Andy Murray vs Andreas Seppi, Saturday, Estimated time - 4:30pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld  >  Chit Chat  >  Margaret Thatcher - good or bad?
Poll
What do you think of Margaret Thatcher as a person?
Good. - 16 (41%)
Bad. - 23 (59%)
Total Voters: 38

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 [43] 44 Reply

Margaret Thatcher - good or bad?

I was only 14 when she came into power and didn't vote until I was in my 30's and paid little attention to what any politician said.
IP Logged

I was only 14 when she came into power and didn't vote until I was in my 30's and paid little attention to what any politician said.

OK.    We'll agree that Thatcher was not worth listening to.
IP Logged

Why is AMAZING not an option....?

I am a Thatcherite... as many here shall know! Best PM this country has had since the war. no doubt.
IP Logged
Caz

I am a Thatcherite... as many here shall know! Best PM this country has had since the war. no doubt.
  yes
IP Logged

Why was "evil" not an option?   I, too, had to be content with an understatement.
IP Logged
Joe

Could you explain why you think that please, Tommy?
IP Logged

The woman was wired to the moon
IP Logged

Could you explain why you think that please, Tommy?

He's a conservative. But he's not a conservative who really cares about substance. He just loves anything that's conservative.

He even thought Sarah Palin would make a great US President.
IP Logged

^ He has a name.  You should use it as a measure of respect.
IP Logged

It seems like a vulgar trend in the mind's of Conservatives. I had a friend at the school I just left a few weeks ago, who attacked the political views of three members of my table in an undignified manner. Her attack on me was heinous, I quote 'You support Liberal Democrats, you should be locked up'. Unjustified and crude perspective.
IP Logged

^ He has a name.  You should use it as a measure of respect.

Respect should be earned.
IP Logged

Why have I not earned respect as a human being? Thank You, Elly.

And for your knowledge, Clydey.... I am a very informed centre-right voter. I am also highly involved in politics and I was the Vice Chairman of my College Republicans club in my college.

I am pro-life. I am pro-gay marriage. I am for limited government. I am for a strong defense.

Sarah Palin is given a horrible rap by people around the world but she is not nearly as bad as people think. I just met her in Washington about 2 weeks ago. A LOVELY lady who is extremely friendly. I do not agree with her on everything, but I like her. However, I don't think she will every be president, nor would she ever win an election.

When it comes to Thatcher, you either love her or you hate her. There is no doubt about that. I personally respect the change she brought about in Britian. Bringing inflation under control. Her legacy of free trade, free markets, a smaller government, and lower taxes are all to the core of my economic ideology. I am a big time old fashioned economic liberal... which is the policy embraced by Tories and other centre-right parties today.

We may strongly disagree on issues, but I think we should all still be civil and respectful.
IP Logged

Limited government but pro-life.

Hmm...
IP Logged

Yep. Against abortion (except in rape, incest, life of mother situations) just like I'm against murder.

One of the limited responsibilities I (and I think most) give it is the responsibility to enforce certain laws that keep our streets safe. That stop crimes like murder. And abortion to me...is murder.

Now I also don't expect abortion to be outlawed and I am not actively trying to get the laws changed. I think that could hurt more lives through failed back alley abortions. BUT I am personally pro-life, yes.
IP Logged

So you're for "murder" in the case of rape, incest, or for the life of the mother?

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 [43] 44 Reply