Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 118 [119] 120 121 122 ... 144 Go Down Reply
Author

Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment?

(Read 37517 times)
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1770 on: April 28, 2013, 06:31 PM »

Get better soon wifey.

Aww, I feel much better just reading that. lol
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1771 on: April 28, 2013, 07:17 PM »

Hope you feel better soon. Yes I go every year to Kirkcaldy hospital to have my eyes checked too but have been okay. Must admit the service in Fife is good I have a checkup done every year and the nurse does my blood every few months. I take two different tablets for my diabetes and they are very good. My sugar is well under control. Hope you see about your eyes soon Aileen keep your chin up I'm sure you will get an appointment soon. Take care.
I have to inject insulin, which is a bit of a nuisance at times, albeit a minor one.  I never go anywhere without my testing kit though.  I've never had a hypo, although I've come close on a few occasions, so always have a small bar of chocolate with me too.

Luckily my vision isn't affected since so far it's only some of the very tiny blood vessels round the periphery of my eyes that are leaking.  Things haven't really changed much over the past few years but last time I had the retinopathic screening done by my optician, he felt a second opinion was now necessary to determine whether I need laser treatment now to seal them off.  I'm just very grateful that these days something can be done about it.  It won't cure the condition but should at least slow down its progress.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1772 on: April 29, 2013, 11:28 AM »

I suppose I can say I am lucky Aileen as I was only diagnosed just before I retired. I always felt very tired but I just put it down to my job. I had a lot of walking to do and I was overweight I went to the doctor and he tested me for diabetes and it was positive. I have lost over 3 stones in weight and must admit I feel better for it.I do get tired easily but my husband is always telling me to slow down but if a job needs done it needs done. Hope you get your appointment soon for your eyes Aileen you must worry about your sight let me know how you get on.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1773 on: April 29, 2013, 05:30 PM »

Thanks LB.  I do get concerned about my sight but try not to think about, just make sure I have a thorough annual check.  However that recent conjunctivitis in my right eye got me worried, especially as it seemed as though it was never going to clear up and I had to get more ointment from the doctor.  Fortunately that's done the trick and the eye is fine now.  I got a scare as well when he said initially that he thought I might have an ulcer on the cornea, but thankfully a quick test revealed nothing. I also have to be careful about my feet because I've a good degree of neuropathy there, which means that my feet have a significant loss of sensation which gives them a permanent slightly tingling sensation, like you get when the local anaesthetic the dentist gives you is wearing off, but I've got so used to that it rarely bothers me.

I'd been retired for a year before I was diagnosed.  The only symptom I'd had was that I'd felt constantly thirsty for quite a while but somehow failed to make any connection despite diabetes running in my family.  It was only when I finally began to feel really unwell that I went to my GP and when I went to the clinic my sugar level was so high they were amazed I could even stand up!  Also I was hugely overweight.  I'm still a bit on the tubby side but after losing nearly four stones the amount of insulin I need has almost halved.. It's reckoned that most people with type 2 diabetes have had it for anything up to seven years before being diagnosed because they may have put the symptoms, like tiredness, down to something else (I blamed an unusually hot summer for mine).

I'd strongly advise anyone over the age of 40 to get an annual blood sugar check.  All it involves is a quick jab in a finger to get a small drop of blood to put on a test strip, which is then placed in a blood sugar monitor.  If caught early enough often only a change in diet is all that's required to keep it under control and so avoid future complications.
[ Last edit by Aileen April 29, 2013, 05:37 PM ] IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1774 on: May 11, 2013, 03:57 PM »

Still sick. Must be 2 weeks. Never been ill for so long except during chicken pox. Frown

Because of my severe cold, sore throat and mild body pain, I am feeling so, so tired. Must have finished a full tissue box today for just blowing my nose. I'm the only one at home now. All my family members have gone for some barbecue grilling and I'm missing all the fun. Frown

The cold and runny nose is the main problem. It is damn irritating because I always have to reach out for a tissue or go to the sink. The worst holiday possible.
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1775 on: May 11, 2013, 04:01 PM »

Still sick. Must be 2 weeks. Never been ill for so long except during chicken pox. Frown

Because of my severe cold, sore throat and mild body pain, I am feeling so, so tired. Must have finished a full tissue box today for just blowing my nose. I'm the only one at home now. All my family members have gone for some barbecue grilling
Ain't good for ones skin Sabine,your better out of it.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1776 on: May 11, 2013, 04:03 PM »

Ain't good for ones skin Sabine,your better out of it.

Hmm, maybe. Actually, yeah...I think if I had gone along, i would just be cuddled up in a corner because it is so cold and not really in a mood for it. Better off at home.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1777 on: May 19, 2013, 07:19 PM »

Because of my severe cold, sore throat and mild body pain, I am feeling so, so tired. Must have finished a full tissue box today for just blowing my nose. I'm the only one at home now. All my family members have gone for some barbecue grilling and I'm missing all the fun. Frown

The cold and runny nose is the main problem. It is damn irritating because I always have to reach out for a tissue or go to the sink. The worst holiday possible.
Hope you're feeling a lot better now, Sabine. hug
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1778 on: May 19, 2013, 08:20 PM »

Hope you're feeling a lot better now, Sabine. hug

Oh yeah, I'm fine right now, thanks Ail. Smile
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1779 on: May 19, 2013, 09:58 PM »

Oh yeah, I'm fine right now, thanks Ail. Smile
That's good to hear because you sounded like you were having a really rough time.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1780 on: May 20, 2013, 07:38 AM »

That's good to hear because you sounded like you were having a really rough time.

Yes, rough and tough it was. The problem was the timing. You really dont wannna fall sick in your holidays. no
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1781 on: May 20, 2013, 03:34 PM »

Yes, rough and tough it was. The problem was the timing. You really dont wannna fall sick in your holidays. no
Aww Sabine - I didn't know it was while you were on vacation.  That must have been really horrible.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1782 on: May 20, 2013, 03:43 PM »

Aww Sabine - I didn't know it was while you were on vacation.  That must have been really horrible.

Yes, it was. But happy it is all over. I'm perfectly fine now. Smile
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1783 on: May 20, 2013, 03:46 PM »

hug
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Medical Talk - Are you ill at the moment? « Reply #1784 on: June 05, 2013, 04:14 PM »

And passed out into a cupboard on top of the vacuum cleaner this morning Rolling Eyes was out for about 8 minutes according to my brother and my arm then rest of me was twitching due to the nerve pain while I was still out Frown
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 118 [119] 120 121 122 ... 144 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »