Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 104 [105] 106 107 108 ... 140 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment?  (Read 32814 times)
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1560 on: October 10, 2012, 12:54 PM »

Having read some of these posts for the first time I feel lucky and will not moan anymore with my hips.  I am having both replaced, right one first , but at least I can keep moving within reason.  Luckily I can still cycle on my exercise bike.

Very pleased to hear that your back op. worked Scotnadian as it is not always the case.  My consultant was very glad when he discovered that my back was not my problem but it was in both hips.  I had been diagnosed 12 years ago with a back problem but it turns out now that I have seen a consultant it has always been the hips.  The back exercises had exacerbated the hips problem.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1561 on: October 10, 2012, 01:26 PM »

So sorry to hear you are not well. Hope the docs will be able to help and keep you pain free, there is nothing worse than being in constant pain. Hope they will be able to help you soon.
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1562 on: October 15, 2012, 07:30 PM »

Okay everyone quick update on me Smile (because of course I am so amazing and brilliantly witty that you've all been miserable without me Whistle )
Doing a lot better than the other week, but it would have been hard to be worse. The nerve pain is still as bad but a mix of massage, deep heat and diazepam (the new love of me life) are keepin the muscles more relaxed. Also to rule out and missed things like bone lesions (very unlikely) I'm getting an isotope bone scan on Thursday! Quite excited about it all! Always thought that sounded quite cool, so I'm going to be low level radioactive on Thursday!! Very Happy Also my doctor and I are going to trial run a small amount of a different medication on me from Wednesday and we'll see if that starts to target the nerve pain better.
On the whole a bit more mobile than I've been the last 2 weeks, even ended up in the swimming pool today- looking after my friends 2 1/2 year old during his swimming lesson Smile Was great fun lol
Still won't be around a lot so apologies for things like RTR etc wave
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1563 on: October 15, 2012, 08:38 PM »

Smile hug
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1564 on: October 16, 2012, 08:50 AM »

Okay everyone quick update on me Smile (because of course I am so amazing and brilliantly witty that you've all been miserable without me Whistle )
Doing a lot better than the other week, but it would have been hard to be worse. The nerve pain is still as bad but a mix of massage, deep heat and diazepam (the new love of me life) are keepin the muscles more relaxed. Also to rule out and missed things like bone lesions (very unlikely) I'm getting an isotope bone scan on Thursday! Quite excited about it all! Always thought that sounded quite cool, so I'm going to be low level radioactive on Thursday!! Very Happy Also my doctor and I are going to trial run a small amount of a different medication on me from Wednesday and we'll see if that starts to target the nerve pain better.
On the whole a bit more mobile than I've been the last 2 weeks, even ended up in the swimming pool today- looking after my friends 2 1/2 year old during his swimming lesson Smile Was great fun lol
Still won't be around a lot so apologies for things like RTR etc wave
Oh my God.......maybe you'll glow in the dark!  w00t Seriously though Hazel.....I do hope that this time the doctors will be able to find out what the problem is and either treat it or at least, seriously reduce your pain. I'll pray for you!
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

You mesmerize me, Andy

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1565 on: October 16, 2012, 03:21 PM »

Oh my God.......maybe you'll glow in the dark!  w00t Seriously though Hazel.....I do hope that this time the doctors will be able to find out what the problem is and either treat it or at least, seriously reduce your pain. I'll pray for you!

roflmao  I will pray for you too Hazy...
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1566 on: October 16, 2012, 05:04 PM »

Will be thinking or you.
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1567 on: October 17, 2012, 09:21 PM »

Thanks everyone hug Unfortunately the aim is not to glow Caz- which is a shame as I think it would be cool lol
The bone scan is almost garenteed to come back clear, unless there's a kink in a nerve they haven't already found. AS the consultant said to me the other week 'If you had cancer you'd have known it by now.' lol
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1568 on: November 03, 2012, 12:16 PM »

yay I've got an appointment for a medication review on the 19th Nov at the Pain clinic- hoping this might get me somewhere, fingers crossed!
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1569 on: November 03, 2012, 12:32 PM »

Good luck!
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1570 on: November 04, 2012, 12:33 PM »

Have not been well for the past few days. Felt sick and do not want to eat, I have lost 4lbs in weight. The doc say my white cell blood count is high so I have an infection but do not know what.  He gave my anti-biotics but all they have done is mak8ing my skin itch. Will have to go again tomorrow, hope he finds out what is wrong with me and get rid of the itch, it driving me mad.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1571 on: November 05, 2012, 07:50 PM »

Sorry to hear that LB.......Hope you get well soon!
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1572 on: November 06, 2012, 12:24 AM »

Have not been well for the past few days. Felt sick and do not want to eat, I have lost 4lbs in weight. The doc say my white cell blood count is high so I have an infection but do not know what.  He gave my anti-biotics but all they have done is mak8ing my skin itch. Will have to go again tomorrow, hope he finds out what is wrong with me and get rid of the itch, it driving me mad.

Sounds like you might be allergic to the anitbiotics.  Hope they get is sorted for you.  I would also recommend a pro-biotic to take too, as those antibiotics kill the good bacteria in your system too.  Not sure what you'll have your neck of the woods - a good natural health store should have something for you.  Take care.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1573 on: November 06, 2012, 10:10 AM »

Thanks all, saw the doc again yesterday and started a new tablet. I am still itchy but not as bad as it was. My doc  asked if I wanted to kill him and started to laugh. Am feeling a bit better will phone tomorrow to see what my results are.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1574 on: November 06, 2012, 01:07 PM »

Hazel... Good luck with your review at the Pain Clinic, and let us know how it goes.

LB...Hope your new pills work this time, and get well soon.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 104 [105] 106 107 108 ... 140 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »