Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Jurgen Melzer, Wednesday, Time TBA - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 144 Go Down Reply
Author

Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment?

(Read 37765 times)
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #105 on: April 20, 2010, 09:08 PM »

I'm fully to blame for getting tonsillitis, I have a good immune system but when I have excessive sugar in take, my defences seem to suffer and thus I get ill. It's the same pattern for me every time without fail.

That's really interesting ..... I wonder what that means?  did you ever ask your quack?  I'd knock off the sugar if I were you, or, at the very least, cut it back dramatically.  Your bod is trying to tell you something.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #106 on: April 20, 2010, 09:09 PM »

I've read and heard white sugar cane does lower your defences but not sure if any scientific studies have proven this.

Regardless though, purely from personal experience I'm almost certain this is the case for my body at least.
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #107 on: April 20, 2010, 09:10 PM »

I've read and heard white sugar cane does lower your defences but not sure if any scientific studies have proven this.

Regardless though, purely from personal experience I'm almost certain this is the case for my body at least.

Be careful then .... listen to your body ....
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #108 on: April 20, 2010, 09:11 PM »

Suddenly realised that my hand has gone numb Think slightly worrying
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #109 on: April 20, 2010, 09:11 PM »

That's really interesting ..... I wonder what that means?  did you ever ask your quack?  I'd knock off the sugar if I were you, or, at the very least, cut it back dramatically.  Your bod is trying to tell you something.
It happens when I have much more sugar than my body is used to, if my general diet included high white cane sugar then I would probably be ill every week.
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #110 on: April 20, 2010, 09:12 PM »

It happens when I have much more sugar than my body is used to, if my general diet was high white cane sugar then I would probably be ill every week.

What did you eat that contained all this sugar ??
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #111 on: April 20, 2010, 09:13 PM »

What did you eat that contained all this sugar ??
4 Twisters in a day, 3 the previous day.

I pigged out and paid the price.
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #112 on: April 20, 2010, 09:13 PM »

Suddenly realised that my hand has gone numb Think slightly worrying

I'm thinking you need to get an appointment and get an update on your situation .....
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #113 on: April 20, 2010, 09:13 PM »

4 Twisters in a day.

That does sound rather sickening yes
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #114 on: April 20, 2010, 09:14 PM »

4 Twisters in a day, 3 the previous day.

UTTERNUTTER ......  lol
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #115 on: April 20, 2010, 09:14 PM »

I'm thinking you need to get an appointment and get an update on your situation .....

Got one for Thursday

It's more the cold of my hand that causes the numbness but does show that something is pressing on the nerve Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #116 on: April 20, 2010, 09:15 PM »

Got one for Thursday

It's more the cold of my hand that causes the numbness but does show that something is pressing on the nerve Rolling Eyes

DEFINITELY need to get it tco'd .....
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #117 on: April 20, 2010, 09:16 PM »

Okay decided, heading off, mucking around on the computer probably isn't doing me any good Smile Going to take nice strong painkillers and have then have an early night.
Hope you keep feeling better Mark
wave
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #118 on: April 20, 2010, 09:17 PM »

Okay decided, heading off, mucking around on the computer probably isn't doing me any good Smile Going to take nice strong painkillers and have then have an early night.
wave

Get the electric blanket on and the teddybear tucked in ... great night to catch up on the next two chapters of the current book - that's what I'm going to do ....
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #119 on: April 20, 2010, 09:25 PM »

wave
G'night, Hazel.  Cosy down.  yes
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 144 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »