Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 139 [140] 141 142 143 144 Go Down Reply
Author

Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment?

(Read 40043 times)
wimbledonwestie
Seed

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #2085 on: March 09, 2014, 09:46 PM »

Hey Aileen -  yahooo   Hope you're feeling better - was about to send you  hug  have one anyway  hug
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #2086 on: March 09, 2014, 10:09 PM »

Yes. Depression.
IP Logged
IonaRed
Challenger Level

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #2087 on: March 17, 2014, 11:56 PM »

Has anybody ever been on a 7-day course of antibiotics and still not felt well after day 4? If anything, I feel worse. It's the cold and I've been coughing and spluttering for nearly 4 weeks now.

It was my 40th yesterday and I spent it in bed. Frown As if turning 4-0 wasn't bad enough. Yes, I am looking for a little sympathy.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #2088 on: March 18, 2014, 12:38 AM »

Has anybody ever been on a 7-day course of antibiotics and still not felt well after day 4? If anything, I feel worse. It's the cold and I've been coughing and spluttering for nearly 4 weeks now.

It was my 40th yesterday and I spent it in bed. Frown As if turning 4-0 wasn't bad enough. Yes, I am looking for a little sympathy.
Sorry you've had such a rotten 40th birthday Iona. hug

I once took a 7 day course of antibiotics for a chest infection as a result of contracting flu and they didn't have any noticeable effect even by the time I finished them, so another 7 day course was prescribed.  That finally did the job, but the antibiotics alone made me feel awful, so maybe that's the same with you, plus the symptoms of your cold?

I sincerely hope you do start to feel better soon though.  Four weeks is a long time to put with that sort of misery.

IP Logged
IonaRed
Challenger Level

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #2089 on: March 18, 2014, 01:07 AM »

Sorry you've had such a rotten 40th birthday Iona. hug

I once took a 7 day course of antibiotics for a chest infection as a result of contracting flu and they didn't have any noticeable effect even by the time I finished them, so another 7 day course was prescribed.  That finally did the job, but the antibiotics alone made me feel awful, so maybe that's the same with you, plus the symptoms of your cold?

I sincerely hope you do start to feel better soon though.  Four weeks is a long time to put with that sort of misery.

Oh dear, that doesn't sound great. Not sure I could face another course of antibiotics. I'm glad I'm not alone though. I was checking the NHS website etc today and I kept reading how I should feel better after day 2/3 of the course.  

Thanks for the much needed sympathy. Smile Feeling a tad sorry for myself.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #2090 on: March 18, 2014, 01:24 AM »

Oh dear, that doesn't sound great. Not sure I could face another course of antibiotics. I'm glad I'm not alone though. I was checking the NHS website etc today and I kept reading how I should feel better after day 2/3 of the course. 

Thanks for the much needed sympathy. Smile Feeling a tad sorry for myself.
I'm not surprised.  Thankfully I've only once had a cold that went on for what seemed like forever, and it was awful.  I guess a lot depends on the particular cold virus you pick up, and apparently there are dozens of different strains, which is why, unlike flu, they can't be vaccinated against.

Hopefully you might not need another course of antibiotics and that the present course will have started to kick in before the 7 days are up.  Good luck and keep in touch!
IP Logged
IonaRed
Challenger Level

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #2091 on: March 18, 2014, 01:45 AM »

I'm not surprised.  Thankfully I've only once had a cold that went on for what seemed like forever, and it was awful.  I guess a lot depends on the particular cold virus you pick up, and apparently there are dozens of different strains, which is why, unlike flu, they can't be vaccinated against.

Hopefully you might not need another course of antibiotics and that the present course will have started to kick in before the 7 days are up.  Good luck and keep in touch!

Thanks for the chat Aileen. Smile Much appreciated. I will keep in touch.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #2092 on: March 18, 2014, 11:12 AM »

Awww......sorry to hear that Iona and on your special birthday too! Unfortunately anibiotics won't clear your cold, but they'll help if your chest is infected! I've just got over a cold and cough myself, so I know how miserable you feel!  Frown  Here's my special remedy which is very comforting and really will help you get over it quicker......Hot Lemon and Honey.......Cut a whole lemon into 4 or 5 slices......put in a saucepan with a 'little' sugar about half a teaspoon and cover with water. Bring to the boil and let it boil for a good 5 minutes and then pour into a mug with a large spoonful of honey in it. Have that a couple of times a day or more if you want. Also, eat as much garlic as you can! Onions are good too......packed full of vitamin C Hope you feel better soon!
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
Seed

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #2093 on: March 18, 2014, 06:27 PM »

I th ink you need to be like the queen and have a second birthday!   hug
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #2094 on: March 18, 2014, 07:14 PM »

Sounds maybe a bit lame, but I always think that Spring bugs are very difficult to get rid of.  I'm not an expert on antibiotics, so can't comment on their effectiveness on your condition.  Berroca vitamin drink is a good tonic after illness.  Hope you feel better soon, chuck!  hug
[ Last edit by Elly March 18, 2014, 07:17 PM ] IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Give me your JMac, Henman, Cash & 2 balls.

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #2095 on: March 18, 2014, 08:21 PM »

Birthday good wishes to Iona.. and hoping you celebrate your birthday in style when you get better.

Maybe a piece of cake will help.

IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #2096 on: March 18, 2014, 09:17 PM »

hug

You need to be taking a good probiotic too.  The antibiotics kill the good bacteria that's in your body too.

Sorry, I don't know of any good named brands in the UK. search

The Naturopath here at work is telling me the Solgar range, which is available in the UK, like at Holland & Barrett or an independent herbalist might have them.

Actually, just find an independent herbalist.  Antibiotics will probably do nothing for a cold. doctor
IP Logged
IonaRed
Challenger Level

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #2097 on: March 21, 2014, 12:00 AM »

@Caz - Thanks for the recipe. It worked a treat.
@wimbledonwestie - Absolutely. Birthday celebrations are planned for this weekend - just 1 week late.
@scotnadian - Aww thanks for the cake. Gorgeous.
@Bevc & @Elly Purchased some Berroca and a good probiotic.

Feeling 100% better. Thanks guys.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #2098 on: March 21, 2014, 01:23 AM »

@wimbledonwestie - Absolutely. Birthday celebrations are planned for this weekend - just 1 week late.

That's great news Iona!  I'm sure you'll have wonderful birthday celebrations. Smile 
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #2099 on: March 21, 2014, 02:24 AM »

Great to hear Iona!  Keep your immune system topped up now - there's lots of everyday foods you can eat.  You don't have to take supplements, though they do help.  For my visit to the UK at the end of last year, I took Vitamin C and garlic capsules - wasn't ill when I got there, wasn't ill whilst I was there, and wasn't ill when I got back flex

Enjoy your birthday celebrations this weekend Very Happy
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 139 [140] 141 142 143 144 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »