Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  Lance Armstrong scandal 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Reply
Author

Lance Armstrong scandal

(Read 1191 times)
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Lance Armstrong scandal « Reply #30 on: January 18, 2013, 07:54 PM »

I don't know a postage-stamp's worth about Bradley Wiggins.

I just think the whole thing is really incredibly sad. Armstrong was such a poster-boy for achievement under adversity.

It was all a house of cards.
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Lance Armstrong scandal « Reply #31 on: January 18, 2013, 07:55 PM »

I took that at face value. I now realise you were being sarcastic.
I was very serious believe me.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Lance Armstrong scandal « Reply #32 on: January 18, 2013, 07:56 PM »

I was very serious believe me.

So is Bradley clean?
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Lance Armstrong scandal « Reply #33 on: January 18, 2013, 07:57 PM »

Of course he is yay
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Lance Armstrong scandal « Reply #34 on: January 18, 2013, 07:59 PM »

So is Bradley clean?
Dont know but very shocked that Paul Kimmage has doubts.
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Lance Armstrong scandal « Reply #35 on: January 18, 2013, 08:02 PM »

Tee hee!
Elly...I can be serious sometimes.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Lance Armstrong scandal « Reply #36 on: January 18, 2013, 08:04 PM »

Elly...I can be serious sometimes.
OK - but it doesn't suit you. Smile  I'm well excited for Andy's next match.  Smile
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Lance Armstrong scandal « Reply #37 on: January 18, 2013, 08:07 PM »

I wasn't going to come back here - but couldn't resist.  I'm less of a loser than Lance!  Smile xx
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

Lance Armstrong scandal « Reply #38 on: January 18, 2013, 08:08 PM »

The great disbeliever of pro cycling Irish Journalist Paul Kimmage just isn’t quite willing to say Bradley Wiggins won the 2012 Tour de France without pharmaceutical aid.

First, what is it with those Irish journalists? You’ve got Kimmage and David Walsh, the original Armstrong Troll, in the top two places for cynicism and doubt. Nobody else is even close.

But back to disbelief because that’s how we start the new year, discounting everything we see. Kimmage told the German media — a receptive audience for all dope-related stories — that he just ins’t sure about the Jam-loving, vintage scooter-mad Wiggins.

“I don’t know,” he told the FAZ.net.  “If you apply the same standards to Tour winner Bradley Wiggins as to Lance Armstrong, concerning inquiries and logic, then there are similarities which are alarming.”

Kimmage points to the questionable past of Dr. Geert Leinders who was on Sky’s medical staff in 2011 and 2012. Leinders is alleged by Levi Leipheimer (among others) of having been a part of Rabobank’s doping program back when Levi was wearing orange and blue.

Pauly is also suspicious about the US Postal show of force by Wiggins’ own Sky squad in Le Grand Shindig. “You look at how dominant their teams were: Postal for Armstrong, Sky for Wiggins. They had a core of four, five riders, who rode strongly for those three weeks without one single weak day. You think: is that logical?”
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Lance Armstrong scandal « Reply #39 on: January 18, 2013, 08:11 PM »

In this day and age...surely Wiggins will have been tested a few times and wouldn't get away with it unlike Armstrongs days
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Lance Armstrong scandal « Reply #40 on: January 18, 2013, 08:12 PM »

The great disbeliever of pro cycling Irish Journalist Paul Kimmage just isn’t quite willing to say Bradley Wiggins won the 2012 Tour de France without pharmaceutical aid.

First, what is it with those Irish journalists? You’ve got Kimmage and David Walsh, the original Armstrong Troll, in the top two places for cynicism and doubt. Nobody else is even close.

But back to disbelief because that’s how we start the new year, discounting everything we see. Kimmage told the German media — a receptive audience for all dope-related stories — that he just ins’t sure about the Jam-loving, vintage scooter-mad Wiggins.

“I don’t know,” he told the FAZ.net.  “If you apply the same standards to Tour winner Bradley Wiggins as to Lance Armstrong, concerning inquiries and logic, then there are similarities which are alarming.”

Kimmage points to the questionable past of Dr. Geert Leinders who was on Sky’s medical staff in 2011 and 2012. Leinders is alleged by Levi Leipheimer (among others) of having been a part of Rabobank’s doping program back when Levi was wearing orange and blue.

Pauly is also suspicious about the US Postal show of force by Wiggins’ own Sky squad in Le Grand Shindig. “You look at how dominant their teams were: Postal for Armstrong, Sky for Wiggins. They had a core of four, five riders, who rode strongly for those three weeks without one single weak day. You think: is that logical?”
Do you think Wiggins was 'on' something.  If so, then it's rubbish what he achieved. 
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

Lance Armstrong scandal « Reply #41 on: January 18, 2013, 08:16 PM »

I just don't know. His denials were vociferous and impressive, but then Armstrong's weren't exactly church-mouse-like, were they?
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

Lance Armstrong scandal « Reply #42 on: January 18, 2013, 08:18 PM »

Wouldn't it be funny if there was a Pfizer or GlaxoSmithKline cycling team in next year's Tour, with all the support team wearing white coats?
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Lance Armstrong scandal « Reply #43 on: January 18, 2013, 08:20 PM »

I just don't know. His denials were vociferous and impressive, but then Armstrong's weren't exactly church-mouse-like, were they?
Makes me very sad to think people cheat their way forward - what's the point?  Nuts...
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Lance Armstrong scandal « Reply #44 on: January 18, 2013, 08:25 PM »

I mean how special is any achievement when you know you have cheated your way there? A hollow victory, I'd say.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »