Based on what? Why wouldn't I want life after death? I certainly haven't said I don't want it.
You are clearly searching for something that will confirm what you want to believe.
Based on the fact that you believe mind is only a product of the brain. This isn't a scientific fact. It is still a hypothesis.
And it has nothing to do with what I believe but even so, believe is such a relative matter. If I don’t go into believing that I’d win a Slam then chances are, I probably wouldn’t win one. So believe matters and it has the elements to alter things entirely.
In any case, NDEs are as real as they get; as in, they are happening to people everywhere all around the world, otherwise 8 million people in the US alone are simply lying. In fact, it’s becoming a phenomenon itself. Most of my links are from neurologists, physicians, scientists etc. Some of them have taken the matter very seriously because it requires serious attention. There’s a scientific research going on based on the evidence below so far:
1. Crystal clear Consciousness – greater than everyday life as the senses are heightened to maximum
2. Out of Body Experience – 100% accurate (extremely realistic content observation)
3. Heightened Senses – born blind people can have highly visible detailed experience
4. NDE under general anesthesia – impossible to have a conscious experience when you are both clinically dead and under general anesthesia
5. Perfect playback – panoramic life reviews - real events that took place on earth and future events
6. Encounter beings that are typically diseased relatives. Sometimes, they meet dead relatives they never knew even existed. Only found out after coming back to life
7. Children’s (age 5 or less) encounter of NDEs is identical to those of adults
8. NDEs appear remarkably consistent worldwide
9. Profound effects – life altering changes and very consistent pattern in almost all of them
You only want to argue though but I am more into researching it and finding out the truth. I have nothing to lose either way, but if there's something happening and if it's consistent, then I am certainly going to look into the matter before dismissing it – what I want to believe is irrelevant and not the subject here. Your door is closed on this matter based not on facts but simple assumptions. So you clearly have problems believing into something that goes against your entire belief system to the point that you don't even want to look into the matter. I can't be like that.