Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 124 [125] 126 127 128 ... 140 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment?  (Read 32828 times)
Connor
World No 1

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1860 on: June 09, 2013, 06:54 PM »

It's lovely to belong isn't it? To have people to talk to who will sympathise and cheer you. MW has all those attributes.

You're welcome Jan. Glad I could be of assistance to you. #humble
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1861 on: June 09, 2013, 07:13 PM »

Well I'm going to jump on the band-waggon here.

Today I was told, what I'd suspected for a long time, i.e. that I have form of bipolar disorder.  Whilst I don't relish taking any more medication, especially lithium, which is basically a toxic substance so you have to have regular blood tests and drink lots of fluid to keep flushing it out your system, at least I know definitely what the problem is that's been bugging me for the last three years and has got to the point where it's wrecking my life.  Have to have a blood test first though, plus an ECG.

Glad you have got a diagnosis, although it's a pain, I find knowing what is wrong with me, means I worry less. When they first diagnosed me with Fibromyalgia (on top of every thing else), it meant a whole collection of weird symptoms were suddenly explained. I could then ignore them without worrying. As for the blood tests I have to have them monthly. They have just become part of my normal routine. On a positive note I can usually win the "how many tablets do you take each day game?".
I decided to play on my health problems recently - in a good cause. I am confidently expecting a Golden Postbox Fridge Magnet to appear soon, to cheer me up, courtesy of an Edinburgh friend....!!!

Hope things start looking up for you soon. Chronic illness can get very wearisome.:-)
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1862 on: June 09, 2013, 08:20 PM »

Glad you have got a diagnosis, although it's a pain, I find knowing what is wrong with me, means I worry less. When they first diagnosed me with Fibromyalgia (on top of every thing else), it meant a whole collection of weird symptoms were suddenly explained. I could then ignore them without worrying. As for the blood tests I have to have them monthly. They have just become part of my normal routine. On a positive note I can usually win the "how many tablets do you take each day game?".
I decided to play on my health problems recently - in a good cause. I am confidently expecting a Golden Postbox Fridge Magnet to appear soon, to cheer me up, courtesy of an Edinburgh friend....!!!

Hope things start looking up for you soon. Chronic illness can get very wearisome.:-)
Thank you Masaka.  I'm so sorry you've had so many problems yourself.  My one great relief is that I am not in constant pain because I don't know how I would cope with that, especially as I can't tolerate any pain-killing drugs.  I've been having regular blood tests for some years because I have type 2 diabetes, so that doesn't bother me, although it bothers the people who try to get the blood out of me because I have deep-seated veins which tend to be very uncooperative!

Hope you get the magnet soon.  I'm sure it'll brighten you up. hug

IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1863 on: June 09, 2013, 09:00 PM »

Thank you Masaka.  I'm so sorry you've had so many problems yourself.  My one great relief is that I am not in constant pain because I don't know how I would cope with that, especially as I can't tolerate any pain-killing drugs.  I've been having regular blood tests for some years because I have type 2 diabetes, so that doesn't bother me, although it bothers the people who try to get the blood out of me because I have deep-seated veins which tend to be very uncooperative!

Hope you get the magnet soon.  I'm sure it'll brighten you up. hug

I feel much brighter now what I perceive to be the farce of the FO is over, the fawning over Nadal hacks me off. I am also off to the West Highlands on Tuesday. Have put in my request for otters, a golden eagle, and a basking shark. Either or all of those is a good distraction from the ache in my joints. Scotland is my favourite part of the UK - the Edinburgh trams saga has kept me amused for many years now....!!!

I  don't think I would cope with diabetes. I think you are probably much braver than me. I live with a tyrannical cat, who doesn't consider pain and dodgy joints as any justification for poor service, so I have to get on with it...!!!

Hopefully things start to get sorted for you now.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1864 on: June 09, 2013, 09:35 PM »

I feel much brighter now what I perceive to be the farce of the FO is over, the fawning over Nadal hacks me off. I am also off to the West Highlands on Tuesday. Have put in my request for otters, a golden eagle, and a basking shark. Either or all of those is a good distraction from the ache in my joints. Scotland is my favourite part of the UK - the Edinburgh trams saga has kept me amused for many years now....!!!

I  don't think I would cope with diabetes. I think you are probably much braver than me. I live with a tyrannical cat, who doesn't consider pain and dodgy joints as any justification for poor service, so I have to get on with it...!!!

Hopefully things start to get sorted for you now.
Now we can listen to the fawning over Fed instead.  Ugh.

I love the West Highlands and hope the weather is good and that at least one of your requests is granted.

Edinburgh?  Trams?  I've no idea what you're talking about ... Whistle  Unfortunately the saga isn't over yet. Rolling Eyes

Diabetes is OK.  I have to inject myself with insulin and check my blood sugar levels regularly, something I found a real nuisance to begin with but after a while it just becomes part of your normal routine, although I never go anywhere without my blood-testing kit.

Cats are in a league of their own.  They don't have masters, they have slaves!

Hope you have a very enjoyable holiday. Smile

IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1865 on: June 10, 2013, 06:32 AM »

Have a good holiday Masaka.  Interesting that you suffer from fibromyalgia.  My daughter-in-law has been suffering for nearly five years.  They first said it was because she was pregnant, then that she was imagining it.  Poor girl had to come down the stairs on her bum with a new baby and try to deal with a lively 3 year old as well.  At last they have diagnosed fibromyalgia and she can now deal with it.

Aileen, I am so glad that you now have a diagnosis.

I am astounded how long it takes to get a answer.  It took 5 years for them to realise that I had bad hips.  Doctors, physios etc treated me for a bad back.  Eventually with some bullying from me a referral was forthcoming and the consultant immediately saw that it was my hips(I had been saying for years that was the problem, and my daughter, who is a vet, also said so).  I have had one replacement and am awaiting the other.  Apparently the exercises for the back were accelerating the hip damage.
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1866 on: June 12, 2013, 09:13 PM »

After phoning the office of the neurologist I'm waiting to see (after passing out, falling down stairs, knocking myself out for about an hour, concussing myself and straining me 'good' shoulder yesterday) I've been offered the first available appointment- 26th August Rolling Eyes I'll have been on the waiting list about 5 months by that point. And apparently nothing can be done to speed things up.
I honestly don't know if my family can take the strain of this till then. I frightened them all out their wits yesterday and basically amn't going to be let to go anywhere alone and if left alone in house have to stay either upstairs or downstairs to minimise risk.
And now lost a rang e of movement in left arm, which was my better arm as I've at least pulled a muscle in my shoulder when I fell. And keep discovering random bruises!
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1867 on: June 12, 2013, 09:20 PM »

After phoning the office of the neurologist I'm waiting to see (after passing out, falling down stairs, knocking myself out for about an hour, concussing myself and straining me 'good' shoulder yesterday) I've been offered the first available appointment- 26th August Rolling Eyes I'll have been on the waiting list about 5 months by that point. And apparently nothing can be done to speed things up.
I honestly don't know if my family can take the strain of this till then. I frightened them all out their wits yesterday and basically amn't going to be let to go anywhere alone and if left alone in house have to stay either upstairs or downstairs to minimise risk.
And now lost a rang e of movement in left arm, which was my better arm as I've at least pulled a muscle in my shoulder when I fell. And keep discovering random bruises!
That fall sounds nasty.   Did you go to A & E?
IP Logged
Connor
World No 1

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1868 on: June 12, 2013, 09:27 PM »

Anemia recovery going well, supplements/tablets working fine. Very happy.
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1869 on: June 12, 2013, 09:29 PM »

That fall sounds nasty.   Did you go to A & E?

Yeah I'd been in alone when it happened so my brother and his fiance came in and found me in a heap at the bottom of the stairs- frightened them just a bit!
I'd posted on facebook at 12.40 so they knew it was after that it had happened but by 1305 I was still out so brother phoned mum who came home from work (5mins away) and they called the ambulance. My 2 blackouts previous to this has lasted about 8-9 minutes so they were waiting to see if I came around.
So paramedics arrived and I eventually came round about 1330ish.
Up to a&e, blood pressure fine (even as I passed out due to pressure of the cuff on my arm) ecg- fine. So nothing else they could do and was sent home with arm in sling (not even really examined but everything was on high alert so probably wouldn't have helped)
I've a tender spot on my head, tail bone and right hip are bruised, got random friction bruises on arms and legs from stair carpet and probably pulled a muscle in my shoulder lol I do like to do things in a big way!
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1870 on: June 12, 2013, 09:33 PM »

^ I do hope you get it sorted.  Must be very frightening for you and yours.
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1871 on: June 12, 2013, 09:35 PM »

^ I do hope you get it sorted.  Must be very frightening for you and yours.

Yeah feeling really bad that my family is under this strain and worry Frown There's nthing I can do but I feel like it's my fault Frown
IP Logged
Connor
World No 1

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1872 on: June 12, 2013, 09:36 PM »

On 2 supplements a day so it may be a lot shorter time wise until the problem is resolved. Tennis not a worry anymore, played Monday and felt great. Amen to that.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1873 on: June 12, 2013, 09:37 PM »

Yeah feeling really bad that my family is under this strain and worry Frown There's nthing I can do but I feel like it's my fault Frown
It's not your fault you're ill, nobody can help that.  I hope you're getting some support.
IP Logged
Connor
World No 1

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1874 on: June 12, 2013, 09:40 PM »

Feel 1000x better than I did last week, hope that as soon as I am off the tablets it won't come back. I have a strict diet full of iron lined up.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 124 [125] 126 127 128 ... 140 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »