has months to live and is getting her will in order. How scary is that? Knowing that you are going to be dead very soon.

It pisses me off that people are so utterly f**king short-sighted and heartless as to make fun of her. They don't realise that they will be in that position one day and how it would feel if someone was basically kicking them when they are down. Personally, I'd take great pleasure in kicking the sh*t out of someone who is mocking her. It's a real shame, not only for her but for her kids.

Like I said and going way off topic again, it's this sort of response, Clydey, that makes me proud to be a member of this site. The vast majority are, like you, thoroughly decent.

We can argue, we can disagree, but in the end we have an underlying respect.

Pity it doesn't work on certain other sites. Frown
IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 12 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »