Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 108 [109] 110 111 112 ... 140 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment?  (Read 33299 times)
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1620 on: January 04, 2013, 07:36 PM »

Sorry to hear you have not had any notification about your scan yet Hazybear you or your family will just have to keep phoning your doctor and put him under a bit of pressure. It is ridiculous you are having to wait so long
especially if you go out on your own and faint. Hope you are feeling a bit better.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1621 on: January 04, 2013, 07:42 PM »

Gutted......was told that the waiting list was 2 to 3 months but got phone call on Thursday to say that they can they can do the op on the 14th January so will have to be off work for at least 3 weeks......I am so upset.......
 jumping-w00t jumping-w00t roflmao roflmao 2 man down 2 man down...medicinal purposes only.. yahooo yahooo yahooo
Anyway, wish me luck.  Frown
Don't think I've ever seen anyone so chuffed about surgery. How much did that backhander cost for that dates?  Think
Good Luck, and when you recover you might need to either spend more time lifting weights, or less. Very Happy
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1622 on: January 04, 2013, 08:01 PM »

Don't think I've ever seen anyone so chuffed about surgery. How much did that backhander cost for that dates?  Think
Good Luck, and when you recover you might need to either spend more time lifting weights, or less. Very Happy

Just me being me....not all surgery is serious but as the old saying goes, "be careful what you wish for" nervous
And since I work in the operating theatre as a operating department practioner, I know the risks. Smile
IP Logged
Connor
World No 1

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1623 on: January 04, 2013, 08:06 PM »

Just recovered from a four day sore throat, violent chesty cough and sick rage. Hence my complaining for sleep as it was difficult to sleep for more than a few moments at a time.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1624 on: January 04, 2013, 08:08 PM »

Cripes Robbie.. sometimes it's not a good thing to be so knowledgeable about something, eh?
You'll be fine. hug
I've been on the op table several times, and look how I've turned out. Arf!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1625 on: January 04, 2013, 09:14 PM »

iv got a wee umbilica hernia...going to see doc soon to arrange a wee op......so might be able to see the Aussie open......waiting list permitting....hope the surgeon is a tennis fan.
A friend of mine had that done last year and was back at work in 2 weeks - and driving a car after 3 days, admittedly just around the town, although he was advised not too. Rolling Eyes

Just me being me....not all surgery is serious but as the old saying goes, "be careful what you wish for" nervous
And since I work in the operating theatre as a operating department practioner, I know the risks. Smile
Now that sounds very impressive! Think  In fact I just googled it.  Quite a responsible job, then.

I can understand how you feel though.  I once worked as a secretary in The Royal College of Surgeons in Edinburgh.  I was only there for a year but by the time I left I was convinced that I had at least two horrible medical conditions and also it made me terrified of hospitals.  I'd rather not know the nitty-gritty, thanks!

Good luck!

Just recovered from a four day sore throat, violent chesty cough and sick rage. Hence my complaining for sleep as it was difficult to sleep for more than a few moments at a time.
Nasty.  Hope you feel 100% soon.

Oh well I'm just getting over a bout of what I think was that darned Novovirus that's doing the rounds.  Feel utterly washed out. Frown

IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1626 on: January 05, 2013, 07:06 AM »

Probiotics again Aileen!

Good news for you Robbie doctor and I'm sure you'll be in good hands.

Oh Hazel hug

Vit C for you Muzzfan! And start building up that immune system!
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1627 on: January 05, 2013, 11:29 PM »

I hate illness, but don't we all?  Had a crap New Year overshadowed by some bad news re a young extended family member, whose life will never be the same again.  It's just rubbish that **** things happen to good people who don't deserve it.  However, it does make you appreciate your health and what you've got. 
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1628 on: January 06, 2013, 12:27 AM »

I hate illness, but don't we all?  Had a crap New Year overshadowed by some bad news re a young extended family member, whose life will never be the same again.  It's just rubbish that sh*t things happen to good people who don't deserve it.  However, it does make you appreciate your health and what you've got. 

hug Doesn't sound great Elly. Whatever the situation is, you and your family are in my prayers
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1629 on: January 06, 2013, 12:29 AM »

hug Doesn't sound great Elly. Whatever the situation is, you and your family are in my prayers
It's not great, Hazel.  Thank you.  Much appreciated.  x
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1630 on: January 06, 2013, 01:07 AM »

I hate illness, but don't we all?  Had a crap New Year overshadowed by some bad news re a young extended family member, whose life will never be the same again.  It's just rubbish that sh*t things happen to good people who don't deserve it.  However, it does make you appreciate your health and what you've got.  
Life can indeed be very cruel Elly, especially when life-changing illnesses/accidents happen to young people.  My thoughts are with you too. hug
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1631 on: January 06, 2013, 01:28 AM »

I hate illness, but don't we all?  Had a crap New Year overshadowed by some bad news re a young extended family member, whose life will never be the same again.  It's just rubbish that sh*t things happen to good people who don't deserve it.  However, it does make you appreciate your health and what you've got. 

I know what you mean hug
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1632 on: January 08, 2013, 01:21 AM »

Got a call about a cancellation appointment on the 17th to get my nerve block injection! So need to get the rest of the details on it but should get it then - now I just have to pray it works! Very Happy
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1633 on: January 08, 2013, 01:54 PM »

That's great Hazybear really hope the injection works and that you will feel better soon.
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1634 on: January 08, 2013, 10:53 PM »

That's great Hazybear really hope the injection works and that you will feel better soon.

Thanks Smile I know it won't have an immediate and complete affect but it should help and ease things. Then I need to work on retraining the nerves to not be overly sensitive and over-react. But prayer/positive thoughts - whatever, will be greatly appreciated towards it going well lol

This is what I'm getting done in a nice simplified way- the joys of youtube!

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 108 [109] 110 111 112 ... 140 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »