Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 107 [108] 109 110 111 ... 144 Go Down Reply
Author

Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment?

(Read 40819 times)
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1605 on: December 05, 2012, 08:37 PM »

iv got a wee umbilica hernia...going to see doc soon to arrange a wee op......so might be able to see the Aussie open......waiting list permitting....hope the surgeon is a tennis fan.
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1606 on: December 05, 2012, 08:53 PM »

iv got a wee umbilica hernia...going to see doc soon to arrange a wee op......so might be able to see the Aussie open......waiting list permitting....hope the surgeon is a tennis fan.

There is a plus side to medical problems...sometimes lol
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Give me your JMac, Henman, Cash & 2 balls.

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1607 on: December 06, 2012, 04:04 AM »

There is a plus side to medical problems...sometimes lol
Every cloud.. Smile
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Give me your JMac, Henman, Cash & 2 balls.

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1608 on: December 06, 2012, 04:05 AM »

hug
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1609 on: December 06, 2012, 07:29 AM »

Thanks Linda but the as the old saying goes...be careful what you wish for. hug
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1610 on: December 06, 2012, 02:52 PM »

Lol Don't worry the doctors don't seem to know either!

Basically I've been suffering for over two and a half years from chronic upper back pain, mainly in my shoulders that causes referred pain down my right arm (although in last 5 months it's been affecting my left as well)
So I'm in constant pain despite massive amounts of medication. I've seen Orthopedics, Neurology, Physiotherapy. I've attended pain management courses and had x-rays and an MRI done. Nothing has come up or helped. BAsically there is nothing 'physically' wrong with my back or nerves that's causing the pain. For some reason my nerves have got stuck 'on' sending pain signals and can't stop.
The plan is to give me a nerve block called a stellate ganglion block, sometime in the new year which should force the nerves 'off' and give the nerves a break, theoretically breaking the pain cycle and we can then start to re-train the nerves.

The problem is that the pain is becoming less predictable and I've passed out due to a rapid increase in the pain a few times in the last few weeks. I'm getting less warning that this might happen and it doesn't happen every time the pain increases. Also while doing things (anything from aqua fit to sitting too long) I get sorer anyway so it's not like there's a nice clear cut list of things for me to avoid doing to prevent this.

Massages and taking diazepam when I feel worse can help but that's not really a good solution and I don't always have time for it to take affect before the pain reaches blacking out point.

As the doctor in A&E on Monday said, it's a 'complex condition' Rolling Eyes

But surviving, went back to my aqua fit class this morning and kept it easy and low resistance (while feeling the eyes of every lifeguard on me!) and I managed the class and haven't blacked out today Smile

Whoa, should show this post to my biology teacher, her kind of language  w00t

Hazy,all I can say is, you have been through a lot...
I hope the pain subsides eventually.
You are in my prayers...
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1611 on: December 06, 2012, 07:34 PM »

Had a cystoscopy today. It was a real party. Recommended.
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1612 on: December 06, 2012, 08:06 PM »

^So you got bladderd eh!
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1613 on: December 07, 2012, 12:30 AM »

Had a cystoscopy today. It was a real party. Recommended.

Hubby's had one of those.  Tried to compare with childbirth fish
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1614 on: December 07, 2012, 11:20 AM »

Hubby's had one of those.  Tried to compare with childbirth fish

I fully admit that childbirth is probably 10/10, although when they push the camera through your prostate, it's about 7/10 on the Richter Scale.

When I was a kid, I had torsion in one of my dangly bits. That was a 9, especially when the district nurse pulled the stitches out.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1615 on: December 07, 2012, 01:52 PM »

Awww Nigel... shocking  hug
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1616 on: December 10, 2012, 08:58 PM »

And once again I come round staring up at the world! Rolling Eyes This time I passed out in the kitchen after doing nothing all day...this sucks!
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1617 on: December 11, 2012, 12:44 PM »

Hope you are feeling better today and that you get your appointment for your scan. I have fainted a few times and it is not pleasant. Surely your doctor should write a letter to the hospital and get you a quick appointment. You must be exasperated as well hope you get word soon about an appointment.
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1618 on: December 11, 2012, 08:35 PM »

Hope you are feeling better today and that you get your appointment for your scan. I have fainted a few times and it is not pleasant. Surely your doctor should write a letter to the hospital and get you a quick appointment. You must be exasperated as well hope you get word soon about an appointment.

Yeah I'd have thought she would too, but not heard anything. My dad did leave a message with the consultants office answering machine yesterday but no word. Thankfully been okay today but the uncertainty is stressing me out as is the need for constant babysitting to make sure I'm okay Smile
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1619 on: January 04, 2013, 07:19 PM »

Gutted......was told that the waiting list was 2 to 3 months but got phone call on Thursday to say that they can they can do the op on the 14th January so will have to be off work for at least 3 weeks......I am so upset.......
 jumping-w00t jumping-w00t roflmao roflmao 2 man down 2 man down...medicinal purposes only.. yahooo yahooo yahooo
Anyway, wish me luck.  Frown
[ Last edit by robbie January 04, 2013, 07:25 PM ] IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 107 [108] 109 110 111 ... 144 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »