Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Jurgen Melzer, Wednesday, Time TBA - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  Life After Death 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Reply
Author

Life After Death

(Read 1099 times)
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Life After Death « Reply #15 on: June 24, 2012, 08:21 AM »

If you do believe in life after death, never hire a depressed exorcist because he won't be able to raise any spirits.

Youse on very good form  clap
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Boo hoo hoooooooo :'(

Re: Life After Death « Reply #16 on: June 24, 2012, 10:24 AM »

Oh and how is posting on an existing thread that covers peoples views and thoughts on the paranormal- which includes those who don't believe in it; or 'religious discussions' that is a place for any topic that can be linked to any religion, be seen as an 'extreme view'.

Basically what you're saying is, I'm better than you because I'm a 'person of possibilities' and you're existing threads are all too binding and wrong because they're not my view.

Whether you mean to or not, that's how you sound.

As I said to her the other day, she's utterly self-righteous.

I'll add self-obsessed too, having read more of her drivel here.
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: Life After Death « Reply #17 on: June 24, 2012, 11:44 AM »

I do believe in Life after Death as the time we spend on earth would be a complete waste.  I do believe in re-incarnation.  There have been too many incidents over the years to prove that this is so.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Life After Death « Reply #18 on: June 24, 2012, 12:18 PM »

I do believe in Life after Death as the time we spend on earth would be a complete waste.  I do believe in re-incarnation.  There have been too many incidents over the years to prove that this is so.
Tamila.....Have you read the 'Spooks, Spectres and the Supernatural' thread? It's where we post anything to do with the Paranormal. There are some great stories on there......I think you'll enjoy it! If you click on Chit Chat, you'll find it about half way down the page. There have also been some good debates on life after eath on the 'Religioes Discussions' thread. That's on Chit Chat too!
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Life After Death « Reply #19 on: June 26, 2012, 05:56 PM »

I so enjoyed watching this story.  It was so well told. It was like watching a movie in slow motion.  Two guys telling a story exactly like it is. Very authentic and moving.

IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Life After Death « Reply #20 on: July 27, 2012, 09:22 PM »

Excellent stuff here. Mark, when you get a chance, please watch it.

IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Life After Death « Reply #21 on: July 30, 2012, 08:28 PM »

IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Life After Death « Reply #22 on: July 31, 2012, 01:14 AM »

I am so incredibly addicted and fascinated by NDEs and all that stuff I am coming across lately that I strongly feel my life is changing slowly but steadily to a whole new direction, as most things don't attract me anymore these days. They all seem a bit too earthly, a bit too mundane, a bit too purposeless.

This is brilliant stuff. Book written by Pim van Lommel M. D. (Cardiologist) - Consciousness Beyond Life. Here's an interview with him.

IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Life After Death « Reply #23 on: July 31, 2012, 01:24 AM »

I am so incredibly addicted and fascinated by NDEs and all that stuff I am coming across lately that I strongly feel my life is changing slowly but steadily to a whole new direction, as most things don't attract me anymore these days. They all seem a bit too earthly, a bit too mundane, a bit too purposeless.

This is brilliant stuff. Book written by Pim van Lommel M. D. (Cardiologist) - Consciousness Beyond Life. Here's an interview with him.

It seems like you're looking for this stuff to be true, so you're naturally inclined to believe in it.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Life After Death « Reply #24 on: August 02, 2012, 12:41 AM »

Well, I can give you the same argument back, really.
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Life After Death « Reply #25 on: August 02, 2012, 01:22 AM »

Well, I can give you the same argument back, really.

Based on what? Why wouldn't I want life after death? I certainly haven't said I don't want it.

You are clearly searching for something that will confirm what you want to believe.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Life After Death « Reply #26 on: August 10, 2012, 09:13 PM »

Based on what? Why wouldn't I want life after death? I certainly haven't said I don't want it.

You are clearly searching for something that will confirm what you want to believe.

Based on the fact that you believe mind is only a product of the brain. This isn't a scientific fact. It is still a hypothesis.

And it has nothing to do with what I believe but even so, believe is such a relative matter. If I don’t go into believing that I’d win a Slam then chances are, I probably wouldn’t win one. So believe matters and it has the elements to alter things entirely.

In any case, NDEs are as real as they get; as in, they are happening to people everywhere all around the world, otherwise 8 million people in the US alone are simply lying. In fact, it’s becoming a phenomenon itself. Most of my links are from neurologists, physicians, scientists etc. Some of them have taken the matter very seriously because it requires serious attention. There’s a scientific research going on based on the evidence below so far:

1. Crystal clear Consciousness – greater than everyday life as the senses are heightened to maximum
2. Out of Body Experience – 100% accurate (extremely realistic content observation)
3. Heightened Senses – born blind people can have highly visible detailed experience
4. NDE under general anesthesia – impossible to have a conscious experience when you are both clinically dead and under general anesthesia
5. Perfect playback – panoramic life reviews - real events that took place on earth and future events
6. Encounter beings that are typically diseased relatives. Sometimes, they meet dead relatives they never knew even existed. Only found out after coming back to life
7. Children’s (age 5 or less) encounter of NDEs is identical to those of adults
8. NDEs appear remarkably consistent worldwide
9. Profound effects – life altering changes and very consistent pattern in almost all of them

You only want to argue though but I am more into researching it and finding out the truth. I have nothing to lose either way, but if there's something happening and if it's consistent, then I am certainly going to look into the matter before dismissing it – what I want to believe is irrelevant and not the subject here. Your door is closed on this matter based not on facts but simple assumptions. So you clearly have problems believing into something that goes against your entire belief system to the point that you don't even want to look into the matter. I can't be like that.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »