Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  Margaret Thatcher - good or bad? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: What do you think of Margaret Thatcher as a person?
Good. - 16 (41%)
Bad. - 23 (59%)
Total Voters: 38

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 44 Go Down Reply
Author

Margaret Thatcher - good or bad?

(Read 12840 times)
Quackers
Murraymaniac

Re: Margaret Thatcher - good or bad? « Reply #60 on: February 11, 2008, 09:22 PM »

Ahhh thankyou Smile

I always thought I was a Lib Dem person but I'd be happy to leave the Royals where they are.
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

Re: Margaret Thatcher - good or bad? « Reply #61 on: February 11, 2008, 09:23 PM »

Well you dont have to adhere to all their policy uniformly. I imagine the only party that explicitly wants to keep the royals (correct me if I'm wrong on this) is the Conservatives, and to support them is a fairly large ideological jump.
IP Logged
Quackers
Murraymaniac

Re: Margaret Thatcher - good or bad? « Reply #62 on: February 11, 2008, 09:30 PM »

Ahhh I see.  I suppose no body can agree 100% with any polictical group.  That would be too freaky lol
IP Logged
Sarah_
Top Seed

Re: Margaret Thatcher - good or bad? « Reply #63 on: February 12, 2008, 07:44 PM »

Ahhh I see.  I suppose no body can agree 100% with any polictical group.  That would be too freaky lol

Oh you would be suprised at just how many do.
IP Logged
Quackers
Murraymaniac

Re: Margaret Thatcher - good or bad? « Reply #64 on: February 12, 2008, 07:49 PM »

Hmmmm, maybe I just find it hard to believe any could be that interested in politics lol
IP Logged
Sarah_
Top Seed

Re: Margaret Thatcher - good or bad? « Reply #65 on: February 12, 2008, 07:50 PM »

Hmmmm, maybe I just find it hard to believe any could be that interested in politics lol

... Many are believe me, there are people in my politics class, are 100% conservative, and more worryingly, some who are 100% BNP, no one can sway them
IP Logged
Quackers
Murraymaniac

Re: Margaret Thatcher - good or bad? « Reply #66 on: February 12, 2008, 07:53 PM »

Woah!  Crazy crazy people ... :P
IP Logged
AL1874
Top Seed

What was I drinking last night?

Re: Margaret Thatcher - good or bad? « Reply #67 on: February 13, 2008, 10:16 AM »

... Many are believe me, there are people in my politics class, are 100% conservative, and more worryingly, some who are 100% BNP, no one can sway them

I’m afraid it is all part of the democratic process and they are all entitled to hold there views no matter how extreme or obnoxious they may be.

That is the problem I would have if political parties start getting state funding, I would hate the idea that my taxes may be going to fund a party who’s thinly veiled racist policies I find nauseating.
[ Last edit by AL1874 February 13, 2008, 06:31 PM ] IP Logged
Yamor
Top Seed

Re: Margaret Thatcher - good or bad? « Reply #68 on: February 13, 2008, 11:16 AM »

Finally something I agree with you about, Al!
I also hate that politics is so much about money nowadays. The current contest in America is the worst example of that! It basically means that he who gets the most money wins...
IP Logged
AL1874
Top Seed

What was I drinking last night?

Re: Margaret Thatcher - good or bad? « Reply #69 on: February 13, 2008, 11:22 AM »

The law of averages, it had to happen some time  yes
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Margaret Thatcher - good or bad? « Reply #70 on: May 08, 2011, 05:21 PM »

... and for those who hate Margaret Thatcher and wish her dead, it may be that your wish is about to be granted in the near future as I read that she is failing and has not been seen for 2 months ...
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Margaret Thatcher - good or bad? « Reply #71 on: May 08, 2011, 06:35 PM »

http://www.isthatcherdeadyet.co.uk/
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Margaret Thatcher - good or bad? « Reply #72 on: May 08, 2011, 06:42 PM »

Reading this thread just reminds me of how idiotic Tommy is.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Margaret Thatcher - good or bad? « Reply #73 on: May 08, 2011, 08:35 PM »

Margaret Thatcher did so much damage in Scotland.  She virtualy closed all the coal mines, steel works, and shipyards. Then used us to try out the poll tax which caused riots in Scotland as well as England. There is very little love for her here. She was only interested in the upper classes and those with plenty of money
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Margaret Thatcher - good or bad? « Reply #74 on: May 09, 2011, 10:52 AM »

I can't be bothered arguing about it, but I'll just say one point: i believe the industries in the UK were destroyed, but I don't think the economy could've held them up. Take for example the miners, it doesn't make sense that the government should make such a loss on the mines just to keep people employed. It might have had a short-term disadvantage, but in the long run, the manufactering industry would never have survived except with huge government support. This is especially true nowadays with the 3rd world economies providing such cheap labour. It made sense to convert the country to a more service based economy then it already was. Medicine always tastes bad.
I'm with you on this Yamor.........there was some good and some bad!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 44 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »