Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  Music Talk 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 14 Go Down Reply
Author

Music Talk

(Read 12157 times)
Josh
Seed

Re: Music Talk « Reply #120 on: November 01, 2005, 08:53 AM »

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Make it stop, please [-o<
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

Re: Music Talk « Reply #121 on: November 01, 2005, 08:53 AM »

hmmm i dont know....i dont disagree with music competitions, i just think they're over done....like you say josh, will young has made a career out of it, and in my opinion he has a fantastic voice....

but steve brookstein having a career? well it was just never going to happen was it. in the beginning it was more focussed on the talent - now its just focussed on the judges...
american idol on the otherhand does manage to find some truly great vocalists and is great fun to watch as well Very Happy

BUT I NEVER SAW THE WAY THE ORANGE SLAYED THE RAKE roflmao
IP Logged
Josh
Seed

Re: Music Talk « Reply #122 on: November 01, 2005, 08:57 AM »

The X Factor does have a lot more focus on the judges.  I don't think it would be half as successful if they didn't have Louis Walsh, Simon Cowelll And Sharon Osborne
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

Re: Music Talk « Reply #123 on: November 01, 2005, 09:02 AM »

Quote from: "Josh"
The X Factor does have a lot more focus on the judges.  I don't think it would be half as successful if they didn't have Louis Walsh, Simon Cowelll And Sharon Osborne

thats true Smile but there just seems to be a sheer lack of talent.....or a lack of recognition of talent....
i havent been watching it this series, because i've been away at uni (and after louis walsh got rid of daniel at boot camp i got very annoyed), but last year, apart from roberta who went out in the first round of the finals, can you honestly say that any of the finalists were likely to have had a singing career in pop music? they seem to pick novelty acts which they think will win the publics vote rather than acts that they think could have longevity in the charts. i mean obviously the problem is that really talented bands will stay away from the auditions because they don't want to be tarred with the reality tv brush Smile
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Re: Music Talk « Reply #124 on: November 01, 2005, 03:45 PM »

the X Factor... c'mon people!  Rolling Eyes these reality TV shows.. gahh what a nightmare!
Just HOW many have we had?! and is there anyone that's made it to number one and stayed there for at least a month, then came back and made it big again... no!!
I think these shows were a good idea at first.. maybe 2 PopIdols, 2 X-Factors... ok 4 Big Brothers...  wink but no one is famous.. and all we're getting are celebrities that aren't even famous for anything - just because they won some show a couple years back!

I agree... Will Young is possibly the ONLY one that has made a respectable carrear out of winning a reality TV shows program...
for example - Anthony won Big Bro 2005 (6th Big Bro UK) ...and the day he won it, i haven't seen his since! Yes, ok maybe this is nice eye candy for the girls.. but what? he's not even talented.. just a handsome boy who turns out to be better than 12 other housemates...  Rolling Eyes and who remembers Fame Acadamy.. yea ok Lemar is a famous face but anyone remember Peter from Fame Acadamy 2?! no!
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

Re: Music Talk « Reply #125 on: November 01, 2005, 03:47 PM »

totally agree with you julia, except on one thing - anthony was not good looking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Re: Music Talk « Reply #126 on: November 01, 2005, 03:51 PM »

Quote from: "eira_arian"
totally agree with you julia, except on one thing - anthony was not good looking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

O:) haha... no i think he's ghastly...
i just remember all those posters on the final BB night... Anthony marry me... !!  :vom:
it's the only reason why he won in the end!!
and have you realised that not many girls win!? it's because not many boys/men watch reality TV.. so they don't get the chance to vote for the "pretty girls"
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

Re: Music Talk « Reply #127 on: November 02, 2005, 07:24 PM »

just wondering if anyones ever heard the kelly clarkson song 'beautiful disaster'.....so good, absolutely love it, esp. the live version....i am quite tempted to buy the album on the basis of that one song  Very Happy

also, the ben folds track  landed.

and sarah mclachlan 'full of grace'

?? anyone ??
IP Logged
hulahoop
Seed

Home is where the heart is!

Re: Music Talk « Reply #128 on: November 02, 2005, 08:24 PM »

Yup. I adore Kelly Clarkson. And that track is great.

I'm supposed to be waiting till Christmas for her latest album, but I've downloaded it.  Embarassed  Embarassed
IP Logged
hulahoop
Seed

Home is where the heart is!

Re: Music Talk « Reply #129 on: November 02, 2005, 08:29 PM »

Quote from: "top_spin"
and who remembers Fame Acadamy.. yea ok Lemar is a famous face but anyone remember Peter from Fame Acadamy 2?! no!

8)  I've just recieved my signed copy of Malachi's second album.

I was a huge FA 1 fan and adored Sinead, Mal and Ainslie. Even though I live about 8 miles from Alex Parks so supported her on FA2, I hated the second series. It was so cheaply produced. BAH.

There's a wonderful pic of Anfny (as I call him) showing off his starring role in panto at DARLINGTON.  Rolling Eyes

lol  lol  He looks more of a prat than usual, doesn't he?
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Re: Music Talk « Reply #130 on: November 02, 2005, 09:16 PM »

Quote from: "Tally"
Quote from: "top_spin"
and who remembers Fame Acadamy.. yea ok Lemar is a famous face but anyone remember Peter from Fame Acadamy 2?! no!

8)  I've just recieved my signed copy of Malachi's second album.

I was a huge FA 1 fan and adored Sinead, Mal and Ainslie. Even though I live about 8 miles from Alex Parks so supported her on FA2, I hated the second series. It was so cheaply produced. BAH.

There's a wonderful pic of Anfny (as I call him) showing off his starring role in panto at DARLINGTON.  Rolling Eyes

lol  lol  He looks more of a prat than usual, doesn't he?

roflmao phwaaor! what an idoit he is!! he wasn't that bad in the house.. but he's veeery strange. The 70's dancing job he has really suits him, although i bet there are more gay men there then proper audience  Rolling Eyes

Alex Parks was great!! although i did erm.. yea i thought Peter was hot, he was the only one who liked indie and rock music and he sang a song by the Clash on his first day.. which totally made me  hearts ... Embarassed  wink
IP Logged
Riverman
Veteran

Hello

Re: Music Talk « Reply #131 on: November 03, 2005, 09:03 AM »

That is a superb song... one of the best on the album. Smile
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

Re: Music Talk « Reply #132 on: November 03, 2005, 09:15 AM »

Quote from: "JohnW"

That is a superb song... one of the best on the album. Smile

and of course, they played it to andys highlights at the end of wimbledon!!
i heard it and i was like 'wow!' the bbc are playing good music!!
it is a great song though - one of my favourites of all time Smile
IP Logged
Josh
Seed

Re: Music Talk « Reply #133 on: November 03, 2005, 04:23 PM »

I used to watch BB but didn't watch it this year.  They just go out of their way to put in the most unusual people they can find.  Never watch FA though.  Is it just like Big Brother but they sing Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

Re: Music Talk « Reply #134 on: November 03, 2005, 04:37 PM »

Quote from: "Josh"
I used to watch BB but didn't watch it this year.  They just go out of their way to put in the most unusual people they can find.  Never watch FA though.  Is it just like Big Brother but they sing Rolling Eyes

but at least the people in FA have some sort of talent and have to work for their fame  band well....sort of Smile
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 14 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »