Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 132 [133] 134 135 136 ... 144 Go Down Reply
Author

Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment?

(Read 35748 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1980 on: September 29, 2013, 04:16 PM »

Feeling a bit better today. Had a lovely day yesterday I visited my closest friend I have know her since my nursing training so good friend for many years. It was nice to relax she lives in the country it was so peaceful and great to chat with her and her daughters so less stressful. Although she is having a lot of renovations done she lives in farm cottage. Nice to get away from all the hustle of living in town.
I'm glad to hear that you're feeling better Margaret and that you enjoyed your day with your friend. hug  It is nice to get out into the country, especially as the weather is mild and sunny just now and also all the trees are starting to show their autumn colours.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1981 on: September 29, 2013, 09:42 PM »

Feeling a bit better today.

IP Logged
caroline
ATP Level

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1982 on: October 13, 2013, 12:05 AM »

Am so glad to be back posting on MW and being able to interact with you all again.Have not been to well for 2-3 weeks have tried to post once or twice but had to give up. I to suffer from depression like Aileen and when im not well I'm useless in every way. I am supposed to take medication regularly but im against that really as i don't want to become dependant on it. So I probably suffer more than i should and have to end up taking the medication anyway.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1983 on: October 13, 2013, 01:05 AM »

Am so glad to be back posting on MW and being able to interact with you all again.Have not been to well for 2-3 weeks have tried to post once or twice but had to give up. I to suffer from depression like Aileen and when im not well I'm useless in every way. I am supposed to take medication regularly but im against that really as i don't want to become dependant on it. So I probably suffer more than i should and have to end up taking the medication anyway.
Caroline, I'm so glad you're feeling better now. hug 

Can I just say though, that, like you, I was against taking medication for a very long time, and when I was prescribed it refused to take it on a regular basis, but was finally forced to after I got so depressed that I was admitted to a psychiatric hospital where I remained for seven months, and that isn't something I would wish on anyone.

So my advice is - persevere with the medication before the depression starts to take hold, because (a) contrary to popular belief anti-depressants aren't addictive (unlike drugs such as diazepam), and (b) you might not need to take it for a very long time - maybe two years - although some people have to remain permanently on a maintenance, i.e. very low, dose even after they have recovered in order to prevent a reoccurrence, depending on what kind of depression they have.

Also the reason that I still have spells of depression has got a lot to do with factors in my life which are beyond my control, plus the fact that I suffer from agoraphbobia, but I don't doubt that if I wasn't taking my medication things would be a lot worse.  In fact the dosage has been increased recently, so I'm waiting to see how much that will help me.
[ Last edit by Aileen October 13, 2013, 01:08 AM ] IP Logged
caroline
ATP Level

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1984 on: October 13, 2013, 06:40 PM »

Thank you for your post Aileen and I agree with you that I have to persevere with my medication. I am prescribed one diazepam three times a day and one antidepressant mertazapine at night. Its the diazepam that I refuse to take. I've only ever taken one a day. Am going to the doctors next week so am going to see if she will let me take my mirtazapine in the day instead of the diazepam. I would much prefer to be able to do that.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1985 on: October 13, 2013, 07:20 PM »

Speak to you Doctor and tell him about your reluctance to take diazepam I can understand why. Tell him and get him to give you a more suitable medication. You are the one who has to take it diazepam can become addictive he should prescribe a more suitable one.
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1986 on: October 13, 2013, 07:26 PM »

Thank you for your post Aileen and I agree with you that I have to persevere with my medication. I am prescribed one diazepam three times a day and one antidepressant mertazapine at night. Its the diazepam that I refuse to take. I've only ever taken one a day. Am going to the doctors next week so am going to see if she will let me take my mirtazapine in the day instead of the diazepam. I would much prefer to be able to do that.

I do get very puzzled and saddened by the fact that people seem to feel ashamed or embarrassed about taking medication for psychological conditions (apologies if I am miss reading your post). If I didn't take my handful of drugs each day to keep my rheumatoid under control I would not be able to function.  I don't see what the difference is. Having said that I was given Diazepam in the hospital to calm me down after my first hip op. I only took one. Instead of being simply terrified I was confused and terrified. Not a good combination. I felt very out of control.

Be proud you are sensible enough to take the drugs, and I hope they kick in soon. My rheumatoid is a bit foul at the moment so I might need to up mine. 3 different ones in the morning, and an extra 4 kinds at night. No wonder I rattle...!!!
IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1987 on: October 25, 2013, 04:03 PM »

,thoughts any one  on this.I have just recently had trouble with my balance,we have ruled out verdigo,meniries disease and labyrintitis,I get very light headed and feel drunk.I have a load of more testing to be done next month one test they hook me up to elecrodes,put amask on my face so that i can only look straight ahead,they finish it with pouring warm water in my eras.The Dr said it is very unpleasent...he said the chicken pox virus can do some nasty things beside shingles. Any info????
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1988 on: October 25, 2013, 04:06 PM »

Any ringing in your ears?
IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1989 on: October 25, 2013, 04:09 PM »

Any ringing in your ears?
yes both ears.its horrible but that happend long before this latest thing
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1990 on: October 27, 2013, 05:13 PM »

Well Tinitus can effect balance, I think.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1991 on: October 27, 2013, 05:59 PM »

A simple ear infection can affect your balance. Maybe you will just need anti-biotics.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1992 on: November 01, 2013, 07:27 PM »

Does anyone know a quick way to eradicate carpal tunnel? It's killing my arm.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1993 on: November 01, 2013, 07:37 PM »

Does anyone know a quick way to eradicate carpal tunnel? It's killing my arm.
Removing your hand from the keyboard/mouse may be beneficial.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1994 on: November 01, 2013, 07:38 PM »

Removing your hand from the keyboard/mouse may be beneficial.

Would it be of colossal shock if I informed you typing is some what easing the pain...... bruv?
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 132 [133] 134 135 136 ... 144 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »