Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 144 Go Down Reply
Author

Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment?

(Read 35079 times)
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #45 on: April 19, 2010, 04:39 PM »

Daisy, how's your friend now? Been reading a bit about septic shock today and it does sound similar to what you were reporting. Think

She's been got out of bed to sit in a chair for a little bit... teensy bit of food, off heart support, off everything except dialysis and pain medication ... the dialysis is taking place every 2 days now.  She's about to get moved to a high dependency unit and I am just so glad .... everyone is breathing again.  I could not have managed without my friend (selfish!!)  There must be some format that is applied for this particular problem in ICU, and people must get through it .... it's just so terrifying for us ordinary mortals.
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Boo hoo hoooooooo :'(

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #46 on: April 19, 2010, 04:42 PM »

She's been got out of bed to sit in a chair for a little bit... teensy bit of food, off heart support, off everything except dialysis and pain medication ... the dialysis is taking place every 2 days now.  She's about to get moved to a high dependency unit and I am just so glad .... everyone is breathing again.  I could not have managed without my friend (selfish!!)  There must be some format that is applied for this particular problem in ICU, and people must get through it .... it's just so terrifying for us ordinary mortals.

Did they identify an infection as the cause in the end? It's apparently a common occurrence in ICU, although that's in terms of contracting the problem DURING a stay in ICU for another unrelated problem (catching hospital MRSA, etc), so at least she was instantly treated as being septic.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #47 on: April 19, 2010, 04:43 PM »

^ So glad to hear some better news, Daisy.  It's not selfish to not want to be without your friend.... just human.  Smile
IP Logged
Quackers
Murraymaniac

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #48 on: April 19, 2010, 04:49 PM »

Well I learned today that a stiff neck from "sleeping funny" doesn't just happen over night.  I got up this morning walked around fine and happy as larry.  I went to stretch and rolled and neck and .... bam .... pain came on straight away and hasn't gone.  Never in my life experienced that.  Least I'm not on the verse of tears like I was this morning.  Very bizarre!
IP Logged
Allan
Grand Slam Champion

It's 2013!

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #49 on: April 19, 2010, 05:09 PM »

I had tonsillitis, though it was relatively mild I think, about 3 weeks ago.
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #50 on: April 19, 2010, 06:55 PM »

My backs been playing up a bit again (nothing major but thought I'd contribute) so been applying lots of heat pads
IP Logged
Shooting Star
Veteran

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #51 on: April 19, 2010, 09:03 PM »

Haha this thread could come in handy...

And hug Hazel, me too it's really hurting right now, about to lie on a hot water bottle for a bit..
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #52 on: April 19, 2010, 09:06 PM »

Haha this thread could come in handy...

And hug Hazel, me too it's really hurting right now, about to lie on a hot water bottle for a bit..

Sounds like a plan, I'm beginning to get shooting pains in my arm again Rolling Eyes and feel like someone tied a knot in my shoulder!
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #53 on: April 20, 2010, 03:22 AM »

Hey night crawlers....

I've wet my bed again.... with sweat, so getting up time for me again.
IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #54 on: April 20, 2010, 03:24 AM »

Thanks for the clarification.

No postings of women from me tonight then, wouldn't want to send you into overload. :p

IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #55 on: April 20, 2010, 03:46 AM »

lol
IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #56 on: April 20, 2010, 03:54 AM »

I hope you're drinking tea. That usually help me with throat problems, at least.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #57 on: April 20, 2010, 03:59 AM »

I haven't been but no need now...

Either this double hit of pain killers is helping a lot or I'm actually in the recovery phase... it's much less painful today Smile
IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #58 on: April 20, 2010, 04:00 AM »

No need now...

Either this double hit of pain killers is helping a lot or I'm actually in the recovery phase... it's much less painful today. Smile

Well, that's good.
Or are you just saying that so I go find some more photos? Wink
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #59 on: April 20, 2010, 04:02 AM »

Or are you just saying that so I go find some more photos? Wink
Well obviously!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 144 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »