Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  Margaret Thatcher - good or bad? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: What do you think of Margaret Thatcher as a person?
Good. - 16 (41%)
Bad. - 23 (59%)
Total Voters: 38

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 44 Go Down Reply
Author

Margaret Thatcher - good or bad?

(Read 12850 times)
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Margaret Thatcher - good or bad? « Reply #45 on: February 11, 2008, 11:26 AM »

Done Smile
IP Logged
Sarah_
Top Seed

Re: Margaret Thatcher - good or bad? « Reply #46 on: February 11, 2008, 11:27 AM »

Good.     - (0%)
Bad.    -  (100%)

Well I think that is conclusive enough, don't you?

IP Logged
AL1874
Top Seed

What was I drinking last night?

Re: Margaret Thatcher - good or bad? « Reply #47 on: February 11, 2008, 11:28 AM »

We are still awaiting the pink vote Whistle
[ Last edit by AL1874 February 11, 2008, 11:29 AM ] IP Logged
AL1874
Top Seed

Re: Margaret Thatcher - good or bad? « Reply #48 on: February 11, 2008, 11:32 AM »

Sarah, you do realise you will be branded a liberal or part of the loony left for your extremist views? lmao

IP Logged
Sarah_
Top Seed

Re: Margaret Thatcher - good or bad? « Reply #49 on: February 11, 2008, 11:36 AM »

shocking, What will I do?! I'm sorry maggie, I truly am.
IP Logged
AL1874
Top Seed

Re: Margaret Thatcher - good or bad? « Reply #50 on: February 11, 2008, 11:38 AM »

Smile
IP Logged
Yamor
Top Seed

Re: Margaret Thatcher - good or bad? « Reply #51 on: February 11, 2008, 12:02 PM »

Al, concerning the israeli government, i believe that if the collateral damage is from targeting militants threating the safety of israeli citizens, then no i would not call them terrorists.
IP Logged
AL1874
Top Seed

Re: Margaret Thatcher - good or bad? « Reply #52 on: February 11, 2008, 12:38 PM »

So the Terrorists were hiding in a power station?

And the internal infrastructure they destroyed such as bridges just happened to have Terrorists on them at the time of the attack and it was all an unfortunate coincidence.

IP Logged
Yamor
Top Seed

Re: Margaret Thatcher - good or bad? « Reply #53 on: February 11, 2008, 12:54 PM »

Do we know why the Israeli military do anything? Do you really believe they do these things without any object in mind? Anyway, the power station saga was because they shut down the border to Israel for a few days, nothing more. Maybe not nice, and not humanitarian, but well within their rights to not provide goods etc to a state which is attacking them constantly with rockets. Also, remember that Israel anyway provides three quarters of the gaza strips electricity as it is. Israel also says that from the amount of fuel they had let through previously there were definitely enough reserves. They actually pointed to a Fatah press release from a couple of weeks before the border was shut which lambasted hamas for stealing fuel meant for civilians.
Concerning the bridges, I'm not sure what you're specifically talking about, but there was definitely no case where Israel targeted a civilian target without any strategic gain.

Remember as well that throughout this, rockets are falling in Israel constantly - a few hundred on some days! Which government in the world would stand by and do nothing to stop that. Its interesting that they haven't launched a ground offensive yet. (i actually just read that barack - the israeli defence minister - announced in parliament today that they are prepared for a ground incursion if the rocket attacks continue for much longer.)
IP Logged
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: Margaret Thatcher - good or bad? « Reply #54 on: February 11, 2008, 04:04 PM »

Maggie good or bad? N0t got a clue, I wasn't there.

As for all the other stuff, it's always going to be the case that groups are labelled correctly or incorrectly as one terrorist cell. It is the minority of Muslims who are terrorists, but I do feel that there are a rather alarming number of sympathisers in this country as well.....

The one thing that really annoys me, is people who do not integrate or make any effort to integrate into british society.

And I don't like the Islamic religion either. But then, I don't really like religion much at all. lol
IP Logged
Tommy
World No 1

woo hoo

Re: Margaret Thatcher - good or bad? « Reply #55 on: February 11, 2008, 08:13 PM »

Good: 30%
Bad: 70%

Well thats better than I expected from this liberal biased forum.
IP Logged
deedee
John McEnroe

Re: Margaret Thatcher - good or bad? « Reply #56 on: February 11, 2008, 08:45 PM »

The one thing that really annoys me, is people who do not integrate or make any effort to integrate into british society.

Or any society. I completely agree, it's terrible.
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

Re: Margaret Thatcher - good or bad? « Reply #57 on: February 11, 2008, 09:04 PM »

Good: 30%
Bad: 70%

Well thats better than I expected from this liberal biased forum.

And what, pray, is wrong with being a liberal?
IP Logged
Quackers
Murraymaniac

Re: Margaret Thatcher - good or bad? « Reply #58 on: February 11, 2008, 09:09 PM »

Ok, I know sod all about politics because I have as much interest in it as cars and driving (which bores the **** out of me!) but what is the definition of a liberal?
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

Re: Margaret Thatcher - good or bad? « Reply #59 on: February 11, 2008, 09:19 PM »

Liberalism refers to a broad array of related ideas and theories of government that consider individual liberty to be the most important political goal.[1] Liberalism has its roots in the Western Age of Enlightenment.

Broadly speaking, liberalism emphasizes individual rights and equality of opportunity. Different forms of liberalism may propose very different policies, but they are generally united by their support for a number of principles, including extensive freedom of thought and speech, limitations on the power of governments, the rule of law, the free exchange of ideas, a market or mixed economy, and a transparent system of government.[2] All liberals — as well as some adherents of other political ideologies — support some variant of the form of government known as liberal democracy, with open and fair elections, where all citizens have equal rights by law.[3]

Liberalism rejected many foundational assumptions that dominated most earlier theories of government, such as the Divine Right of Kings, hereditary status, and established religion. Social progressivism, the belief that traditions do not carry any inherent value and social practices ought to be continuously adjusted for the greater benefit of humanity, is a common component of liberal ideology.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 44 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »