Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Somdev Devvarman, Thursday, Time TBA - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 144 Go Down Reply
Author

Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment?

(Read 37225 times)
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #30 on: April 19, 2010, 03:22 PM »

Oh I bet it is, Daisy Wink

lol
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #31 on: April 19, 2010, 03:43 PM »

This explains the doctor's lack of confidence,

In streptococcal infection the tonsils often swell and become coated and the throat is sore. The patient has a temperature, foul-smelling breath and may feel quite ill. The differences are variable and it is impossible to tell on inspection if the infection is viral or bacterial.
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #32 on: April 19, 2010, 04:22 PM »

This explains the doctor's lack of confidence,

In streptococcal infection the tonsils often swell and become coated and the throat is sore. The patient has a temperature, foul-smelling breath and may feel quite ill. The differences are variable and it is impossible to tell on inspection if the infection is viral or bacterial.

So, just as well to be cautious then ...... after all antibiotics will do nothing for a virus.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #33 on: April 19, 2010, 04:25 PM »

The thing is, Strep Throat can develop into something very serious which is why I really don't like the wait right now...
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #34 on: April 19, 2010, 04:26 PM »

The thing is, Strep Throat can develop into something very serious which is why I really don't like the wait right now...

That's EXACTLY what I was saying a couple of pages back .... Strep Throat is serious.  Do you have little white spots on your throat?  But Joe will know more about this ....
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #35 on: April 19, 2010, 04:30 PM »

That's EXACTLY what I was saying a couple of pages back .... Strep Throat is serious.  Do you have little white spots on your throat?  But Joe will know more about this ....
Yes, little white spots on my tonsils but that happens with Strep Throat AND tonsillitis.

I've just developed a horrible feeling in my stomach and sleep/rest is not helping, I just want a quick cure... the anti-biotics are pleading with me to consume them lol
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #36 on: April 19, 2010, 04:32 PM »

Yes, little white spots on my tonsils but that happens with Strep Throat AND tonsillitis.

I've just developed a horrible feeling in my stomach and sleep/rest is not helping, I just want a quick cure... the anti-biotics are pleading with me to consume them lol

That's true - white spots for both, I believe.

One thing you can do to help yourself is gargle with warm SALTY water every few hours .... it does make a big difference.
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #37 on: April 19, 2010, 04:33 PM »

One thing you can do to help yourself is gargle with warm SALTY water every few hours .... it does make a big difference.
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Boo hoo hoooooooo :'(

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #38 on: April 19, 2010, 04:33 PM »

I know nussing, that's microbiology!! lol
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #39 on: April 19, 2010, 04:34 PM »

He gargles warm salty stuff daily anyway, it just isn't water...
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #40 on: April 19, 2010, 04:34 PM »

Started doing that last night... but now I have both Panadol and Nurofen together, I don't feel the need for it as much.
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #41 on: April 19, 2010, 04:34 PM »

I know nussing, that's microbiology!! lol

Well, you know more than I do .... Wink and a kiss
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #42 on: April 19, 2010, 04:34 PM »

He gargles warm salty stuff daily anyway, it just isn't water...
roflmao
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #43 on: April 19, 2010, 04:36 PM »

Started doing that last night... but now I have both Panadol and Nurofen together, I don't feel the need for it as much.

Keep on doing it till your sore throat has cleared up .... it's really the greatest under-used remedy ....  I'm in the wrong thread ...
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #44 on: April 19, 2010, 04:36 PM »

Well, you know more than I do .... Wink and a kiss

Daisy, how's your friend now? Been reading a bit about septic shock today and it does sound similar to what you were reporting. Think
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 144 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »