Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  Minor irritations 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 46 Go Down Reply
Author

Minor irritations

(Read 11484 times)
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Minor irritations « Reply #105 on: May 07, 2011, 11:17 AM »

People who brake for speed cameras that are ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE ROAD. Gah.
I've done that a few times, it's not stupidity, it's the issue with speed cam warnings on GPS devices.
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

Re: Minor irritations « Reply #106 on: May 07, 2011, 12:02 PM »

People who wear sunglasses indoors/in clubs.

People who wear sunglasses on the tube.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Minor irritations « Reply #107 on: May 07, 2011, 01:14 PM »

Just got back from son's swimming lesson. Car park was packed and one car was straddling the last two remaining spaces. That's justifiable homicide.
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Minor irritations « Reply #108 on: May 07, 2011, 03:40 PM »

People who wear sunglasses on the tube.

yes
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Minor irritations « Reply #109 on: May 07, 2011, 04:34 PM »

How about lechers who try to feel you bum on the tube........or gaze down the front of your top in the rush hour!  yuk
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Re: Minor irritations « Reply #110 on: May 07, 2011, 09:19 PM »

****...  textbooks that look like you could read in a few days before the exam but actually takes a million years to decipher and understand one page because of the tiny font. I have lazy eyes and astigmatism as it is... who is this crap created for? shocking
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Minor irritations « Reply #111 on: May 08, 2011, 06:10 AM »

top_spin, If u r very stuck for time  read first and last chapter, or if u must first and last paragraphs of specific chapters. Intros and summing ups should be all u need.
One for you?
Academics who are sarcastic and supercilious just because they've spent their lives at universities and know more than you do in one tiny area.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Minor irritations « Reply #112 on: May 08, 2011, 06:36 AM »

Nigel - you have so many irritations, your life must be very hard! lol

Another of mine is the cretins who think up long-winded job titles - like 'refuse collection operatives' for 'dustmen'.  Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Minor irritations « Reply #113 on: May 08, 2011, 07:49 AM »

Aileen it's no longer "door handles" but suddenly, without me noticing, it's "door furniture" have also inlocal pet shop seen "cat furniture" and "reptile accessories" yuk Had to leave shop at once..... Wink
Why has no-one said ringing up phone companies??? Or is that a MAJOR irritation? Think
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Minor irritations « Reply #114 on: May 08, 2011, 12:34 PM »

When couriers try and get the neighbor, sometimes several houses away, to accept a delivery.

Just take it back to the depot and let them organise a time when their in.

IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Minor irritations « Reply #115 on: May 08, 2011, 12:40 PM »

When people in front of me in stores, or in cars, slow down, and generally P on the wheels of progress ....... grrrrr
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Re: Minor irritations « Reply #116 on: May 08, 2011, 05:16 PM »

Sitting in the library trying to work and the girl and boy next to you snogging each other's face off...
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

Re: Minor irritations « Reply #117 on: May 08, 2011, 09:40 PM »

People in Oxford St and other touristy and hideously busy areas of London who either walk INCREDIBLY slowly or stop in the middle of the pavement or have mini cases on wheel (not gonna lie, I've kicked a fair few of them....)
IP Logged
Lucky Loser
Challenger Level

Damed if we do & Damned if we don't!

Re: Minor irritations « Reply #118 on: May 08, 2011, 10:24 PM »

When people actually have the audacity to drive on "MY ROAD" and hey who the H*ll invented Traffic Lights...How dare they
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

MW 2006 Fantasy WC & Prediction League Champion

Re: Minor irritations « Reply #119 on: May 09, 2011, 02:08 AM »

The sound of people eating.

W**kers on buses, usually in small groups, listening to music without headphones - usually from cellphones. It's always the most awful gangster rap or some sh*t and everyone on the bus has to listen to it.

People who get onto a bus, tell the driver where they want to go then proceed to hold up the bus for 5 minutes while searching frantically through every section of the bag/wallet/jacket/pockets for their money. You know you're going to need your bus pass or some money to get on the bus, so have it out ready (or at least easily accessible in your pocket) while waiting at the bus stop.

Living with flatmates in a house you don't own and thus cannot make the rules yourself. From my experience since moving to Wellington, when you live in someone else's house using all their stuff (and they live there too), you just have to accept that there will always be things that are not good enough for them and you will always be blamed. Whether it's a mark on a new frying pan, or the household goes over the monthly internet bandwidth limit and gets charged more or something is cleaned with the wrong product or not to standard etc or the monthly power bill goes up a lot, it must always be entirely your fault. It's nothing to do with them leaving the pan uncleaned for 3 or 4 days (thus making it quite difficult to scrub) or them using the clothes drier all the time and leaving computers on overnight and the TV and all lights on when out for hours combined with the fact they you basically half live at your girlfriend's place and are never home more than 2 nights in a row etc.
[ Last edit by invisibleman18 May 09, 2011, 02:19 AM ] IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 46 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »