Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Jurgen Melzer, Wednesday, Time TBA - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  Middle East and North Africa unrest 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 19 Go Down Reply
Author

Middle East and North Africa unrest

(Read 7268 times)
MT
Futures Level

Re: Middle East and North Africa unrest « Reply #15 on: February 04, 2011, 07:07 PM »

Sorry I meant news.

Often You Tube shows these things and the corrupt suckups that run Sky, BBC etc don't. If they do I reckon its bigger than Tiananmen Sqaure.

IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Middle East and North Africa unrest « Reply #16 on: February 04, 2011, 07:15 PM »

I'll be surprised if they show that on the news anytime soon!
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Middle East and North Africa unrest « Reply #17 on: February 04, 2011, 07:25 PM »

Mainstream may not be allowed to show it as it's of people getting killed?
IP Logged
MT
Futures Level

Re: Middle East and North Africa unrest « Reply #18 on: February 04, 2011, 07:26 PM »

I'll be surprised if they show that on the news anytime soon!

Guess so I'm being stupid but they should. We need news that is real not the sanitised politicised drivel we are served up with.
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Middle East and North Africa unrest « Reply #19 on: February 04, 2011, 07:36 PM »

More likely to be shown on Top Gear.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Middle East and North Africa unrest « Reply #20 on: February 04, 2011, 07:51 PM »

Guess so I'm being stupid but they should. We need news that is real not the sanitised politicised drivel we are served up with.
You're right of course!
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Middle East and North Africa unrest « Reply #21 on: February 04, 2011, 08:47 PM »

IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Middle East and North Africa unrest « Reply #22 on: February 04, 2011, 10:48 PM »

In defence of the Egyptian police and army, today they did implement strict security for those entering the square and kept a tight perimeter to protect them from any pro-Mubarak supporters, which made a huge difference by the looks of it.
IP Logged
MT
Futures Level

Re: Middle East and North Africa unrest « Reply #23 on: February 05, 2011, 12:34 AM »

In defence of the Egyptian police and army, today they did implement strict security for those entering the square and kept a tight perimeter to protect them from any pro-Mubarak supporters, which made a huge difference by the looks of it.

and then ran over them all
[ Last edit by Mark February 05, 2011, 09:17 AM ] IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Middle East and North Africa unrest « Reply #24 on: February 05, 2011, 02:30 AM »

That wasn't yesterday and not all of them are bad, just like not all the protesters are good and not everything is black and white
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Middle East and North Africa unrest « Reply #25 on: February 05, 2011, 07:05 AM »

Seems like nothing's ever black and white these days!
IP Logged
MT
Futures Level

Re: Middle East and North Africa unrest « Reply #26 on: February 05, 2011, 05:48 PM »

That wasn't yesterday and not all of them are bad, just like not all the protesters are good and not everything is black and white

yes of course but a policeman/soldier is there to maintain law and order which makes thugs in authority far more sinister than the average street thug. If the drivers are acting on behalf of the government then it is even more shameful and horrific. I haven't seen or heard anything about this on the news in UK.
IP Logged
Tommy
World No 1

woo hoo

Re: Middle East and North Africa unrest « Reply #27 on: February 05, 2011, 06:42 PM »

Seen some reports from Egypt of journalists being beaten by government officals. Very scary stuff...
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Middle East and North Africa unrest « Reply #28 on: February 06, 2011, 04:22 AM »

yes of course but a policeman/soldier is there to maintain law and order which makes thugs in authority far more sinister than the average street thug. If the drivers are acting on behalf of the government then it is even more shameful and horrific. I haven't seen or heard anything about this on the news in UK.
I've just got myself a digital TV, out of necessity because my analogue TV is far too old to be upgraded to digital come June when the switchover takes place here.

If you've got digital and want to get an in-depth picture about what's going on in Egypt, go to the Al Jazeera English channel (89 on my set).  It broadcasts from 6 pm to 11pm every day.  In addition to the regular news reports, you get videos and text messages sent in by local people.
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Middle East and North Africa unrest « Reply #29 on: February 06, 2011, 07:45 AM »

Aileen !! You're an Al Jazeera fan - you and Buhweet both!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 19 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »