Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 106 [107] 108 109 110 ... 144 Go Down Reply
Author

Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment?

(Read 35801 times)
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1590 on: November 28, 2012, 01:45 PM »

Thanks for the advise.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1591 on: November 28, 2012, 02:57 PM »

Not feeling so good myself.  Felt awful yesterday - headache, pains all over my body and just couldn't get warm.  It was a bitterly cold day which didn't help, and today's the same so I'm not going out.

I do have asthma and have been diagnosed since I was a kid. Perhaps it is that but I'm not struggling with my breathing or anything.
If you have asthma and the cough persists for more than a few days I suggest you visit your GP.  I don't have it myself but a friend does and earlier this year he had a cough which didn't affect his breathing but which turned out to be due to a chest infection, for which he was prescribed antibiotics.

Of course you could always try my Dad's cure - whisky, and plenty of it. Very Happy  This was based on the fact that alcohol kills bugs. Rolling Eyes

Believe I managed to contract a mild case of gastroenteritis. Not as bad as the case I had when I was a child, but it's still f**king painful.

Wasn't sure what the problem was. As a pessimist, I went from thinking I might have stomach cancer to the much more likely Crohn's disease.

Seems to be passing now, though.
Ugh.  That's miserable.  Hope you feel better soon.
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1592 on: November 28, 2012, 03:24 PM »

Not feeling so good myself.  Felt awful yesterday - headache, pains all over my body and just couldn't get warm.  It was a bitterly cold day which didn't help, and today's the same so I'm not going out.

If you have asthma and the cough persists for more than a few days I suggest you visit your GP.  I don't have it myself but a friend does and earlier this year he had a cough which didn't affect his breathing but which turned out to be due to a chest infection, for which he was prescribed antibiotics.

Of course you could always try my Dad's cure - whisky, and plenty of it. Very Happy  This was based on the fact that alcohol kills bugs. Rolling Eyes

Ugh.  That's miserable.  Hope you feel better soon.

Thanks.

Same to you. Hope you get well soon.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1593 on: November 28, 2012, 04:18 PM »

I've been ill these past few days. Constant loss of appetite, muscle aches and fatigue. Anyone got a diagnosis for me?
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1594 on: November 28, 2012, 05:52 PM »

I've been ill these past few days. Constant loss of appetite, muscle aches and fatigue. Anyone got a diagnosis for me?
Yes - go and see a doctor if the symptoms persist. Smile  There could be quite a few different causes for these symptoms
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1595 on: November 28, 2012, 06:00 PM »

A cough shouldn't last 3 months. Possibly asthma?

Just saying because it happened to me and turned out it was asthma. Unless you smoke.

It had the elements of asthma but I was in denial. lol
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1596 on: November 28, 2012, 06:03 PM »

I could use some loss of appetite; you can keep the other two. lol

No, seriously, that doesn’t sound very good. Sounds like flue but you should definitely go and see a doctor.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1597 on: November 28, 2012, 07:05 PM »

Lots of whisky sounds good to me Aileen xD.

In all seriousness will be going to the doctors tomorrow. Cough is doing my head in. I mean coughs never stop me from going out or going to University, but all day today I was feeling bad and I was trying to hold to cough in because I don't like the idea of spreading germs. Not only that but it's stopping me from sleeping, and even when 100% I BARELY sleep anyway Frown.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1598 on: November 30, 2012, 11:12 AM »

Feeling a little better now. Cough still lingering, but not half as bad as it was the other day. Never managed to see a doctor because the open surgery you have to ring at 8.15am for an appointment and I never wake up before then apart from days I'm in Uni. Will go and see the doctor if it continues to linger on Tuesday.

Thanks for all help guys Smile.
IP Logged
merlynne

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1599 on: November 30, 2012, 11:40 AM »

A mixture you can make yourself, one part fresh ginger, two parts honey.  Grate fresh ginger and squeeze the liquid , one teaspoon to two teaspoon runny honey. It is fairly strong , but you can add hot water to dilute . Take the mixture once in the morning and last thing at night. I always make a jar of the mixture and keep it in the fridge . Abit of a hassle to make , but I really think it helps. Please try it, and I hope it makes you feel better.
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1600 on: December 03, 2012, 06:50 PM »

So briefly blacked out with no warning yesterday. Then today majorly blacked out IN the swimming pool during my aqua fit class! Came round in the pool supported by lifeguard with about 3 others in attendance. Paramedics arrived and ended up getting a trip in the ambulance up to the hospital. Got a general checkup to make sure all was fine about from my back pain and came home, took drugs and crashed.
Phoning my consultant tomorrow to try and see if I can get shifted up the waiting list for my nerve block with all this blacking out.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1601 on: December 05, 2012, 03:52 PM »

Hazy, I really want to know what you are actually going through...not really clear in my head right now.
If you don't mind, will you please explain to me?
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1602 on: December 05, 2012, 04:47 PM »

Hazy, I really want to know what you are actually going through...not really clear in my head right now.
If you don't mind, will you please explain to me?

Lol Don't worry the doctors don't seem to know either!

Basically I've been suffering for over two and a half years from chronic upper back pain, mainly in my shoulders that causes referred pain down my right arm (although in last 5 months it's been affecting my left as well)
So I'm in constant pain despite massive amounts of medication. I've seen Orthopedics, Neurology, Physiotherapy. I've attended pain management courses and had x-rays and an MRI done. Nothing has come up or helped. BAsically there is nothing 'physically' wrong with my back or nerves that's causing the pain. For some reason my nerves have got stuck 'on' sending pain signals and can't stop.
The plan is to give me a nerve block called a stellate ganglion block, sometime in the new year which should force the nerves 'off' and give the nerves a break, theoretically breaking the pain cycle and we can then start to re-train the nerves.

The problem is that the pain is becoming less predictable and I've passed out due to a rapid increase in the pain a few times in the last few weeks. I'm getting less warning that this might happen and it doesn't happen every time the pain increases. Also while doing things (anything from aqua fit to sitting too long) I get sorer anyway so it's not like there's a nice clear cut list of things for me to avoid doing to prevent this.

Massages and taking diazepam when I feel worse can help but that's not really a good solution and I don't always have time for it to take affect before the pain reaches blacking out point.

As the doctor in A&E on Monday said, it's a 'complex condition' Rolling Eyes

But surviving, went back to my aqua fit class this morning and kept it easy and low resistance (while feeling the eyes of every lifeguard on me!) and I managed the class and haven't blacked out today Smile
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1603 on: December 05, 2012, 06:14 PM »

Feeling better now! Very Happy.

In the grand scheme of things I should count myself lucky, only a cough and nothing I can't deal with. Hazybear you seem to be going through something really awful and I wouldn't wish what you've got on any body. Get well soon Smile.
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1604 on: December 05, 2012, 07:20 PM »

Feeling better now! Very Happy.

In the grand scheme of things I should count myself lucky, only a cough and nothing I can't deal with. Hazybear you seem to be going through something really awful and I wouldn't wish what you've got on any body. Get well soon Smile.

Thanks, for the most part I'm used to it now but unexpected blackouts mean I can do less and need more supervision (which means more time for my dad and I to get on each others nerves lol )
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 106 [107] 108 109 110 ... 144 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »