Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 113 [114] 115 116 117 ... 140 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment?  (Read 32797 times)
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1695 on: January 19, 2013, 12:27 PM »

What's the scoop, Hazel?  What are Doctors saying about your condition?

That they don't and probably won't know exactly what's causing it. BAsically the injection I had this week does have a history of helping reduce the type of nerve pain I have by blocking the nerves from sending the signals. But they can't guarantee it will work Shrug I'll get back to the consultant and say it hasn't worked and see what else he can suggest...but not really sure what next Frown 
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1696 on: January 19, 2013, 12:31 PM »

That they don't and probably won't know exactly what's causing it. BAsically the injection I had this week does have a history of helping reduce the type of nerve pain I have by blocking the nerves from sending the signals. But they can't guarantee it will work Shrug I'll get back to the consultant and say it hasn't worked and see what else he can suggest...but not really sure what next Frown 
How awful.  You are a young woman and to be living with this must be a total nightmare. 
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1697 on: January 19, 2013, 12:46 PM »

How awful.  You are a young woman and to be living with this must be a total nightmare. 

hug Thanks, it is rather trying Smile At least it gives me freedom to follow tennis Wink
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1698 on: January 19, 2013, 12:50 PM »

hug Thanks, it is rather trying Smile At least it gives me freedom to follow tennis Wink
Must be so frustrating, though - not being able to get to the bottom of the problem.  Really feel for you. x
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1699 on: January 24, 2013, 10:19 PM »

And fainted again today! So flipping fed up of this! (Deep breaths) however, must persevere- to quote Scarlett O'Hara 'After all, tomorrow is another day!' On which note I head to bed wave
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1700 on: January 25, 2013, 05:57 PM »

^ So not good.

For anyone interested my daughter's African shits turned into a visit to the hospital, and she was given fluids and an injection to stop her being sick and some antibiotics and she's back at work in the Clinic.  Phew - all's well that ends well.  Can't say I'm thrilled about her being so far away, but very proud of the work she's doing.
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1701 on: January 25, 2013, 06:05 PM »

^ So not good.

For anyone interested my daughter's African shits turned into a visit to the hospital, and she was given fluids and an injection to stop her being sick and some antibiotics and she's back at work in the Clinic.  Phew - all's well that ends well.  Can't say I'm thrilled about her being so far away, but very proud of the work she's doing.

Glad she got treated and it's worked hug
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1702 on: January 25, 2013, 06:07 PM »

Glad she got treated and it's worked hug
Thanks, Hazel.  Just wish you could get sorted as well.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1703 on: January 25, 2013, 07:13 PM »

Hazel - I'm not being funny - but have you tried any alternative therapies other than the Doctor?
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1704 on: January 25, 2013, 07:40 PM »

Hazel - I'm not being funny - but have you tried any alternative therapies other than the Doctor?

Had acupuncture before but not really anything else.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1705 on: January 25, 2013, 07:44 PM »

Had acupuncture before but not really anything else.
I'm taking it, it didn't work.  I must admit I don't know much about acupuncture.  I'm not sure what else to suggest. I'm sorry you're going through this.  Not nice.  no
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1706 on: January 26, 2013, 12:15 AM »

I'm taking it, it didn't work.  I must admit I don't know much about acupuncture.  I'm not sure what else to suggest. I'm sorry you're going through this.  Not nice.  no

hug Yeah didn't do much for me the last time though considering investigating it again to see if maybe different types of acupuncture may be able to work on some of the most sensitive areas. Need to go see my lovely masseuse next week and get her to loosen up some of the muscles again Smile
Now that this injection has been tried and hasn't worked the first time, I'm going to do some more reading and see what other options might be available along that line.

And to add to it I seem to be coming down with the cold/sore throat my dads been harbouring all week! My throat feels like sandpaper and inflamed and my sinuses hurt Rolling Eyes

Ah well got to count my blessings- got a roof over my head, plenty of food to eat, clothes, clean water, heating and money to get by. I'm doing a lot better than millions; in fact billions in the world tonight. And despite my current pain and problems I thank God that I have all that and can get healthcare without paying for it or without having access to it at all.
IP Logged
Connor
World No 1

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1707 on: January 26, 2013, 12:19 AM »

I'm ill today with a bout of idiocy and cockiness Frown
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1708 on: January 26, 2013, 12:42 AM »

I'm ill today with a bout of idiocy and cockiness Frown
Hmmm... idiot and cock - not seeing a cure - just a way of life!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1709 on: January 26, 2013, 12:44 AM »

Hmmm... idiot and cock - not seeing a cure - just a way of life!
Elly - MF is a teenager, in case you don't know.  I'm not excusing him by the way, but perhaps it'll help if you know where he's coming from.  We were all that age once!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 113 [114] 115 116 117 ... 140 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »