Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 99 [100] 101 102 103 ... 144 Go Down Reply
Author

Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment?

(Read 35434 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1485 on: April 18, 2012, 12:57 AM »

Thanks lb, Aileen & Iris.
My hubbster said to me the other day that ever since he met me I started falling to bits..... and I said to him: "Funny you should say that bcos every since I met YOU, I started falling to bits." Wink  Seriously tho, he's been great and saw me through quite a lot, and continues to do so.  I'm a lucky lady... but then, he's just as lucky to have me too.. and that's exactly how it should be.
I don't know why my life has been so challenging.. I don't have the answers.  I do try to think positively, and be grateful that I have a much better life and health than many people in this crazy world of ours.

I'm really glad you have a loving and caring hubby.  That must make a huge difference.  My ex couldn't have cared less - so no wonder marriage only last four years!  Luckily I have a very close, unmarried male friend (purely platonic) I've known for 26 years, and he really is caring.  Just a shame I'm nearly old enough to be his mother, so marriage has never been an option.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1486 on: April 18, 2012, 01:03 AM »

Sound like you're well-rid of your loser-ex.
Ooooo Aileen... do tell about your 'platonic' male!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1487 on: April 18, 2012, 01:05 AM »

Maybe I will sometime!  It's a long story with a few twists and turns. Very Happy
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1488 on: April 18, 2012, 01:07 AM »

Lookout.. a PM is coming your way! Wink
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1489 on: April 18, 2012, 11:03 AM »

Saw my oncologist yesterday for results of a boring barrage of tests on my lung (shows chronic - but stable- lung disease related to post radiation.)
Anyhoo... whatever.
Doc was more interested in my high potassium level at 7.6.. so I was promptly whisked to ER and spent the day there hooked up like a Christmas tree.. They sent me home after 3 blood tests, final one showed 5.1.
Gotta go back for more bloodwork Saturday.  Better not keep me in bcos it's my birthday on Sunday and I want to see Andy in the MC final. Wink
(Must admit I don't feel too good tho')

Think  Sounds like a few things going on atm.  Our marketing manager and in house naturopath used to work with cancer patients in the UK.  She would have a list of suggestions for you but I'm sure that you're in good hands.  crossfingers for the weekend. hug
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1490 on: April 18, 2012, 11:04 AM »

Nah susceptible to that, thankfully not that Smile Probably just something to do with my medication!

Is that one of the side effects?  I'm amazed at the number of side effects you read about on medications atm.
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1491 on: April 18, 2012, 11:16 AM »

Is that one of the side effects?  I'm amazed at the number of side effects you read about on medications atm.

anything and everything could be a side effect with my mix Rolling Eyes The main ones are nausea, constipation, sleepiness (and/or insomnia). at the moment my nails are really weak and keep flaking, hair can lose quality too because of long term medication.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1492 on: April 18, 2012, 11:18 AM »

Still throbbing.
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1493 on: April 18, 2012, 11:19 AM »

Still throbbing.

hug
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1494 on: April 18, 2012, 11:21 AM »

Oh my Hazel! Sounds like you could do with a good hand cream or rubbing some essential oils into your nails, a home made hand cream.  The essential oils might be good for your hair too. Think
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1495 on: April 18, 2012, 11:25 AM »

Oh my Hazel! Sounds like you could do with a good hand cream or rubbing some essential oils into your nails, a home made hand cream.  The essential oils might be good for your hair too. Think

I use olive oil and sugar on my hands, works really well. Use a decent hand cream and have a nail strengthening solution (but then forget to put it on). It goes through phases as to what's affected Shrug
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1496 on: April 18, 2012, 11:25 AM »

I could do with a hand cream or essential oils, too.
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1497 on: April 18, 2012, 11:27 AM »

So many responses to that one- I'll be the good girl that I am and not say any lol
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1498 on: April 18, 2012, 11:30 AM »

Eyebrow raise. How's the meat and veg?
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1499 on: April 18, 2012, 11:32 AM »

I use olive oil and sugar on my hands, works really well. Use a decent hand cream and have a nail strengthening solution (but then forget to put it on). It goes through phases as to what's affected Shrug

Some hair recipe suggestions (not for Nigel, since he doesn't have any)

Conditioning Treatment for Dry Hair

Ingredients:
10mls Jojoba
10mls Avocado
5 drops Rose
4 drops Sandalwood
4 drops Geranium

Application:
Warm the Jojoba and Avocado by placing them in a cup inside a bowl of hot water, wait a few minutes until the oil is warm, add the essential oils and mix. Rub into the scalp using approximately 1/3rd at a time. Cover your head with a towel and relax for 10-20 minutes (or as long as you can!).  Apply shampoo to the dry hair, add water and shampoo and condition your hair as normal. The results are worth the effort.

Caution:
Wrap hair while treatment is on to help oils absorb, and to avoid staining clothes with the oils.

http://www.dolphinclinic.co.nz/recipe_details/p/342/c/126/t/18 For the others
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 99 [100] 101 102 103 ... 144 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »