Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 119 [120] 121 122 123 ... 144 Go Down Reply
Author

Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment?

(Read 36441 times)
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1785 on: June 05, 2013, 04:17 PM »

Going to the doctors to be tested for anemia. That's going to affect my tennis playing really badly
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1786 on: June 05, 2013, 04:17 PM »

Going to the doctors to be tested for anemia. That's going to affect my tennis playing really badly

No you'll just have to look after yourself and take iron supplements Smile
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1787 on: June 05, 2013, 04:18 PM »

No you'll just have to look after yourself and take iron supplements Smile

Yeah, but it means your susceptible to loss of breath, and my game style is all about fitness etc. 
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1788 on: June 05, 2013, 04:19 PM »

Yeah, but it means your susceptible to loss of breath, and my game style is all about fitness etc. 

But if you 'treat' it then it will effect you less Smile
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1789 on: June 05, 2013, 04:20 PM »

But if you 'treat' it then it will effect you less Smile

Yes, but still, I won't be able to play as intense as normal.
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1790 on: June 05, 2013, 04:24 PM »

Yes, but still, I won't be able to play as intense as normal.

Yeah well I can't make it over a week without passing out requiring almost 24/7 supervision from my family. Oh yeah and I feel like I'm being electrocuted all day every day.

Adjust your game and deal with it
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1791 on: June 05, 2013, 04:48 PM »

Yeah well I can't make it over a week without passing out requiring almost 24/7 supervision from my family. Oh yeah and I feel like I'm being electrocuted all day every day.

Adjust your game and deal with it

Hazy,I'm so sorry to hear what you have to go through Frown I hope someone can help you with it soon hug

Gangsta,forgive me if I'm misunderstanding you,but if they suspect you have untreated anemia and it turns out you do,then you're probably already experiencing the affects of it-just without knowing it.

Seems to me that surely if you then take the supplements,or do whatever it is that's required to treat it,then you'll actually be in better shape than you were before,because everything will be in the correct working order in your body again?
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1792 on: June 05, 2013, 04:51 PM »

Hazy,I'm so sorry to hear what you have to go through Frown I hope someone can help you with it soon hug

Gangsta,forgive me if I'm misunderstanding you,but if they suspect you have untreated anemia and it turns out you do,then you're probably already experiencing the affects of it-just without knowing it.

Seems to me that surely if you then take the supplements,or do whatever it is that's required to treat it,then you'll actually be in better shape than you were before,because everything will be in the correct working order in your body again?

The symptons I have that match the tin, so to speak is, shortage of breath, stomach pains (sometimes extreme cramping pains) and some others that I don't want to mention.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1793 on: June 05, 2013, 04:56 PM »

The symptons I have that match the tin, so to speak is, shortage of breath, stomach pains (sometimes extreme cramping pains) and some others that I don't want to mention.

I'm sorry to hear that Frown But if it turns out that you do indeed have anemia,then hopefully treating that will clear them right up,and you'll feel much better! hug

I really don't think you need to worry about not being able to play tennis intensely if it turns out you have it though-if anything,I'd think that once you've got the problem treated,you'll be in better shape than before,and be able to play as intensely as ever,if not more so!  cmon yeah
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1794 on: June 05, 2013, 04:58 PM »

I'm sorry to hear that Frown But if it turns out that you do indeed have anemia,then hopefully treating that will clear them right up,and you'll feel much better! hug

I really don't think you need to worry about not being able to play tennis intensely if it turns out you have it though-if anything,I'd think that once you've got the problem treated,you'll be in better shape than before,and be able to play as intensely as ever,if not more so!  cmon yeah

The reason why I worry about my tennis is because there's this girl that went to my primary school who had anemia and she passed out during a playing session. She was taken to hospital and discharged 3 days later. She was also being treated for it.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1795 on: June 05, 2013, 05:10 PM »

The reason why I worry about my tennis is because there's this girl that went to my primary school who had anemia and she passed out during a playing session. She was taken to hospital and discharged 3 days later. She was also being treated for it.

Poor girl,that must have been horrible for her Frown And I can see why that would worry you!
But it sounds like the treatment wasn't working in her case,the poor thing.

The reason I don't think you would need to worry though,is that you've been playing intensely while not having any treatment.If this does turn out to be the problem,then while it might take a little while to get the treatment dosage just right for you and for it to work for you,hopefully then not only will you feel better,you really will be in better shape than before and be able to go on playing just as you did even when affected!
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1796 on: June 05, 2013, 05:11 PM »

I'm in a bit of a similar position to you at the moment Gangsta-it's suspected that I have coeliac disease,so in a few weeks time I have to go and be tested for it.

But before that I have to eat LOADS of food containing gluten,because if there isn't enough gluten in your body,when you're tested,you can get a negative back even when it should be positive.It's such a PAIN-I hate bread,and yet I'm stuffing myself with it! Rolling Eyes

I do have a lot of the symptoms,so it would be a nice to have an explanation for them (not to mention I really hope I haven't been eating all these bread products for nothing!) But on the other hand,I really don't want to find I'm not able to eat any foods with gluten in them. Frown Siiigh.
[ Last edit by xxdanixx June 05, 2013, 05:43 PM ] IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1797 on: June 05, 2013, 05:50 PM »

Gangsta I am sure one you have your medication you will be fine. You are young and your anemia will be treated just a matter of getting your medication right. So please do not worry I am sure your health problem will be sorted out.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1798 on: June 05, 2013, 05:55 PM »

Hope your tests come back negative xxdanixx . My neighbour has coeliac disease and has a special diet. There are lots of gluten free foods you can eat but they are quite expensive and depending were you live I know he gets a lot of his products from Boots the Chemist. Of course he doesn't pay as he gets them through the NHS.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1799 on: June 05, 2013, 06:08 PM »

Thanks LB!Yeah,the good thing about gluten-free foods is that thankfully the range of them is expanding all the time,so if I do end up having to go down that route then hopefully I'll still have choices.But I'm not going to think too much about that until/unless I have to!
[ Last edit by xxdanixx June 05, 2013, 06:15 PM ] IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 119 [120] 121 122 123 ... 144 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »