Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs David Ferrer, Saturday, Time: 2pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  Minor irritations 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 ... 46 Go Down Reply
Author

Minor irritations

(Read 13107 times)
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Minor irritations « Reply #540 on: April 13, 2012, 06:43 PM »

Having just read the plot summary on Wikipedia and Amazon, that doesn't seem to play a significant role at all?

Strange Think
Starts off with all women overnight having  their credit cards locked. They have no access to money as cash is no longer used, so they suddenly become invisible non people.
Was made into a film.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Minor irritations « Reply #541 on: April 15, 2012, 03:36 PM »

People who drive below the speed limit... then speed up and sit on your tail after you've overtaken them.
IP Logged
Iris
ATP Level

Re: Minor irritations « Reply #542 on: April 15, 2012, 03:49 PM »

Referees who make ludicrous decisions.......yes, they should go to Specsavers!
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Minor irritations « Reply #543 on: April 17, 2012, 10:27 AM »

Cold-callers... like fine-wine sellers, US bonds salespeople from NY and stuff like the Home Energy Survey.

BUT, I have a solution. I recently got a digital voice recorder, so I can record phone calls with clients. When the Home Energy people come on the phone, I simply say, 'Hold on a second, I'll be right back.' From there, it's a simple step to play back down the phone line my recording with, say, a Japanese dental-chair company, while I get on with my work.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Minor irritations « Reply #544 on: April 17, 2012, 10:40 AM »

I don't know why you just don't say hold on a sec and just leave them waiting!  It helps being ex-directory I think.  My line, after hello, is how did you get this number?  And then sorry, not interested. ignore 

The con computer helpline has been targeting people in the NZ over recent months and my old boss messed about with them for ages (nothing better to do I guess) and they hung up on him when he said 'oh, is the computer supposed to be on then' lol
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Minor irritations « Reply #545 on: April 17, 2012, 10:49 AM »

We've had fog these last few mornings and it amazes me the number of cars on the road without lights on - I think that the drivers think they can see where they are going and don't give a crap if other drivers can't see them coming naughty
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

Re: Minor irritations « Reply #546 on: April 17, 2012, 11:33 AM »

We've had fog these last few mornings and it amazes me the number of cars on the road without lights on - I think that the drivers think they can see where they are going and don't give a crap if other drivers can't see them coming naughty

What's worse is putting fog lights on at the merest hint of mist.... then leaving them on till June (read 'December', Bev).

Fog lights should be used only for the kind of fog you get on Scooby Doo.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

Re: Minor irritations « Reply #547 on: April 17, 2012, 11:34 AM »

Driving standards in NZ are grim, I've heard?
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

Re: Minor irritations « Reply #548 on: April 17, 2012, 11:54 AM »

Cold-callers... like fine-wine sellers, US bonds salespeople from NY and stuff like the Home Energy Survey.

BUT, I have a solution. I recently got a digital voice recorder, so I can record phone calls with clients. When the Home Energy people come on the phone, I simply say, 'Hold on a second, I'll be right back.' From there, it's a simple step to play back down the phone line my recording with, say, a Japanese dental-chair company, while I get on with my work.

And there we go. Speak of the Devil. "Is that Mr Grabbber? This is the Solar Energy Survey. Can we ask you a few questions?"

Yeah, sure. (Gets out voice recorder, finds recording of Tokyo client)

"Ahhh, Nigahhh Grabahhhhh, nice to meet yahhh. Dental chair offahhh good cushion. Very f*kka-'f*kkah. Yahhhh. Is erevating experience. Spirituah.'

'Mr Grabbbber, Mr Grabbbbber? Are you there?'
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Minor irritations « Reply #549 on: April 17, 2012, 12:43 PM »

What's worse is putting fog lights on at the merest hint of mist.... then leaving them on till June (read 'December', Bev).

Fog lights should be used only for the kind of fog you get on Scooby Doo.

I'm talking lights, not fog lights. Don't usually get pea soupers here though the Waikato is renowned for fog during autumn and winter.

To say that they are real crappy drivers would be an understatement! Most cars are automatic, so they don't have to think about changing gears, they ignore speed limits and even though it's banned, mobile phones are often glued to peoples hands ( which is free as they are driving an automatic ) naughty
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Minor irritations « Reply #550 on: April 17, 2012, 02:04 PM »

And there we go. Speak of the Devil. "Is that Mr Grabbber? This is the Solar Energy Survey. Can we ask you a few questions?"

Yeah, sure. (Gets out voice recorder, finds recording of Tokyo client)

"Ahhh, Nigahhh Grabahhhhh, nice to meet yahhh. Dental chair offahhh good cushion. Very f*kka-'f*kkah. Yahhhh. Is erevating experience. Spirituah.'

'Mr Grabbbber, Mr Grabbbbber? Are you there?'
lmao  Love that one - if it's true!
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Minor irritations « Reply #551 on: April 17, 2012, 07:18 PM »

Just thought I ought to give credit where it's due - there were no road fatalities over the Easter period (Fri-Mon) but police were cracking down on speedsters with just a 4 kph leeway (sp).
[ Last edit by Bevc April 18, 2012, 10:51 AM ] IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Minor irritations « Reply #552 on: April 18, 2012, 10:53 AM »

People who thank other people on FB, even though they live in the same house.  And always put love u at the end of the post Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Minor irritations « Reply #553 on: April 18, 2012, 10:59 AM »

People who thank other people on FB, even though they live in the same house.  And always put love u at the end of the post Rolling Eyes

I could write a 10 point list about Facebook, or more, the people who use it.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Minor irritations « Reply #554 on: April 18, 2012, 11:07 AM »

I don't know why I keep looking coz it just winds me up and have to log out before I post a sarcastic remark shutup
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 ... 46 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »