Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Grigor Dimitrov, Thursday, Estimated time - 1:30pm GMT - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 120 [121] 122 123 124 ... 144 Go Down Reply
Author

Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment?

(Read 39048 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1800 on: June 05, 2013, 06:12 PM »

I'm in a bit of a similar position to you at the moment Gangsta-it's suspected that I have coeliac disease,so in a few weeks time I have to go and be tested for it.

But before that I have to eat LOADS of food containing gluten,because if there isn't enough gluten in your body,when you're tested,you can get a negative back even when it should be positive.It's such a PAIN-I hate bread,and yet I'm stuffing myself with it! Rolling Eyes

I do have a lot of the symptoms,so it would be a nice to have an explanation for them (not to mention I really hope I haven't been eating all these bread products for nothing!) But on the other hand,I really don't want to find I'm not able to eat any foods with gluten in them. Frown Siiigh.
dani - I was suspected of having coeliac, but a test came up negative, and I do eat a lot of foods containing gluten, so I hope yours does too.

[ Last edit by Aileen June 05, 2013, 06:17 PM ] IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1801 on: June 05, 2013, 06:13 PM »

Anemia. That's a nice word, I might name my daughter that.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1802 on: June 05, 2013, 06:17 PM »

Well I'm going to jump on the band-waggon here.

Today I was told, what I'd suspected for a long time, i.e. that I have form of bipolar disorder.  Whilst I don't relish taking any more medication, especially lithium, which is basically a toxic substance so you have to have regular blood tests and drink lots of fluid to keep flushing it out your system, at least I know definitely what the problem is that's been bugging me for the last three years and has got to the point where it's wrecking my life.  Have to have a blood test first though, plus an ECG.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1803 on: June 05, 2013, 06:20 PM »

I know about Lithium Aileen I know it can work very well but you do have to have regular blood tests for toxicity. But as long as it works and you are closely monitored it can bring benefits into your life. It should stop the drastic mood changes that are causing you so much upset are you going to be taking it in combination with other drugs. Let me know how you get on.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1804 on: June 05, 2013, 06:21 PM »

dani - I was suspected of having coeliac, but a test came up negative, and I do eat a lot of foods containing gluten, so I hope yours does too.

Thanks Aileen,that's good to hear! hug I hope so too!

Of course,if it turns out that I don't have it,then I'll still be left with the puzzle of why I'm experiencing so many of the symptoms of it  Think

But still!Either way,I'll have some answers in a few weeks hopefully  pray
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1805 on: June 05, 2013, 06:24 PM »

Well I'm going to jump on the band-waggon here.

Today I was told, what I'd suspected for a long time, i.e. that I have form of bipolar disorder.  Whilst I don't relish taking any more medication, especially lithium, which is basically a toxic substance so you have to have regular blood tests and drink lots of fluid to keep flushing it out your system, at least I know definitely what the problem is that's been bugging me for the last three years and has got to the point where it's wrecking my life.  Have to have a blood test first though, plus an ECG.

Oh Aileen,that's big news to get! hug

I'm so sorry to hear that it's been affecting so much of your life-hopefully now that you know and can take steps accordingly then things will pick up for you.If there's anything any of us can do,please let us know!
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1806 on: June 05, 2013, 06:31 PM »

Aileen, to me you are not bipolar, you are -

IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1807 on: June 05, 2013, 06:34 PM »

Aileen if you want some information about Lithium you might look up Dr John Cade Melbourne Australia I worked at Royal Park Hospital whilst living there. He did a lot of research on Lithium Carbonate in fact he did all the research on it. I am sure you will find all the information you require.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1808 on: June 05, 2013, 06:38 PM »

I know about Lithium Aileen I know it can work very well but you do have to have regular blood tests for toxicity. But as long as it works and you are closely monitored it can bring benefits into your life. It should stop the drastic mood changes that are causing you so much upset are you going to be taking it in  combination with other drugs. Let me know how you get on.
For the moment I'll be taking it along with other medication I'm on just now.  I know it can work well because I've known people who've had to take it.  I am though very angry with my GP because I've been requesting a referral to the Royal Edinburgh for the past year or so, and he wouldn't give me one.  Fortunately when he was on holiday recently I saw his locum and she agreed that more expert help was needed.  The psychiatrist I saw today (he visited me at home) was really nice and he's going to talk to my GP about what needs to be done.

Aileen if you want some information about Lithium you might look up Dr John Cade Melbourne Australia I worked at Royal Park Hospital whilst living there. He did a lot of research on Lithium Carbonate in fact he did all the research on it. I am sure you will find all the information you require.
Thanks LB.  I'll have a look at that.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1809 on: June 05, 2013, 06:44 PM »

Aileen, to me you are not bipolar, you are -

lol  Thanks PE.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1810 on: June 05, 2013, 06:47 PM »

Oh Aileen,that's big news to get! hug

I'm so sorry to hear that it's been affecting so much of your life-hopefully now that you know and can take steps accordingly then things will pick up for you.If there's anything any of us can do,please let us know!
Thank you too dani.  Actually being on MW has helped me get through a lot of this, and a handful of members already know about my constant spells of depression and have been very supportive.  Bless you all. bigarmhug
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1811 on: June 05, 2013, 11:05 PM »

Glad we can be of some help to you Aileen Smile there are plenty on here very fond of you  hug
IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1812 on: June 05, 2013, 11:22 PM »

Thank you too dani.  Actually being on MW has helped me get through a lot of this, and a handful of members already know about my constant spells of depression and have been very supportive.  Bless you all. bigarmhug
Glad to know this awful depression will soon be under your control Aileen.
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

The great British player will be back!

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1813 on: June 05, 2013, 11:26 PM »

Your welcome Aileen lol
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1814 on: June 05, 2013, 11:29 PM »

I love diazepam  Weedman doesn't take all the pain away but relaxes me to the point where I don't care Very Happy
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 120 [121] 122 123 124 ... 144 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »