Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Fabio Fognini, Thursday, Estimated time - 1:45pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  Lance Armstrong scandal 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Reply
Author

Lance Armstrong scandal

(Read 1522 times)
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Lance Armstrong scandal « Reply #45 on: January 18, 2013, 08:26 PM »

Wouldn't it be funny if there was a Pfizer or GlaxoSmithKline cycling team in next year's Tour, with all the support team wearing white coats?
Arf! Arf! Nige...very funny but hey! cyclists will have to swallow the pill and take their medicine after Armstrongs admissions.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Lance Armstrong scandal « Reply #46 on: January 18, 2013, 08:30 PM »

Lance Armstrong has to live with himself and acknowledge he cheated.  I'd not like to be in his shoes.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Lance Armstrong scandal « Reply #47 on: January 18, 2013, 09:13 PM »

But you can tell he is the type of person who will justify it to himself to such a degree that it will alleviate all guilt. Meanwhile, he enjoys being rich.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Lance Armstrong scandal « Reply #48 on: January 18, 2013, 09:20 PM »

But you can tell he is the type of person who will justify it to himself to such a degree that it will alleviate all guilt. Meanwhile, he enjoys being rich.
I'm not sure how a dishonest person justifies anything to themselves.  I think you'd have to be quite deluded to do so.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Lance Armstrong scandal « Reply #49 on: January 18, 2013, 09:27 PM »

I think any cyclist would have to be mad to even consider taking drugs now. Surely the drug testing will be much more stringent from now on!  Think
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Lance Armstrong scandal « Reply #50 on: January 18, 2013, 09:31 PM »

I think any cyclist would have to be mad to even consider taking drugs now. Surely the drug testing will be much more stringent from now on!  Think
But he got away with it for a long time.  And what galls me is, he denied it until there was no place to go.  He probably cheated the deserving winner of all these races.  Shame on him.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Lance Armstrong scandal « Reply #51 on: January 18, 2013, 09:34 PM »

Lance Armstrong has to live with himself and acknowledge he cheated.  I'd not like to be in his shoes.
If he is narcassistic or sociopathic, he won't care.

I feel the most for his kids. They are the ones who have to live from the fallout of the sh*t-cloud their father cast over their lives.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Lance Armstrong scandal « Reply #52 on: January 18, 2013, 09:38 PM »

Yes Elly, but I mean 'since' the Armstrong story erupted. You would think that any of the others who'd been taking them would stop while they're ahead and anyone who'd been thinking of taking them would think again.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Lance Armstrong scandal « Reply #53 on: January 18, 2013, 09:39 PM »

I feel sorry for the honest cyclists, because people are bound to be looking at them all 'sideways' if you know what I mean!
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Lance Armstrong scandal « Reply #54 on: January 18, 2013, 09:42 PM »

If he is narcassistic or sociopathic, he won't care.

I feel the most for his kids. They are the ones who have to live from the fallout of the sh*t-cloud their father cast over their lives.
I agree.  There is something far wrong with a person who tells lies and just throws it aside as if it doesn't matter.  Totally screwed up!
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Lance Armstrong scandal « Reply #55 on: January 18, 2013, 09:42 PM »

But he got away with it for a long time.  And what galls me is, he denied it until there was no place to go.  He probably cheated the deserving winner of all these races.  Shame on him.

You'd have to go a long way down into the pack in the Armstrong years to find a clean guy deserving of the title.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Lance Armstrong scandal « Reply #56 on: January 18, 2013, 09:44 PM »

You'd have to go a long way down into the pack in the Armstrong years to find a clean guy deserving of the title.
If that's true - it's very sad.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Lance Armstrong scandal « Reply #57 on: January 18, 2013, 09:44 PM »

The one thing he said in the interview that had even a hint of credibility about it was when he said he didn't see it as cheating at the time - just levelling the playing field. I can see his argument, even though it's a narcissistic one.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Lance Armstrong scandal « Reply #58 on: January 18, 2013, 09:48 PM »

I'm beginning to understand he wasn't the only one, but the way he aggressively went after others and made their lives hell either through court action, denying a place on the team, and public ridicule in order to save his own bacon seems despicable to me.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Lance Armstrong scandal « Reply #59 on: January 18, 2013, 09:48 PM »

The one thing he said in the interview that had even a hint of credibility about it was when he said he didn't see it as cheating at the time - just levelling the playing field. I can see his argument, even though it's a narcissistic one.
There is none or little credibility in taking drugs.  How he cannot see that as cheating is just a get out, and beyond comprehension.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »