Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 97 [98] 99 100 101 ... 144 Go Down Reply
Author

Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment?

(Read 39592 times)
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1455 on: April 09, 2012, 04:52 AM »

Yep, I couldn't understand why antibiotics had been prescribed to a third of the Americans in the article I'd posted - they are useless against the common cold.

Sorry, I forgot that you can't have chocolate.  hug  I used to like Cadbury's Instant Break but they don't do that here Frown
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1456 on: April 09, 2012, 12:48 PM »

Aileen I know what you mean, I am a type 2 diabetic as well and yesterday everyone kept asking me would you like some chocolate. I finally gave in and had a little but felt really guilty afterward. But I have had my flu jabs every winter and had no ill effects yet when I was working I always felt ill after it. Must be psychology the thought of work after having it.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1457 on: April 10, 2012, 07:29 PM »

Aileen I know what you mean, I am a type 2 diabetic as well and yesterday everyone kept asking me would you like some chocolate. I finally gave in and had a little but felt really guilty afterward. But I have had my flu jabs every winter and had no ill effects yet when I was working I always felt ill after it. Must be psychology the thought of work after having it.
I do have the occasional sweet thing.  The Clinic told me that was OK provided I had it after a meal so that my BS would rise more slowly.  Still have occasional icecream in the summer too!

I must admit when I was working I used to feel more tired than normal for 3 or 4 days after my jab but put it down to the fact that my immune system was also working hard to build up the necessary antibodies.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1458 on: April 10, 2012, 07:33 PM »

Not ill exactly - but had tooth extracted this afternoon, and I'm terrified of going to the dentist and this is my 3rd extraction since December, but thankfully that's the end of it. Had to go back an hour ago though because the socket was still bleeding, but apparently it isn't any cause for alarm. Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1459 on: April 10, 2012, 09:12 PM »

Aileen I was still working when I was diagnosed. I came home exhausted and would go to bed and sleep until 5pm. Went for my BP check gave a urine sample and found I was diabetic. Now I still get a bit tired but not as bad as I was before I retired. I try hard but  have something sweet but like you I do not like those diabetic products. Hope your tooth is okay now I hate going to the dentist. Must admit I have not had any problems with Flu jabs since I retired.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1460 on: April 10, 2012, 09:51 PM »

Aileen I was still working when I was diagnosed. I came home exhausted and would go to bed and sleep until 5pm. Went for my BP check gave a urine sample and found I was diabetic. Now I still get a bit tired but not as bad as I was before I retired. I try hard but  have something sweet but like you I do not like those diabetic products. Hope your tooth is okay now I hate going to the dentist. Must admit I have not had any problems with Flu jabs since I retired.
I must have had it for quite a long time before I was diagnosed.  I know I used to feel thirsty a lot, and should have had more sense and recognised the symptoms because my Dad and his mother both had Type 2.  It was only when I went to my GP with an inexplicable numb sensation on part of my right foot that a test was done and my sugar level was so high I got an appointment at the Clinic within 48 hours - in fact it was so high they couldn't understand why I didn't feel really ill!

Tooth will be fine, thanks.  A bit annoying though as I had all my own teeth until 5 years ago.  However, I've still got a heck of a lot more than some people my age!
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1461 on: April 11, 2012, 03:50 PM »

Still got most of mine but lost a lot of my back chewing teeth, also one missing from the front. The dentist wanted to put a crown in its cost a fortune so I said no.
IP Logged
Iris
ATP Level

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1462 on: April 12, 2012, 01:30 PM »

I'm getting the last of my teeth out in a few weeks time so I am now plucking up the courage.  All my teeth were ruined by a school dentist when I was in primary school.  Its a pity they did not have dental hygiene classes in those days!
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1463 on: April 12, 2012, 01:35 PM »

I know what you mean Iris I hated the school dentist they were so rough. Must admit that its only lately that I have been to the dentist and its totally different these days. Still got most of them but my molars are gone.
IP Logged
Iris
ATP Level

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1464 on: April 12, 2012, 01:37 PM »

I think it doesn't matter how good your present dentist is (mine is brilliant) I cannot forget the one from my schooldays, he was in the wrong profession he should have been a butcher!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1465 on: April 12, 2012, 07:36 PM »

I think it doesn't matter how good your present dentist is (mine is brilliant) I cannot forget the one from my schooldays, he was in the wrong profession he should have been a butcher!
I didn't have a school dentist but used to go to the only dentist locally.  Of course you only went when you had toothache - no such things as regular check-ups then - and the outcome was an extraction, with no local anaesthetic.  First two visits were fine, then we got a new dentist, and he made a complete mess of extracting a tooth (he did have the reputation of being a butcher).  I've been terrified of dentists ever since, no matter how good they are.  I reckon been very lucky in that I have naturally strong teeth, because I didn't start having check-ups until I was about 15.

Anyway good luck!! 

IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1466 on: April 12, 2012, 09:15 PM »

Well I think I can say that my back can stand up to 2 and a half to 3 days of back to back Whistle work. Was in agony this stage last week and the same today Frown I'm sore my arms and back have constant stabbing pains and I'm so exhausted that I'll be in bed in under an hour. Also slightly worryingly I keep getting a tingling feeling in my back and then a period of numbness Think
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1467 on: April 12, 2012, 09:40 PM »

Well I think I can say that my back can stand up to 2 and a half to 3 days of back to back Whistle work. Was in agony this stage last week and the same today Frown I'm sore my arms and back have constant stabbing pains and I'm so exhausted that I'll be in bed in under an hour. Also slightly worryingly I keep getting a tingling feeling in my back and then a period of numbness Think
Hazel - I can't believe that nothing can be done to help you.  I wonder if you've thought of alternative medicine?  If so you might consider visiting the Jan de Vries shop in Edinburgh.  This is the one near me in Newington Road, but he also has a clinic in York Place.  He quite often gives short consultations for free, and even if he isn't around his staff are well-trained and very helpful.  I've consulted him, and he most certainly isn't a charlatan! - http://www.jandevrieshealth.co.uk/shop_edinburgh.asp

I passed the same info on to Nigel so he's considering going to a shop/clinic where he lives about his "meat and two veg" problem.

Check the "About Us" and you'll find out all about him.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1468 on: April 13, 2012, 01:53 AM »

I did read your link about that Aileen.  Wondered why all their stores were in the north though Think
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1469 on: April 13, 2012, 02:04 AM »

I did read your link about that Aileen.  Wondered why all their stores were in the north though Think
They aren't.  They're all over the UK.  Trouble is Google knows my location is Scotland so keeps throwing these stores up.  I had to google Nigel's one independently because I knew he lived in Lancashire.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 97 [98] 99 100 101 ... 144 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »