Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, Monday, Estimated time - 8:00pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  MW Dating 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 Go Down Reply
Author

MW Dating

(Read 8536 times)
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: MW Dating « Reply #285 on: February 26, 2013, 05:38 PM »

Love probably being the worst but the stock market is another example. The most intelligent people will lose everything if they don't have the character required.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: MW Dating « Reply #286 on: February 26, 2013, 05:41 PM »

Love probably being the worst but the stock market is another example. The most intelligent people will lose everything if they don't have the character required.
Yeah - it's easy to get 'caught up' in stuff that you 'want' badly - so much so, that all good sense goes out of the window. 
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: MW Dating « Reply #287 on: February 27, 2013, 12:15 AM »

There are only a handful of people who are overall intelligent. Most people can be very intelligent about one or some things but utterly dumb about other things. To me, the word 'intelligent; means being truly aware of things.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: MW Dating « Reply #288 on: February 27, 2013, 01:26 AM »

Is this how you talk on a date, Emma?
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: MW Dating « Reply #289 on: February 27, 2013, 01:34 AM »

There are only a handful of people who are overall intelligent. Most people can be very intelligent about one or some things but utterly dumb about other things. To me, the word 'intelligent; means being truly aware of things.
So are you saying that only people who are truly aware of absolutely everything are intelligent?  If so, I'd say that that's an impossible criteria to fulfil.

Also intelligence and emotions don't often go too well together.  Head tells you one thing, heart tells you another, and I reckon there are a lot of intelligent people who wished they'd listened to what their head was telling them where romance is concerned. 
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: MW Dating « Reply #290 on: February 27, 2013, 02:02 AM »

So are you saying that only people who are truly aware of absolutely everything are intelligent?  If so, I'd say that that's an impossible criteria to fulfil.

Also intelligence and emotions don't often go too well together.  Head tells you one thing, heart tells you another, and I reckon there are a lot of intelligent people who wished they'd listened to what their head was telling them where romance is concerned. 

I wasn't talking in the dating scene sense of course but more in general. Yes, it is an impossible criteria to fulfill mostly because of our limited ability in the physical realm. That's why I said only a handful people can be 'intelligent' in that sense. I'd say once you know and understand who you truly are, only then you can be truly aware of things; hence, Socrates' know thyself. He's definitely trying to tell you something there. A Master himself. Also, I'd say Jesus, Buddha, Krishna, Muhammad, Moses and later Gandhi, Mother Teresa, Einstein, Deepak Chopra etc. (and a few more perhaps) are/were all truly intelligent beings.  Because they all more or less knew the true meaning of life therefore, their emotion and intelligence would always be in harmony.  Both their heart and brain would agree on the same thing. 

But I am not judging that woman who made the mistake and moved in with a guy she hardly knew. It's only through mistakes we get to learn the real deal so I kind of welcome it. It's just that some are highly evolved beings and tend to learn much quicker from their mistakes than the rest of us. But even so, I don't think anyone can learn about everything in one lifetime but that's a matter of a separate discussion.   
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: MW Dating « Reply #291 on: February 27, 2013, 02:07 AM »

Serious question, Emma.

Is this how you talk on a date?
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: MW Dating « Reply #292 on: February 27, 2013, 02:21 AM »

I wasn't talking in the dating scene sense of course but more in general. Yes, it is an impossible criteria to fulfill mostly because of our limited ability in the physical realm. That's why I said only a handful people can be 'intelligent' in that sense. I'd say once you know and understand who you truly are, only then you can be truly aware of things; hence, Socrates' know thyself. He's definitely trying to tell you something there. A Master himself. Also, I'd say Jesus, Buddha, Krishna, Muhammad, Moses and later Gandhi, Mother Teresa, Einstein, Deepak Chopra etc. (and a few more perhaps) are/were all truly intelligent beings.  Because they all more or less knew the true meaning of life therefore, their emotion and intelligence would always be in harmony.  Both their heart and brain would agree on the same thing. 
I know you were talking in the general sense, but you're referring to people who have, or had, attained full spiritual enlightenment (I'm not sure about Einstein though), and people like that are very rare indeed.  I was thinking more about people we can all relate to, i.e. those who live in the physical realm.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: MW Dating « Reply #293 on: February 27, 2013, 02:37 AM »

I know you were talking in the general sense, but you're referring to people who have, or had, attained full spiritual enlightenment (I'm not sure about Einstein though), and people like that are very rare indeed.  I was thinking more about people we can all relate to, i.e. those who live in the physical realm.

I believe Einstein became more and more spiritual at the later stage judging by some of his comments. He at least understood what the Universe (and beyond) was all about. Do you not think he wondered about the possibilities beyond the Big Bang? Because he was a scientist, he wasn't going to say anything he couldn't prove but I am sure he had his doubts about certain things - even about science because the model couldn't also provide or tie in all the missing links.

I believe what makes us 'normal' or 'typical beings' is what we choose to believe for ourselves. It's not like those people came from some outer space and taught us a few things. They were all human beings including Deepak Chopra. They just chose a different path because they were truly and genuinely curious about life in general and didn't just stop questioning. Most of us choose the comfort in life. That woman who decided to move in so quickly, she did so because she was desperate and because her belief system was flawed. After this experience she may just become a very different person. I don't believe you can be anything unless and until you go through a series of experiences that will eventually change your life and your thoughts.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: MW Dating « Reply #294 on: February 27, 2013, 02:55 AM »

I asked you a genuine question, but I guess you don't want to discuss it. Shrug

Goodnight.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: MW Dating « Reply #295 on: February 27, 2013, 03:36 AM »

I asked you a genuine question, but I guess you don't want to discuss it. Shrug

Goodnight.

See, women are so impatient. I was actualling taking my time answering your question. Mind you, I aleardy know what you have on your mind. Anyway, answering Aileen's post was easy as I didn't have to think as much. Also, I needed to pick my sister up from the station, but then I got stuck in the elevator for 5 minutes and the security guard had to come in and rescue me. But now the snow is coming down really hard so I had to tell my sister to take the bus instead.

So to answer your question, it depends. I've dated guys, let's say, who are not very ordinary so no matter what I'd talked about,, it was all welcome and okay by them. They in fact loved it. This is no bragging btw and I am simply sharing becasue you insisted on it, but guys are very attracted to me on or offline. I can both flirt and talk about serioius matter at the same time. The reason I don't get involved is because I am actually not very much into the ideal of living my life with one person who just might put some boundaries around me (speaking from previous experience), and that will probably suffocate me. I need to stay and roam free, you see. Smile But more importantly, I feel I am on a different path and I am not sure if it's a path for all. I am open though and ready for any kind of changes as long as it helps me evolve and grow.

Well anyway, I hope my answer was satisfactory enough to fulfil your curiosity. Smile Now I have to say adios as well. It's kind of past my bedtime. lol
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: MW Dating « Reply #296 on: February 27, 2013, 11:59 AM »

I was strongly agreeing with you as I read your comment and then you dumped that bit at the end. Oh well, we nearly had one of those rare moments.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: MW Dating « Reply #297 on: February 27, 2013, 02:49 PM »

Emma.. Thank you for responding. I was trying to have a dialogue, but it appeared as if you were ignoring me.

I asked the question because you mentioned earlier that you hadn't dated in a while, you tell your friends to get lost when they tell you to ease up, and that you care for a true relationship.

You say you like to flirt, but don't like when men flirt when they approach you, and you obviously enjoy sharing your lengthy opinions about intellect and spiritualism.

It's all very confusing and not really very condusive to dating, but good luck to you on your path of evolution.
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: MW Dating « Reply #298 on: February 28, 2013, 12:43 PM »

But I am not judging that woman who made the mistake and moved in with a guy she hardly knew. It's only through mistakes we get to learn the real deal so I kind of welcome it. It's just that some are highly evolved beings and tend to learn much quicker from their mistakes than the rest of us. But even so, I don't think anyone can learn about everything in one lifetime but that's a matter of a separate discussion.   

Deepak ******* Chopra? That's like dropping Sarah Palin into a list of the world's most enlightened individuals.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: MW Dating « Reply #299 on: February 28, 2013, 10:11 PM »

^ Deepak's out to make money, and lots of it.  I just refrained from mentioning that fact earlier.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »