Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  Lance Armstrong scandal 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] Go Down Reply
Author

Lance Armstrong scandal

(Read 1930 times)
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Lance Armstrong scandal « Reply #75 on: January 19, 2013, 07:19 AM »

And now we hear he tried to bribe USADA. He really is a nasty man.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Lance Armstrong scandal « Reply #76 on: January 19, 2013, 07:56 AM »

Not surprising Nigel! Arrogant pricks like him usually think they can buy anybody!
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Lance Armstrong scandal « Reply #77 on: January 19, 2013, 08:58 AM »

Whoa.....this guy is a *****....cant believe I felt bad for him before.... shocking
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Lance Armstrong scandal « Reply #78 on: January 19, 2013, 10:09 AM »

..............  and he thinks he deserves a second chance!
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

MW 2006 Fantasy WC & Prediction League Champion

Re: Lance Armstrong scandal « Reply #79 on: January 20, 2013, 02:43 AM »

Just finished watching the interview. Glad he admitted his ex wife knew because there's no way his family could not have known.

Disappointed but not surprised that he didn't really say anything beyond the first 2 questions. Did you dope? Yes. Did you dope during all your Tour de France wins? Yes. Aside from that he didn't really say anything else. No details about how he did it or who else did it with him etc.

It's all pretty gutting. While I was never really a big fan, I always wanted to believe. I wore the Livestrong bracelet for years. I did speeches in French at school about the Tour de France and my faith in him being clean etc.
Conned just like everyone else.

Don't believe for one second that he wasn't doing it when he came back in 2009.
[ Last edit by invisibleman18 January 20, 2013, 02:52 AM ] IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Lance Armstrong scandal « Reply #80 on: January 20, 2013, 06:21 AM »

I only listened to a brief clip of the interview on the BBC news.  That was enough for me.  Saying that he thinks he should be given a 'second chance' now that he has confessed all - but the worst bit was when he came appeared to be overcome with emotion trying to explain to Oprah how he'd told his son about it all.

He should be thoroughly ashamed of himself.  He's lied and cheated in the past so who's going to believe him now - and why would cycling want him back anyway?  And if he thought his little 'breakdown' re his son was going to melt hearts then he's very wrong indeed.  Anyone with any sense could see that this was put on for the benefit of the viewing public.  Ham acting at its worst.

The man's despicable.  Cycling doesn't interest me in the slightest but I believed the cancer story.  Yes there was some truth in it, but was that also largely a tissue of lies given how low Armstrong was prepared to stoop in order to get the public behind him?   I suppose the only good that came out of it was the setting up of the Lance Armstrong Foundation, which provides millions of dollars for cancer research and community-based programmes for people with cancer, but I sincerely hope they rename it now out of respect to the cancer sufferers it is designed to help.
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Lance Armstrong scandal « Reply #81 on: January 23, 2013, 09:09 AM »

If Wiggins cheated, his achievements mean even less than Armstrong's. By all accounts, the sport is much cleaner now.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »