Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 109 [110] 111 112 113 ... 144 Go Down Reply
Author

Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment?

(Read 39758 times)
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1635 on: January 08, 2013, 11:09 PM »

Down with man flu. I can cope with that, but it's my wife's lack of compassion that does me in. She makes Margaret Thatcher look like Tinky Winky.
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1636 on: January 08, 2013, 11:18 PM »

Down with man flu. I can cope with that, but it's my wife's lack of compassion that does me in. She makes Margaret Thatcher look like Tinky Winky.

Aww poor Nigel hug  doctor
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1637 on: January 08, 2013, 11:25 PM »

lol  Hope you feel better soon though Nigel. hug
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1638 on: January 10, 2013, 12:57 AM »

Fluids and vitamin C doctor  but I'm kinda from the same mould as your wife Whistle
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1639 on: January 10, 2013, 01:14 AM »

Fluids and vitamin C doctor  but I'm kinda from the same mould as your wife Whistle
Aren't most women?  I mean, it was easy for me to give Nigel a virtual cuddle - but then, I don't have any personal involvement with him. Smile
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1640 on: January 10, 2013, 01:22 AM »

lol

I came across this (though I do remember reading something about it at the time but Nigel will say it's from the trash mag, Daily Mail Whistle )

Does 'man flu' really exist?

Dr Adler added: 'We haven't found any evidence of "man flu" yet.'

'We know that women react differently to infection. They are more sensitive to their health. Men bluster around a bit,' claimed Oxford. 'So there are differences in how men and women perceive illness.

'Men think they are going to die when they are unwell, so they go to bed and expect women to look after them.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2238237/Does-man-flu-really-exist-Study-finds-men-actually-likely-say-flu-symptoms-vary-according-gender.html#ixzz2HX02JGug
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1641 on: January 10, 2013, 02:34 AM »

^ I read the Mail and, despite Nigel's rubbishing it, find it quite a good newspaper, particularly because it does have a lot of interesting articles.  I'm quite capable of weeding out the sensationalist tripe which doesn't appeal to me anyway.

To me men are strange creatures when it comes to illness - either they fall apart at the first sign of a sniffle, pain, etc, or they will struggle on ignoring whatever symptoms they have, very often with tragic consequences, e.g. I know one man who might still be alive had he visited his GP sooner.  He was eventually diagnosed with stage 3 HL, but by that time he was really ill as the cancer had started to spread aggressively and failed to respond to either chemo or radiation.

As for woman, I think we probably are more careful about our bodies, but how we react to illnesses like flu really depends on the individual and how unwell we perceive ourselves to be, although, let's face it, full-blown flu can totally flatten even the most hardy person, be they male or female, which is why I've had an annual jab for the last 22 years - not that it'll be of any use should an unscheduled strain come along.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1642 on: January 10, 2013, 08:16 PM »

The Mail's alright, if you ignore those articles obviously designed to get you to hate someone or something.

This is easily the worst cold I've ever had.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Give me your JMac, Henman, Cash & 2 balls.

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1643 on: January 10, 2013, 08:38 PM »

Aww..You sure it's a cold, and not flu? Did you get the flu shot?

Sorry you feel so bad, and hope you feel better soon. hug

My mantra is Wash Your Hands, Wash Your Hands, Wash Your Hands.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1644 on: January 10, 2013, 08:54 PM »

This is easily the worst cold I've ever had.
Ah so it's a cold now, not flu. Smile  Whilst that might sound callous, a cold, no matter how bad it is, is likely to have fewer complications than flu, which can literally be a killer.  I can sympathise with how you must be feeling though. hug
[ Last edit by Aileen January 10, 2013, 09:33 PM ] IP Logged
AL1874
Top Seed

What was I drinking last night?

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1645 on: January 10, 2013, 09:06 PM »

Man up!  old only kidding only time and plenty of fluids will get you through, bugger I sound like my mum  Frown
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1646 on: January 10, 2013, 09:34 PM »

Man up!  old only kidding only time and plenty of fluids will get you through, bugger I sound like my mum  Frown
Hello - haven't heard from you for a while!
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1647 on: January 10, 2013, 10:30 PM »

I am so tired of being sore Frown think I've overdone it this week as my back is spasming and my arm feels like I'm being electrocuted Frown But hopefully by this time next week it will be less sore pray
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1648 on: January 11, 2013, 02:19 PM »

Hope so HB I am sure you will feel better soon after your injection keep your chin up.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Give me your JMac, Henman, Cash & 2 balls.

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1649 on: January 11, 2013, 04:00 PM »

Hang on in there, Hazel. Let us know how your treatment went.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 109 [110] 111 112 113 ... 144 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »