Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs David Ferrer, Saturday, Time: 2pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 111 [112] 113 114 115 ... 144 Go Down Reply
Author

Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment?

(Read 38380 times)
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1665 on: January 12, 2013, 10:57 PM »

Thank you both.
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1666 on: January 12, 2013, 11:05 PM »

Mr A was taken into hospital with epileptic type seizures and complete loss of short term memory on 21st December.  Originally they thought it was encephalitis possibly caused by a brain or some other tumour.  Thankfully they have now decided that it is adult onset epilepsy - not great but infinitely preferable to the alternative.  They are slowly managing to control the seizures and his memory is gradually returning.  I'm hoping we might get home by next weekend - in time for the second week of the Aussie Open.  I can't wait - living in a hotel for weeks on end is not much fun and I'm missing my dogs!!

hug That's awful Alis. I'll be praying that he continues to improve and that you get home soon hug
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1667 on: January 12, 2013, 11:18 PM »

Mr A was taken into hospital with epileptic type seizures and complete loss of short term memory on 21st December.  Originally they thought it was encephalitis possibly caused by a brain or some other tumour.  Thankfully they have now decided that it is adult onset epilepsy - not great but infinitely preferable to the alternative.  They are slowly managing to control the seizures and his memory is gradually returning.  I'm hoping we might get home by next weekend - in time for the second week of the Aussie Open.  I can't wait - living in a hotel for weeks on end is not much fun and I'm missing my dogs!!

My best wishes to Mr A, Alis. And here's me complaining about a head cold. I believe most seizures can be well contained by medication these days.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1668 on: January 12, 2013, 11:38 PM »

Thank you all for your good wishes.  Epilepsy isn't great but when I think of what we thought the alternatives might be over the last three weeks I'm quite euphoric! 
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1669 on: January 13, 2013, 01:42 AM »

lol Aileen. Maybe because I hear it so often from our Naturopath. And also leaky gut.

Alis, I'm sorry to hear about your hubbys condition. We have a friend in the UK that has epilepsy but has it managed with medication.

Hazel, best of luck with your treatment.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1670 on: January 14, 2013, 12:22 AM »

Oh Alis.. I'm so sorry to hear about your husband. This is for you: hug
Hope you are both back to the sanctuary of your home very soon.
IP Logged
maxply
Futures Level

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1671 on: January 14, 2013, 01:20 AM »

Hope you are both home very soon,that will make you feel so much better. 
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1672 on: January 15, 2013, 12:55 AM »

A friend of ours went to visit a Turkish family he knows last week- a widow and her 4 kids, well one is in first year at Glasgow uni doing medicine and the others go down to age of 8.
Got there and discovered the mum not well, she has trapped nerves in spine from collapsed discs.
Took her to dr who sent her to A&E. They think she has had a stroke but not sure. She's 35 and there's no one else here for the kids family wise if something happens to her Frown Our friend who is their honorary grandpa has been looking after them but it's heartbreaking as they wait to find out what's wrong and if she can get better Frown
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1673 on: January 15, 2013, 09:33 AM »

That's very sad......especially at such a young age. I do hope she'll make a good recovery!
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1674 on: January 17, 2013, 11:02 AM »

Getting so nervous it's ridiculous! It's not the procedure that worries me it's the sheer panic about not knowing if it will help and if it does to what extent nervous My appointments at 2.45, I'd appreciate anyone's prayers (even if you don't believe and think you're talking to thin air then God will still hear and I'll be thankful Smile )
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1675 on: January 17, 2013, 11:30 AM »

Getting so nervous it's ridiculous! It's not the procedure that worries me it's the sheer panic about not knowing if it will help and if it does to what extent nervous My appointments at 2.45, I'd appreciate anyone's prayers (even if you don't believe and think you're talking to thin air then God will still hear and I'll be thankful Smile )
  Noted. I'll see what i can do!  Good Luck.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1676 on: January 17, 2013, 12:27 PM »

Dont worry Hazy...just chill.
All the best!
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1677 on: January 17, 2013, 12:52 PM »

Will do.    A bit out of practice but will try it out again.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1678 on: January 17, 2013, 06:32 PM »

You will be fine calm down do some deep breathing nice and slow. Try to keep calm I'm sure you will feel better.  Hope everything goes well for you.
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1679 on: January 17, 2013, 07:11 PM »

Well I am congested, with a droopy eye that doesn't focus 100% (only temporary) but currently has less pain in the right arm. Let's now wait and see what happens when the local/steriods wear off as to whether it stays less painful.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 111 [112] 113 114 115 ... 144 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »