Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  Just to say "Thanks" 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Reply
Author

Just to say "Thanks"

(Read 1504 times)
hulahoop
Seed

Home is where the heart is!

Just to say "Thanks" « on: October 26, 2005, 08:59 PM »

Smile  I know this is a relatively young site (the site not the people) but I just wanted to publically say a huge "Thanks" to Mark.

It must be tremendously hard work keeping this place up to date, but Mark does just that. News and Links appear as fast as he can find them, which makes life so much easier for all us ordinary members.

I was gobsmacked at the speed and number of links posted almost immediately after today's match. Though he always seems to be up to date.

So a HUGE Thank you Mark. You are a star.

:thx:  racquet  udaman
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

Just to say "Thanks" « Reply #1 on: October 26, 2005, 09:03 PM »

well said Tally Very Happy i echo everything - this site is fab, the best murray site on the web by a long way - the news and updates are fantastic and this leads to people coming back again and again - theres a sense of a mini-murray community here Very Happy

thank you mark, you are a star x x x x x x x
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Just to say "Thanks" « Reply #2 on: October 26, 2005, 09:26 PM »

Thanks guys, it does take a lot of my time but I enjoy working on it and keeping track of Murray's career. Hopefully the site continues to grow and eventually there will be people helping me out with providing news etc. therefor someone always will be there to bring you the latest Smile  

toot  highfive
IP Logged
Riverman
Veteran

Hello

Just to say "Thanks" « Reply #3 on: October 26, 2005, 09:57 PM »

Yep, the site is great, and the people are too! mexicanwave
IP Logged
Josh
Seed

Just to say "Thanks" « Reply #4 on: October 26, 2005, 10:00 PM »

Yep, I agree.  Thanks for all you do Mark - and everybody else who posts here -  keeps me entertained for hours.

Gaynor
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Just to say "Thanks" « Reply #5 on: October 27, 2005, 08:17 AM »

Not much I can add to what the others have said....the site is top notch, and as none of my friends or family are really into tennis, it's great to have a place to share views with others who are like minded.

Big thank you, Mark.  highfive
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Just to say "Thanks" « Reply #6 on: October 29, 2005, 07:27 PM »

:supz: yea, totally echo all your words!!!  grouphug it's such a sucessful website.. and it's all thanks to Mark! Really wouldn't be the same! :thx:  yahooo

Rolling Eyes but erm...sorry to break the party  wink  but i predict Mark's work will be doubling in NO time! from my experience at VR.com... we rose from 500 registered users to 2200 registered users in 5 months! so quite a bit of moderating has to be done...
IP Logged
hulahoop
Seed

Just to say "Thanks" « Reply #7 on: October 29, 2005, 07:36 PM »

Frown  With you on that T_S. Part of the downside of a successful site.

It's such a shame, that as a site goes ever more popular you get your fair share of eejits and general undesirables. ( I think I've said I'm an Admin on another site, so I do know the pitfalls. Quick crackdown on obvious triolls/spammers is essential. If you need any help Mark, my years of teaching means I can crack the whip. Wink )

(Totally off topic, James Martin is WOW on Strictly Come Dancing!  Very Happy . I'm in lust!! He can cook and dance!! WOOT. My ideal man.......Wink  Oh BOO HISS TO Arlene Phillips, she's jealous)  Embarassed  Embarassed  Embarassed
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Just to say "Thanks" « Reply #8 on: October 29, 2005, 08:04 PM »

Thanks, I'll take that in mind Tally, when you say an admin for another site, do you have experience in moderating forums at all?
IP Logged
Riverman
Veteran

Hello

Just to say "Thanks" « Reply #9 on: October 29, 2005, 08:08 PM »

I have mucho experience of moderatifying, when you come to needing staff. Smile
IP Logged
red?

A Message which every murray fan thinks « Reply #10 on: October 29, 2005, 08:31 PM »

We love you and your a legend along side Judy Murray
Oh yeah and Andy
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Just to say "Thanks" « Reply #11 on: October 29, 2005, 08:41 PM »

I've had experience in forum moderating too  Smile

I've never been the managing moderator (like Mark on this site) but i've done a few controling of the public forums on some sites... (i.e. controling the posts etc) the first ever Marat site springs to mind, and i moderatord the Russian Forum on VR.com... but it's a shame, it's been deleated because of band width avaliability and popularity (not many russian fans!)  Rolling Eyes
so im jobless at this moment in time  Neutral  Very Happy
IP Logged
hulahoop
Seed

Just to say "Thanks" « Reply #12 on: October 29, 2005, 09:42 PM »

Quote from: "Mark"
Thanks, I'll take that in mind Tally, when you say an admin for another site, do you have experience in moderating forums at all?

Very Happy Oh yes!

I always remove or edit posts with the reason in red. It's become a bit of a standing joke. Tally's got the red ink out!! :P

It's no different from the day job that was. Wink
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Just to say "Thanks" « Reply #13 on: October 29, 2005, 11:17 PM »

Alrighty, when it gets to an out of control stage I'll take my pick but I don't want many moderators, just enough to handle any problems, so please don't be upset if you don't get asked at first.
IP Logged
Josh
Seed

Just to say "Thanks" « Reply #14 on: November 01, 2005, 08:41 AM »

As soon as i get back the whole layout changes! Have been reading for half an hour trying to catch up and hve got longer to go.  This is an amazing site.  Well done Mark. bigarmhug
IP Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »